Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 11, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #2,416 of 15,897
Yesterday you wrote:

Quote:

Thank you.  I am just trying to be as nice and kind on here as I can.  Also I am trying to be clear when I say something so it can't be taken out of context and become offensive or frustrating.  I am not here for drama.  I am here to learn.  Sounds like the X5 3 is definitely the way to go for my budget right now  I cannot afford the DPX1A this year.  My cell phone bill has went way up.  I also have to get new prescription eyewear in the fall if my vision changes.  And I am going to 4 concert within a months time as well.  Money is just too tight to afford anything above the X5 3 for a while.

Thanks

Riley

And a couple of days you wrote in the ONKYO DP-X1 Thread:

Thank you very much.  I have been wanting a DPX1A for some time.  This makes me feel that I am making the right decision waiting for the A.  Great write up and comparison.    This is exactly what a lot of us were wondering about here.

Cheers

Riley

So I am wondering, which are you actually going to purchase? What changed your mind from choosing one over the other? Does one unit lack something that you want or need and no longer qualifies for you?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #2,417 of 15,897

And a couple of days you wrote in the ONKYO DP-X1 Thread:

So I am wondering, which are you actually going to purchase? What changed your mind from choosing one over the other? Does one unit lack something that you want or need and no longer qualifies for you?

Thanks in advance.

I changed my mind because my budget had taken a significant hit with lack of work due to all of the storms we have had so I cannot afford the DPX1A now.  Life happens.  My cell phone died so I had to upgrade to a brand new phone and my phone bill went up over $100.00 a month.  I also have at least 5 concerts I am traveling to this year.  So I cannot afford the DPX1A on my very limited income right now.  I work for my dad in our almond orchard and a walnut orchard that we manage for a friend.  Due to all of the storms in Northern California I am not able to work.  I have not worked since before Christmas.  I also have to buy new prescription glasses and sunglasses in the fall which are quite pricey.  I am hoping to be able to afford a Fiio X5 3 this year, but don't know when I can afford it.

Cheers

Riley

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #2,418 of 15,897
FW 1.1.0 not playing nice with me  
confused_face.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #2,419 of 15,897

1,The retail price is decided by our agents but it should be around $400.

2,   The red version will be shipped in next month, the black/titian version will launch market first at the end of this month.

3,   The red case will not includes in the package but will be sold alone.  the red version will comes with a black case too.

Good to know, a little bit sad red version will come later though..

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #2,420 of 15,897
Feb 12, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #2,421 of 15,897

I changed my mind because my budget had taken a significant hit with lack of work due to all of the storms we have had so I cannot afford the DPX1A now.  Life happens.  My cell phone died so I had to upgrade to a brand new phone and my phone bill went up over $100.00 a month.  I also have at least 5 concerts I am traveling to this year.  So I cannot afford the DPX1A on my very limited income right now.  I work for my dad in our almond orchard and a walnut orchard that we manage for a friend.  Due to all of the storms in Northern California I am not able to work.  I have not worked since before Christmas.  I also have to buy new prescription glasses and sunglasses in the fall which are quite pricey.  I am hoping to be able to afford a Fiio X5 3 this year, but don't know when I can afford it.

Cheers

Riley

Seems like a crazy phone bill given that American's have cheaper cell phone service than Canadian's even. I never get data as free WiFi is everywhere or I use my home WiFi  so for me the need for data is pretty minimal. That said I don't know your needs, but unless it is business critical, data isn't a necessity and that is what is most expensive.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #2,422 of 15,897
Seems like a crazy phone bill given that American's have cheaper cell phone service than Canadian's even. I never get data as free WiFi is everywhere or I use my home WiFi  so for me the need for data is pretty minimal. That said I don't know your needs, but unless it is business critical, data isn't a necessity and that is what is most expensive.
In HK its like $15 a month.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #2,423 of 15,897

My data is split up among 5 or 6 people on my mom's plan.  It is not the data that is expensive.  I upgraded my phone mid contract due to my old phone dying so Verizon is sticking it to me for doing so is the simple way to put it. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #2,424 of 15,897
In HK its like $15 a month.

For how much data? Unlimited, that would be crazy. Here it is very expensive, but as I said, in my mind data is for me a complete waste of money. You go to work, wifi, you go anywhere shopping wifi, your home, wifi, your friends place wifi so the few places where I don't have free wifi access I just do without. Not to mention, I'm old and no fun so it isn't like I'm playing games or watching movies on my phone anyway. Younger people probably think data is important so I get that.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #2,425 of 15,897

My data is split up among 5 or 6 people on my mom's plan.  It is not the data that is expensive.  I upgraded my phone mid contract due to my old phone dying so Verizon is sticking it to me for doing so is the simple way to put it. 

I feel the pain, I still owe $550 for a G4, try that on for size! I would never get the flagship phones as for my needs you pay for a bunch of bells and whistles you can do without. It isn't like a cell phone for me is a critical business tool so a two year old model still has plenty of power and features for my needs. I guess I'm lucky in a sense to be getting a little older.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #2,426 of 15,897
For how much data? Unlimited, that would be crazy. Here it is very expensive, but as I said, in my mind data is for me a complete waste of money. You go to work, wifi, you go anywhere shopping wifi, your home, wifi, your friends place wifi so the few places where I don't have free wifi access I just do without. Not to mention, I'm old and no fun so it isn't like I'm playing games or watching movies on my phone anyway. Younger people probably think data is important so I get that.
HK is expensive but internet and phone are really cheap.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #2,427 of 15,897
  I feel the pain, I still owe $550 for a G4, try that on for size! I would never get the flagship phones as for my needs you pay for a bunch of bells and whistles you can do without. It isn't like a cell phone for me is a critical business tool so a two year old model still has plenty of power and features for my needs. I guess I'm lucky in a sense to be getting a little older.

I still regret upgrading from a paid off Galaxy S5 to a financed LG G5 on launch.  Especially now that I could get a brand new one for half as much as I still owe...    I liked the S5 better anyway I was just looking for an all in one DAP with the B&O module, but I ended up strapping my E07K to my G5 just like I did with my S5 due to battery life, so it was an expensive step backward.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #2,428 of 15,897
  I still regret upgrading from a paid off Galaxy S5 to a financed LG G5 on launch.  Especially now that I could get a brand new one for half as much as I still owe...    I liked the S5 better anyway I was just looking for an all in one DAP with the B&O module, but I ended up strapping my E07K to my G5 just like I did with my S5 due to battery life, so it was an expensive step backward.

Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? I almost picked up the G5, but the G4 gave me most of the performance anyway. Cell phones are like computers, people way over estimate what they need and what they will really use. I mostly moved from the G3 to the G4 for the camera which is still considered pretty good. I would upgrade for a really good camera and screen, but not until this is paid off I think. The real problem is that new phones are so damn sexy even though we know we don't need them, we still lust for them.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #2,429 of 15,897
HK is expensive but internet and phone are really cheap.

Must be a fun place to live. Maybe a little populated for me. At my age (48) while I like a city, I don't want the really huge busy ones anymore. I'm too old for all of those beautiful young women anyway so best not to see them!

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #2,430 of 15,897
Must be a fun place to live. Maybe a little populated for me. At my age (48) while I like a city, I don't want the really huge busy ones anymore. I'm too old for all of those beautiful young women anyway so best not to see them!
well Im from Miami Beach. Much less crowded. ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back