Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 5, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #14,176 of 15,897
So you find those opinions pathetic?
I am bit (way) more positive then you :) you get the idea.

Anyway, it turned out this dap and Fiio's plans to improve it offered lot of crappy experience. The important idea was to help them fix the numerous issues we reported but almost none of them was fixed. Not only this, but other problems appeared. Now, that's really sad.

Jan 5, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #14,177 of 15,897
Same.

While Fiio deserves all the blame for the X5iii, I feel failed by the countless reviews I read in an attempt at due diligence before purchasing. Sure, gapless worked until they broke it with an update but a few lines about what using the device was like, in real thoughtfully considered terms, would've been a hell of a lot more useful to me than knowing there are dual crystal oscillators under the hood. Not being informed about how daily usage is hampered by crashes and faults in basic operational features like sorting is simply inexcusable. What's the point of a review that omits info like this?

@FiiO can you at least offer an update on the update?

I'm one of those reviewers. I still use my X5iii - pretty much daily. It remains one of favourite DAPs. No crashes. Gapless works. Viper is just brilliant for my preferences. I stand by the review I wrote. For the uses I had (and continue to have), and the performance I expect, its still one of the DAPs I use all the time.

Not a fanboy. Not a shill. Just a satisfied user. I'm sorry your experience is different.

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #14,179 of 15,897
X5iii is still my favourite DAP and I don't have any problem in using it.

BTW, anybody had used the fidelizer enhanced ROM which includes PerfectDynamics 2.0 ?

Mother always said, is always the moaners who yell the loudest. Content people rarely get heard.

Overall my experience is content. I get the occasional crash but that happens on my phone and computer too so expecting and excepting programs do. I only use pure music mode.
Gapless works for me fine in most, not all albums. ALAC more likely to work than FLAC but that's not a truism.
My greatest wish is the music app would show artists and album artists as separate things because they are not always the same, especially with compilations.

Speed and performance are limited by hardware and searching 2x400gb cards so content there too.

As for slow fiio updates. I recall when these came out once a month and people weren't satisfied then. The early pages of this thread still had moaners. If fiio say they have another in the works, that's good, but if it's delayed, perhaps they're taking into account prior thread comments so a late update may be good. They don't have to do updates at all, so be happy we get some.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #14,180 of 15,897
Last night I updated my Fiio x5iii with the latest beta firmware sent to me by Fiio. Now I want to roll back to any previous firmware as the beta firmware is very unstable. I have tried several times in several ways to roll back but it is not working. Can anyone tell me how to roll back to a previous firmware. Or atleast Fiio should step in and resolve this issue for me

Jan 5, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #14,181 of 15,897
Last night I updated my Fiio x5iii with the latest beta firmware sent to me by Fiio. Now I want to roll back to any previous firmware as the beta firmware is very unstable. I have tried several times in several ways to roll back but it is not working. Can anyone tell me how to roll back to a previous firmware. Or atleast Fiio should step in and resolve this issue for me

have you tried this method?

http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41890

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #14,183 of 15,897
You should be able to get to the bootloader in any case by pressing power for 30-60 sec.
After that, you can either flash the full firmware from windows (assuming you have the windows drivers correctly installed) or else use my method -> flash TWRP recovery -> boot to TWRP -> erase system/data & re-install.

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #14,184 of 15,897
You should be able to get to the bootloader in any case by pressing power for 30-60 sec.
After that, you can either flash the full firmware from windows (assuming you have the windows drivers correctly installed) or else use my method -> flash TWRP recovery -> boot to TWRP -> erase system/data & re-install.

I am not aware of either of the above methods. Can you send more details here? I want to roll back to a previous firmware

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #14,185 of 15,897
Jan 5, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #14,187 of 15,897
No - and I wouldn't risk going back that far. 1.1.4 and below have different changes to the bootloader and memory maps.

Reset the player to bootloader as indicated (so Windows FiiO flash tool button lights up in green) - and then flash FiiO's vanilla firmware v1.1.9 or v1.2.1

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #14,188 of 15,897
No - and I wouldn't risk going back that far. 1.1.4 and below have different changes to the bootloader and memory maps.

Reset the player to bootloader as indicated (so Windows FiiO flash tool button lights up in green) - and then flash FiiO's vanilla firmware v1.1.9 or v1.2.1

Ok. Isn't it possible to straight away roll back to 1.2.1 by putting the update file in the machine and upgrading from there?

Jan 5, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #14,189 of 15,897
Technically yes, but I haven't tried it yet. YMMV...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back