Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 14, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #2,551 of 15,897
I may have missed it, but where is info/reviews stating that DX200 has "better" sound quality than the X5III ?

Hope people aren't just thinking double price makes it better?  Personally, I'm waiting for unbiased reviews from professional reviewers or comparisons from head-fi'ers who have both. I want one that sounds as close to a Chord Mojo in sound quality.
better in what?

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #2,552 of 15,897

Already like the design/size/weight/OS/battery life etc. of X5III.

As hinted above, basically wanting something that can match the audio quality of a Chord Mojo in a single DAP rather than having to use Mojo/Phone combo. I only intend to use with Shure SE846's so output power is not an issue.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #2,553 of 15,897

As hinted above, basically wanting something that can match the audio quality of a Chord Mojo in a single DAP rather than having to use Mojo/Phone combo. I only intend to use with Shure SE846's so output power is not an issue.

Watch out for hype bro.

The X5iii sound is appealing in the same way Mojo was appealing. Slight warmth and detail rich.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #2,554 of 15,897

I'll post my initial impressions between the two when I receive the X5iii for the tour. I'm the first in line for my region so it should arrive shortly.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #2,555 of 15,897

Watch out for hype bro.

The X5iii sound is appealing in the same way Mojo was appealing. Slight warmth and detail rich.

See your DX200 arrived and your loving the UI.  Eagerly awaiting comparison on SQ now
biggrin.gif
 especially with regard to how they compare to a Mojo (I know you don't have now but you mentioned you had previously).

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #2,557 of 15,897

Design: depends on taste, but solid build on both
Size: DX200 is bigger, longer, thick but mot too thick. X5iii is more compact, easier to carry for daily life
Weight: DX200 is heavier
OS: For now, FiiO win (don't afraid too much when you heard about x7) But DX200 may improve in later FW but for now it not as fluid as FiiO
Battery life: FiiO have longer battery life for 1-2 hours if you play the same format in both DAP

SQ: For short, x5iii can fight what cost double of its price but not DX200, DX200 also can fight what cost double of its price.

I owned x5iii, I own DX200

I love them both :)

You can entry FiiO, it sound great and won't disappoint you. You can save some money to upgrade your IEM. If you already own great iem, try to get DX200.

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #2,559 of 15,897
  If anybody has comparisons between the X5 3 and Opus 1 non metal or DPX1/A I would love to hear them.  Looking for both sound and UI.

Thanks

Riley

I am also very curious how the OPUS#1 non metal compares to the X5 3rd gen. I recently purchased the OPUS#1, which I am enjoying, but I'm contemplating if I should keep it. I do really enjoy the sound and power coming out of the OPUS, but the design of the x5 3rd gen is just so nice haha.

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,560 of 15,897
Design: depends on taste, but solid build on both
Size: DX200 is bigger, longer, thick but mot too thick. X5iii is more compact, easier to carry for daily life
Weight: DX200 is heavier
OS: For now, FiiO win (don't afraid too much when you heard about x7) But DX200 may improve in later FW but for now it not as fluid as FiiO
Battery life: FiiO have longer battery life for 1-2 hours if you play the same format in both DAP

SQ: For short, x5iii can fight what cost double of its price but not DX200, DX200 also can fight what cost double of its price.

I owned x5iii, I own DX200

I love them both
smily_headphones1.gif

You can entry FiiO, it sound great and won't disappoint you. You can save some money to upgrade your IEM. If you already own great iem, try to get DX200.

Yeah, no..

disagree completely...i politely disagree.

I got them both with me and I get opposite impressions.

interface of DX is faster and more fluid.

X5iii with EX1000 in balanced mode listening to a 24/96 vinyl rip of Fleetwood Mac's  Rumours and prefer the sound on X5iii. 

I just started listening but first impressions are pretty potent for me. Gotta listen to some Pink Floyd and 2pac...
No idea how you think a device that is twice the price is worth twice it's price which is what you implied.
 Vocals and kick drum and guitar sound better on a song called "The Chain"

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,561 of 15,897

Yeah, no..

disagree completely...i politely disagree.

I got them both with me and I get opposite impressions.

interface of DX is faster and more fluid.

X5iii with EX1000 in balanced mode listening to a 24/96 vinyl rip of Fleetwood Mac's  Rumours and prefer the sound on X5iii. 

I just started listening but first impressions are pretty potent for me. Gotta listen to some Pink Floyd and 2pac...
No idea how you think a device that is twice the price is worth twice it's price which is what you implied.
 Vocals and kick drum and guitar sound better on a song called "The Chain"

Not entirely sure what you are saying here. Are you saying the X5iii sounds more to your preference than DX200?

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #2,563 of 15,897
Not entirely sure what you are saying here. Are you saying the X5iii sounds more to your preference than DX200?
X5III sounds better "for my preference" than the Sony 1Z and 1A.

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #2,565 of 15,897
If someone could answer a couple of questions that got missed (or I missed!) in this thread that would be helpful.

1) How does the x5-III see the 2 memory cards?  Is it one big memory allocated, or are they two separate cards?

2) What is the battery life like in terms of hours?  Usual android of around 12 or so or considerably less?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back