Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 10, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #2,311 of 15,899
For classical, the difference between, say, the X3ii and X5ii should be HUGE. At least in one regard: soundstage.

My testing of the X3ii and X5 Classic showed the X5 to have greater stage dimensions. The 2nd Gen X5 is said to be bigger still.

Feb 10, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,312 of 15,899
I lost my FiiO X5 2nd gen a couple of days ago and I am in the market for a new DAP. I am looking at 2 DAPs at the moment and it's the 3rd gen of X5 here and Pioneer's XDP-300r. I know there aren't many people that have tried the 3rd gen of X5, but from what we know about it so far, in terms of user interface and sound quality (I listen to prog music mainly be it metal or rock) which of the two would you guys recommend?

Thanks

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #2,313 of 15,899
I lost my FiiO X5 2nd gen a couple of days ago and I am in the market for a new DAP. I am looking at 2 DAPs at the moment and it's the 3rd gen of X5 here and Pioneer's XDP-300r. I know there aren't many people that have tried the 3rd gen of X5, but from what we know about it so far, in terms of user interface and sound quality (I listen to prog music mainly be it metal or rock) which of the two would you guys recommend?

Thanks
Na man, your mind the dark part wanted to lose your old dap so you can go shopping.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #2,314 of 15,899
For classical, the difference between, say, the X3ii and X5ii should be HUGE. At least in one regard: soundstage.

My testing of the X3ii and X5 Classic showed the X5 to have greater stage dimensions. The 2nd Gen X5 is said to be bigger still.

Oh Yes! 

The soundstage is really great on X5ii!

Almost forgot about that! The differences are even greater with Ultrasone's magical S-Logic! 

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #2,316 of 15,899
FiiO could we please have a change log for FW 1.1.0 if it's available. Thanks.

Listening to Rush - 2112 on the X5 III and android with e17k, and I must say that people who don't notice a considerable difference in SQ are lucky and have happy wallets as jmills8 aptly put it

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #2,317 of 15,899
@fiio could we please have a change log for FW 1.1.0 if it's available. Thanks.

Listening to Rush - 2112 on the X5 III and iPhone 6, and I must say that people who don't notice a considerable different is SQ are lucky and have happy wallets as @jmills8 aptly put it

From their Facebook page:

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.1.0 compared to FW1.0.9

1. Fixed issue where the playing progress bar was not displayed for some third-party music apps;
2. Fixed issue where some third-party music apps could not save downloads to the external SD cards;
3. Fixed issue where the volume might drop when the player was docked to K5 in some cases;
4. Fixed issue where the player would not enter standby mode when FiiO Music was running but with no music playing;
5. Improved issue where the title of some tracks was displayed incorrectly;
6. Improved the track sorting method;
7. Improved issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally when scanning some CUE sheets.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #2,318 of 15,899
  Fiio,  please include a US compatible quick charger for the US market product as it would be most appreciated.  I am currently using an old Apple ipod charger with my 1st gen X5 and it does the job, but it takes longer.

Thank you

Riley

too complex to us to prepare so many different kind of AC fast charger cause the certification will cost a lots of money. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 10, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #2,319 of 15,899
Differences btw DAPs are very subtle to me as well with the exception of sound signature. Having owned the ZX2 and A15, I failed to tell them apart in a proper blind test by getting a friend to switch DAPs with my eyes closed. (Was using a JH13FP at that time)

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #2,323 of 15,899

That is too bad.  I am still interested in a Fiio X5 3 though.  That is a little disappointing, but not at all a deal breaker.  Will you include some kind of charger then?

Thank you

Riley

Bro the box cannot fit anymore stuff. They would have to change the packaging

On a side note. This DAP sounds pretty dope with my ma-900.
 I thought i might test drive this for a month then sell at a loss to keep from collecting stuff (I only got 2 ears and 24 hours man) and now the AK DAC and it's smooth delivery kinda got me hooked. Very nice work FiiO

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #2,324 of 15,899

Bro the box cannot fit anymore stuff. They would have to change the packaging

On a side note. This DAP sounds pretty dope with my ma-900.
 I thought i might test drive this for a month then sell at a loss to keep from collecting stuff (I only got 2 ears and 24 hours man) and now the AK DAC and it's smooth delivery kinda got me hooked. Very nice work FiiO

Great videos.  Very helpful.  I was mostly joking about the charger.  I should have made that more clear.  It was a communication error on my part.  My apologies.

Riley

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #2,325 of 15,899
  Great videos.  Very helpful.  I was mostly joking about the charger.  I should have made that more clear.  It was a communication error on my part.  My apologies.

Riley

I was just thinking about the unboxing and thought...man, can they even fit something in there? 

Nice gesture but apology unwarranted. I sometimes skip devices where the community is so uptight that honest questions get treated as slander or trolling. I ain't like that. You made a legit inquiry. This thread will stay healthy and welcoming to members and many non member viewers if we stay real and open. This device is great and the prices I have seen floated around make it more appealing so no reason for anyone to feel anything but stoked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back