Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 21, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #2,914 of 15,899
  adorama does too.  both are good retailers.

I flipped a coin and bought from adorama

My man.

Nice to see you in here.
beerchug.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #2,916 of 15,899
Come on, my X5 stuck at customs warehouse due to inventory check. 
Now I need to wait couple of days more before I can get my hands on it 
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #2,919 of 15,899
Yeah I used the 10% code plus topxashback

I don't know what AMP3 is, but being able to stack two 10% coupons sounds good to me. What's the URL? 

I see B&H and Adorama both have the FiiO X5-III available for preorder. Any coupons available for these sites?

Could anyone put both discount coupons?

Thx!

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #2,920 of 15,899
From AMP3 I mean... :D

Enviado desde mi H1

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #2,921 of 15,899
I am fairly new to this, and I see quite a few interested in connecting the A5 amplifier with their X5iii.  Is this best for more powerful headphones that would need more juice? or would there be a benefit on a fairly efficient headphone?( I have Oppo PM3).  Im looking to picking up a X5iii within a month hopefully and considering getting an A5 if I would see any benefit from it.  Thanks in advance.

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #2,922 of 15,899
I got my brand new X5 First Gen two days ago, it works slick like my first one did until it stopped working slick. Fun.

I ordered an X5iii from Sky by Gramophone today. I will need a Coax cable for hooking it up to my Mojo.
I do not like the USB hookups as they are not as reliable in pocket as a coax cable is.
(In my experience, the USB makes and break connection where the coax does not)

Can anyone provide me a link to some place where I can get a decent Coax for the X5iii?  I am not a cable purist,
I'd prefer something between $5 and $25. I can spend more but why bother.
Is it the same odd cable the X5ii required?

Thanks!

Now I have two X3 first gens, two X5 first gens, and soon an X5iii. (I hope)

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #2,923 of 15,899
  I got my brand new X5 First Gen two days ago, it works slick like my first one did until it stopped working slick. Fun.

I ordered an X5iii from Sky by Gramophone today. I will need a Coax cable for hooking it up to my Mojo.
I do not like the USB hookups as they are not as reliable in pocket as a coax cable is.

Can anyone provide me a link to some place where I can get a decent Coax for the X5iii?  I am not a cable purist,

Thanks!

The X5iii has a COAX cable included

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #2,924 of 15,899

Thanks!

Yes, it's the same TRRS jack shared with the line-out (boo).

I have this one connected to the Mojo:

https://www.dysonaudio.com/collections/digital-cables/products/new-handmade-dyson-audio-fiio-dap-dac-hp-amp-75-ohm-digital-jumper-trrs-ts-3-5mm

There's also a right angle option:

https://www.dysonaudio.com/collections/digital-cables/products/new-handmade-dyson-audio-fiio-chord-mojo-75-ohm-digital-jumper-trrs-ts-3-5mm

I have no complaints, but I've read others that have had delivery issues, or connectivity issues. YMMV.

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #2,925 of 15,899

Users who are viewing this thread

Back