Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 21, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #2,941 of 15,899
  Hmmmm.... As a native English speaker I would say that the way the slogan goes ("Born for Music and Happy") doesn't appear grammatically correct. A comma is missing ("Born fo Music, and Happy), or a ...ness ("Born for Music and Happiness").
Having said that, this is a in my view a cute sort of grammatical mistake (if it is at all), and has now become the trademark of FiiO's products and an indication of their philosophy, so I wouldn't touch it, but just enjoy the music and stay happy 
gs1000.gif

I was a bit curious about that as well - but in perspective Born for music and happy sounds correct for my ears now. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #2,942 of 15,899

I'm going to have the same problem, having to connect my forth coming X5 iii to a micro iDSD BL, but i think this might be a cost-effective solution: 

Yep, that will work - with a small downside of adding the extra length.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #2,943 of 15,899
Jmills8 you tried balanced output with 2.5?
A comparasion single vs balanced will be nice guys.
Thank you
I will have my baby in 10 days.

Have balanced FIIO cable for my Shure SE846's so will be giving that a try when my X5III arrives. Also have one of the iFi Audio iEMatch noise reducing adapters to try if I get too much hiss.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #2,944 of 15,899

I was a bit curious about that as well - but in perspective Born for music and happy sounds correct for my ears now. 

The original phase comes from FiiO's Chinese motto ‘音乐,乐无限’. Though you see two '乐', it means two different things (and pronounced differently) - the first one means music, the second one means happiness. The most direct translation would have been 'music, endless happiness' (or as I prefer, 'music, endless fun'). Then of course that kind of lost in translation when it turns into what it is now.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #2,945 of 15,899
The original phase comes from FiiO's Chinese motto ‘音乐,乐无限’. Though you see two '乐', it means two different things (and pronounced differently) - the first one means music, the second one means happiness. The most direct translation would have been 'music, endless happiness' (or as I prefer, 'music, endless fun'). Then of course that kind of lost in translation when it turns into what it is now.

I've got no problem with their company motto whatsoever. I think it shows a somewhat whimsical side, and we are a world of multiple cultures, trying for that same musical bliss...

As for x5iii content, the more I listen to this, the closer I get to pulling that pre-order trigger from one of the US sites...I am getting very nervous...:cold_sweat:

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #2,946 of 15,899

I don't know what AMP3 is, but being able to stack two 10% coupons sounds good to me. What's the URL? 

I see B&H and Adorama both have the FiiO X5-III available for preorder. Any coupons available for these sites?

They wouldn't ship to Canada so not sure the US would be different.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #2,947 of 15,899
I've got no problem with their company motto whatsoever. I think it shows a somewhat whimsical side, and we are a world of multiple cultures, trying for that same musical bliss...

As for x5iii content, the more I listen to this, the closer I get to pulling that pre-order trigger from one of the US sites...I am getting very nervous...:cold_sweat:

??

You mean you have it & not liking it ?

Or

Even without having it your tempted to pre-order but then more cash gone from your wallet ?

::UPDATE::

Having re-read your post I'm sure its the 2nd one
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #2,948 of 15,899
??

You mean you have it & not liking it ?

Or

Even without having it your tempted to pre-order but then more cash gone from your wallet ?

::UPDATE::

Having re-read your post I'm sure its the 2nd one :D  

I have a tour unit in hand, and I really like it. I had not planned to purchase a new DAP, but this has me thinking seriously about doing so.:cold_sweat:

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #2,950 of 15,899
Come on.... itching for some more reviews from you testers !

Gave me something to ease my impatience until mine arrives. Need Pics/Vids
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #2,953 of 15,899
Hello Canadian Head-Fi'ers:

https://www.hifiheadphones.ca/fiio-x5-iii/

Finally a Canadian seller that has the x5iii on pre-order. Price is 499$ + 2.50 eco tax + taxes, free shipping, estimated delivery in May. Comes up to 523 for me all included.
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyone think there's a coupon code for these guys?? Stoked! IT HAS BEGUN.

Estimated delivery in May!?
Headphone Bar is offering pre-orders with an estimated delivery date of March 10:

http://www.headphonebar.com/fiio-x5-3rd-gen/

I'm probably pulling the trigger soon.

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2,954 of 15,899
Estimated delivery in May!?
Headphone Bar is offering pre-orders with an estimated delivery date of March 10:

http://www.headphonebar.com/fiio-x5-3rd-gen/

I'm probably pulling the trigger soon.

They corrected it to march... But headphonebar will probably be my go-to as well, unless someone else has a discount code. I've convinced myself to wait for the red following @Fiio 's latest comment :)

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #2,955 of 15,899
They corrected it to march... But headphonebar will probably be my go-to as well, unless someone else has a discount code. I've convinced myself to wait for the red following @Fiio 's latest comment
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah sorry about that. I was getting caught up on the weekend posts and ended up replying to your original post before reading all of the subsequent posts that corrected the information ahead of mine. 

Back on topic: I'm *this* close to firing in my order at Headphone Bar. I'm just waffling between the colour options -- I'll be honest, I just don't have the patience to wait for the red one!

So all the debates about sound quality and the right headphones/IEMs/amps to use need to take a back seat to the most important issue:

Black or Titanium?

Discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back