Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 11, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #1,008 of 15,899
[quote name="Lycosa777" url="/t/828402/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-2x-akm-4490-balanced-out-dsd-dxd-dts-android-dual-card-slot-mastering-quality-audio/1005
Ive already seen a few second hand X1As and X1s lol
[/quote]

Yeah there's one for sale right now on the forum.

Just bought one from buysmartjapan, anyone ever use them? I'm pretty excited for this thing... I used to have an x7 but it was riddled with bugs so I returned it

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,010 of 15,899

Hehe!
Is the DP-X11 the rumoured Onkyo Smartphone/DAP? I had my eye on that too
tongue_smile.gif

I haven't checked in the last 7 days or so, but last time I checked, there were no updates (for a long, long time).. Any news?

check the thread, there are all the stats

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #1,011 of 15,899
  check the thread, there are all the stats

Yep, all very nice info but let keep pure Onkyo discussion back to Onkyo's thread.

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #1,014 of 15,899
When do it will be on your store on aliexpress? there is the only reliable source to buy in mexico =)

Official distributor Mexico is called "AUDIOFILIA"
https://www.audiofilia.com
Fiio still has no release date

Here on Italy is available in preorder at 449€. Estimated shipping: 1st week of february.
www.playstereo.com
I've just placed my order :)

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #1,016 of 15,899
Which is better between usb out or coaxial out when connecting to dac/amp

With USB-out, you don't have to worry about jitter (*the digital smearing of the signal) as much. The downside is that USB DAC function on Android is inherently not the most stable because Google didn't implement a good common USB audio class driver but instead relies on the manufacturer (as well as third party apps) to implement their own driver. As far as the drivers (both stock as well as third party apps) on X5III goes, it is currently working but not perfect yet. It is glitchy and will crash from time to time, but hopefully this will get fixed in the future. With coax-out, you don't need to worry about compatibility issue as much since S/PDIF is a well establish protocol, but it could suffer from higher jitter and currently the DoP function has not been implemented on X5III yet (though FiiO already promises to implement it in the future) and thus there isn't any native DSD support over coax-out for now. However, it is arguable that, even if coax-out does have higher jitter than USB-out, whether it is audible or not might be a question. There are conflicting info out there, but I think many will agree that jitter isn't the most audible of all the distortion on any system and usually it needs to be fairly wrong to be noticeable.

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #1,017 of 15,899
As I read from that topic, it's annoying and also can't be fixed :confounded:

Oh dear - maybe JamesFiio can shed more light on this for us

I generated 4 files, all 1kHz test tone but with different bitdepth / sample rate - 16/44.1, 16/48, 32/96 and 32/192, then I put them on loop and listen. The result is inconclusive - sometime I didn't hear any sound between the files, sometime there seems to be a very faint 'click'. The faint click doesn't always occur on two specific files / bitdepth / sampling rate and therefore I can't say in certainty that it is the sound generated by the DAC when switching bitdepth / sampling rate, as sometime I also notice a slight 'click' during the beginning or between music of the same bitdepth / sampling rate, and it seems more like a relay or headphone protection circuit kicking in.

Thanks for doing this testing. What fw version is your x5iii running? I know 1.0.6 is the latest

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,018 of 15,899
  Thanks for doing this testing. What fw version is your x5iii running? I know 1.0.6 is the latest

I am on the latest firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back