Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 7, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #6,991 of 15,899
Play with the Viper Effects. The Fire EQ doesn't drop the volume when engaged and allows +-12dB of adjustment for a potential bass boost of 24dB.

There's also the Dynamic System in Viper Effects which gives a boost to the bass as well, and it does this differently depending on the headphone options you choose. Crank it to 100% to really hear the effect.

If you want to pay $0.50 you can purchase the Viper Effects bass boost. I haven't purchased it personally but it's another option.

There are options, you just need to put some effort in and learn the device.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I already did what you wrote me days ago and I do not notice anything, nothing improves the BASS, it sounds flat, lifeless .... Buy the BASS mode you said, it only brings 3 options and the 3 options are horrible and Do nothing to improve BASS (is it a placebo option?). I think the FIIO MUSIC seems an incomplete demo, which has many errors, bugs and many shortcomings, and I hope and wish it to improve for the € 500 worth of X5. A greeting!.
wink_face.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #6,992 of 15,899
Play with the Viper Effects. The Fire EQ doesn't drop the volume when engaged and allows +-12dB of adjustment for a potential bass boost of 24dB.

There's also the Dynamic System in Viper Effects which gives a boost to the bass as well, and it does this differently depending on the headphone options you choose. Crank it to 100% to really hear the effect.

If you want to pay $0.50 you can purchase the Viper Effects bass boost. I haven't purchased it personally but it's another option.

There are options, you just need to put some effort in and learn the device.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I already did what you wrote me days ago and I do not notice anything, nothing improves the BASS, it sounds flat, lifeless .... Buy the BASS mode you said, it only brings 3 options and the 3 options are horrible and Do nothing to improve BASS (is it a placebo option?). I think the FIIO MUSIC seems an incomplete demo, which has many errors, bugs and many shortcomings, and I hope and wish it to improve for the € 500 worth of X5. A greeting!.:wink_face:

@Hawaiibadboy replied to you earlier, not me.

I'm not sure I can help any further. I tested my recommendations (except for the bass boost paid option) and I noticed quite a noticeable change, especially when I boost the bass frequencies and drop the mids and treble in the Viper fire EQ. The Dynamic System option reminds me of the old loudness button on old stereo gear. Again, quite noticeable to me when selecting the different options and with the effect turned up to 100%. I hear a healthy increase in the bass here. I'm not sure how you possibly can't notice any difference.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #6,993 of 15,899
My thoughts - he's bought the wrong player, and now wants to make it what he wants, regardless of the fact that most of us would cringe at that effect.

If you want to drop that much bass - change your headphones.  Have you ever thought that your desire for that much bass just may not be the norm?

And demanding FiiO add it .......  What happens when others demand they don't?

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #6,994 of 15,899
@Kasios , just get a good amp with a Bass Boost.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #6,997 of 15,899
@Kasios , just get a good amp with a Bass Boost.

Hi. Yesterday I bought the neutron that both recommend some for the forum. It has many options. And you have several "boss mode". I activated it and it has not changed anything (in the end I will think that I am deaf
tongue_smile.gif
). At this moment, the only third party player that if I get what I want from the time I listened to music with the cellphone is the "Poweramp" and its BASS volume. What I want to know for sure is if the poweramp takes advantage of the X5 hardware and does not "fake" the sound, I would like to know.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #6,998 of 15,899
  Hi. Yesterday I bought the neutron that both recommend some for the forum. It has many options. And you have several "boss mode". I activated it and it has not changed anything (in the end I will think that I am deaf
tongue_smile.gif
). At this moment, the only third party player that if I get what I want from the time I listened to music with the cellphone is the "Poweramp" and its BASS volume. What I want to know for sure is if the poweramp takes advantage of the X5 hardware and does not "fake" the sound, I would like to know.

If you can't tell the different of SQ between Poweramp and Fiio Music, then it isn't "fake".

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #6,999 of 15,899
Hi. Yesterday I bought the neutron that both recommend some for the forum. It has many options. And you have several "boss mode". I activated it and it has not changed anything (in the end I will think that I am deaf :tongue_smile: ). At this moment, the only third party player that if I get what I want from the time I listened to music with the cellphone is the "Poweramp" and its BASS volume. What I want to know for sure is if the poweramp takes advantage of the X5 hardware and does not "fake" the sound, I would like to know.

Just want you to know that I'm being serious with this one, and this is not a dig at you ok.:smile:

If you're EQing that much bass into a track, the fact that there might be down-sampling from hi-res to 16/44 or 16/48 (which is inaudible difference anyway) - won't make a shred of difference. The bass is going to bleed into the other frequencies anyway.

Just use Poweramp, EQ to the way you like it, and enjoy.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #7,000 of 15,899
Hi. Yesterday I bought the neutron that both recommend some for the forum. It has many options. And you have several "boss mode". I activated it and it has not changed anything (in the end I will think that I am deaf :tongue_smile: ). At this moment, the only third party player that if I get what I want from the time I listened to music with the cellphone is the "Poweramp" and its BASS volume. What I want to know for sure is if the poweramp takes advantage of the X5 hardware and does not "fake" the sound, I would like to know.
Try the FREE Onkyo, then get a bassy hp/iem, then an anp.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #7,001 of 15,899
  If you can't tell the different of SQ between Poweramp and Fiio Music, then it isn't "fake".

Of course I can distinguish perfectly. The EIO of FIIO MUSIC is flat and useless for me and the BASS MODE of the poweramp is what I want and I look for (still nobody has told me if the "poweramp" takes advantage of the X5 hardware). I hope you understood me right now and if it is not the fault of the google translator
wink_face.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #7,002 of 15,899
  Of course I can distinguish perfectly. The EIO of FIIO MUSIC is flat and useless for me and the BASS MODE of the poweramp is what I want and I look for (still nobody has told me if the "poweramp" takes advantage of the X5 hardware). I hope you understood me right now and if it is not the fault of the google translator
wink_face.gif

it has been said like 100000+ times in this thread that all third party apps like Poweramp or others output through the Fioo X5 dac, so yes it takes advantage of the X5. 
There is no other way to output sound on the X5. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #7,003 of 15,899
  it has been said like 100000+ times in this thread that all third party apps like Poweramp or others output through the Fioo X5 dac, so yes it takes advantage of the X5. 
There is no other way to output sound on the X5. 

Thank you, I thank you 1000000000000000000000+ times your response and I comment that I have not read the 460 pages of the forum and I will not read them, that's why I asked what I asked, but thank you for your superhuman effort to respond, Which has cost you a lot of sweat and tears. Thank you!!.
beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #7,004 of 15,899
let's not derail this rather civil thread into a bass boost mud fight :D (I could use an integrated bass boost aswell haha)

That said in spotify if you go to sound settings you see there is a bass boost option, but it's not doing anything.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #7,005 of 15,899
For bassheads, you can try JetAudio HD (good EQ and with payment it has an impressive AM3D audio enancer)
But there is a problem, at least for me: it does not display Tags on X5iii. But it's ok on my smartphone and Sony DAP
(Hoping Fiio can solve this in the future)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jetappfactory.jetaudioplus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back