Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 23, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #617 of 15,897
  etoilebiscuit, sorry ,it can not . 

Could you tell some details about the equalizer, please? Same configuration as in X3 II and X5 II, thus 10 bands with a width of 1 octave each? And will it work with higher sampling rates, such as 96 or 192 kHz (unlike the X5 II)?

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #618 of 15,897

Could you tell some details about the equalizer, please? Same configuration as in X3 II and X5 II, thus 10 bands with a width of 1 octave each? And will it work with higher sampling rates, such as 96 or 192 kHz (unlike the X5 II)?

If you've had the chance to play with X7, since they are both based on Android, I imagine it's the same music app, so the EQ function might be similar. 

Gotta ask though, why are the ports on the bottom of the DAP now? Or rather, how does this feel like? (only used devices with ports on top for the past 5 years, not sure what to expect. )

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #619 of 15,897

If you've had the chance to play with X7, since they are both based on Android, I imagine it's the same music app, so the EQ function might be similar.

Hi George
smile.gif

I've never met the X7 in person, but since you own one (according to your profile), maybe you can tell...

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #620 of 15,897
  Gotta ask though, why are the ports on the bottom of the DAP now? Or rather, how does this feel like? (only used devices with ports on top for the past 5 years, not sure what to expect. )

I prefer them on the bottom for one main reason.  When you sick it in your pocket and pull it out, you're looking at it right side up without having to rotate it in your hand.  Just comes out the right way.  I prefer phones w/ the jacks at the bottom too for that reason.  So I personally really like it on the bottom.

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #622 of 15,897
some information from polish reseller
 Cena preorder: 1549/1599 PLN  -  cena rynkowa: 2149/2199 PLN

preorder: 1549/1599 PLN (~377USD) , regular price: 2149/2199 PLN (~519USD) 
hm... sounds good for me but the 'regular' price is just `~20USD lower than x7 here 0_o

Pierwsza najważniejsza realizacja naszego zamówienia dopiero luty/marzec bo produkt jest jeszcze w fazie dopracowywania softu.

will be available in Feb/March - they say the fiio is finishing Firmware (soft)

Quote:
source:  http://forum.mp3store.pl/topic/143862-przedsprzedaz-fiio-x5-gen-iii-2017-rok/

Could you please upload the link of the shop they're having the X5III on preorder?

Thx in advance.

Enviado desde mi H1

Dec 23, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #623 of 15,897

Each to their own.

Now, back to the DX200...
wink_face.gif

Actually, I liked the jack on top for X5ii, even my phone has it on top. 

The reason is quite funny, me listens to music using a side bag, so the DAP would be standing while in the side bag, makes for a simpler control scheme. 

Hi George
smile.gif

I've never met the X7 in person, but since you own one (according to your profile), maybe you can tell...

Sorry, had one for a while to play with, but didn't end up buying it 
redface.gif

X7 + AM1 is just a tad too smooth for me tastes, though the mids were really awesome. The top end was not sparkly enough. 

When I tested it, the EQ worked similarly with X5ii, except for the major fact that on X7 the EQ doesn't lower sound by the max amount of the EQ we can add. Which I really liked on X5ii since it really helped avoid aliasing and noise. 

It sounds kinda good, but I had the earlier versions for that while, not the most recent version of FW, so it might be different in the latest revisions.

In another order of thoughts I engaged less the EQ on X7 since X7+AM1 sounded ok with ie800, so my experience is less than enough to give you a proper explanation here... 

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #624 of 15,897
I'm looking for a dap that isn't going to slow up when Im browsing through a huge microsd card. As well as one that wont get chopped up playing .dsf files, which my fiio x5ii should be able to play but sometimes will skip for a second. Is the x5iii going to be a player that can do that?

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #626 of 15,897
If I buy the X5 3rd Gen I'm planning on using it like my X5 2nd Gen, just to play FLAC files on the microSD cards.

So, will I able able to turn off BT and WiFi? Hopefully turning them off will improve the playback time.

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #627 of 15,897
  If I buy the X5 3rd Gen I'm planning on using it like my X5 2nd Gen, just to play FLAC files on the microSD cards.

So, will I able able to turn off BT and WiFi? Hopefully turning them off will improve the playback time.

Yes, Android will allow you to turn off BT and WiFi, unless Fiio have deliberately crippled that ability, which is highly unlikely.

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #628 of 15,897
Available (preorder I assume?) in Spain for € 449,99 http://en.zococity.es/fiio-x5iii

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #630 of 15,897
I see this fiio x5 gen 3 using dual ak4490. Which was the same setup as ak380. Does this mean the sound will be about the same in terms of quality and flavor?

No, not necessarily.

Many aspects of a circuits design can influence the end result, subjectively-speaking. People on Head-fi tend to obsess about the DAC chips used, but they're only one step in the audio path of a circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back