Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 17, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #211 of 15,897
Looking forward to your thoughts on this ClieOS. I'm interested in how the volume wheel / knob feels. Is it knurled? Easy to turn? Stiff? Recessed enough to not get accidentally turned? Etc.

I'm also curious if it's easy to fine tune the volume on low gain with low impedance, high sensitivity IEM.

And for the final bonus question, what Opamps are used?

TIA and Cheers!

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #213 of 15,897
Looks almost too good to be true. :)
Cayin i5 competitor, was just about to order one and didn't see/expect this update coming.... 

Two important questions:
- Does it support true gapless playback? This is not an issue for the Asian customer I know, but a deal-breaker for al lot of EU/US music lovers!
- Does it have DLNA support?
15578400_1299158006808396_4819625542987613173_n.jpg

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #214 of 15,897

Thanks, man. I totally missed that in this quickly moving thread. My sleep deprived state as I followed the thread late last probably didn't help, either :wink:

Super eager to get my hand on this. This is one of the most interesting mid-tier DAPs I've seen to date!

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #215 of 15,897
Thanks, man. I totally missed that in this quickly moving thread. My sleep deprived state as I followed the thread late last probably didn't help, either :wink:

Super eager to get my hand on this. This is one of the most interesting mid-tier DAPs I've seen to date!

I'm already saving my pennies! 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #216 of 15,897
Dobrescu George: Do you know if the custom opamps have been used in other FiiO kit before? If so, which?

SubSTI: Gapless is a must for me, too!

I'm also curious to see how it competes soundwise with Shanling M5 and Opus #1, which have become my go to DAPs in this price range. Looking forward to taking this for a test drive!

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #217 of 15,897
The original FiiO x5 was my first Hi Res DAP. I still use the X5II as my main DAP. I have tried many other DAPs since the X5II came out, but always found myself going back to the X5. I am very excited for the X5III. I love the fact that it has Dual DACs and the 2.5mm, that it still looks very portable even though it has the full touch screen, and the extra 32GB of internal memory. The more storage the better with Hi Res audio.

@FiiO Will a screen protecter be pre-installed like with previous FiiO DAPs? Also, if you are using the 3.5mm headphone jack, are both DAC's still being used?

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #218 of 15,897
  The original FiiO x5 was my first Hi Res DAP. I still use the X5II as my main DAP. I have tried many other DAPs since the X5II came out, but always found myself going back to the X5. I am very excited for the X5III. I love the fact that it has Dual DACs and the 2.5mm, that it still looks very portable even though it has the full touch screen, and the extra 32GB of internal memory. The more storage the better with Hi Res audio.

@FiiO Will a screen protecter be pre-installed like with previous FiiO DAPs? Also, if you are using the 3.5mm headphone jack, are both DAC's still being used?

It comes with a tempered glass screen protector as standard accessory, but probably it's not pre-installed.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #219 of 15,897
@Dobrescu George: Do you know if the custom opamps have been used in other FiiO kit before? If so, which?

@SubSTI: Gapless is a must for me, too!

I'm also curious to see how it competes soundwise with Shanling M5 and Opus #1, which have become my go to DAPs in this price range. Looking forward to taking this for a test drive!

Guess I confused the OP-Amps with the OPA - 1652 used in X5ii, seems that OPA 1642 are different in X5-3. 

I would kinda expect a similar sound from them, and not a change in sound as massive as it is between OPA 1652 and Muses02 for example. 

OPA 827, 1612, 1642 were claimed to be quite good by some users in the past though I haven't heard them myself, or I don't think so so I cannot pronounce. 

I think that X5-3 looks rad (aesthetics) and I'll be among the first to get one and write a serious and in-depth review for it. 

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #220 of 15,897
I'm very excited about this. Not that I will likely buy one, as I already have the AK. But still, new DAPs get my juices flowing. :D

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #221 of 15,897
I have a question. So I know it's Android based and in pictures you can see the Spotify app on there. Can you download other music apps from the Play Store on to the X5 III? I ask because I'm an Apple Music user and I'm wondering if it would be possible to install the Android app on the X5 III. Thank you.

Edit: Or would it be installable via the .apk file?

Yeah you can install apk file on it same like x7 facebook is awesome working so apk files are compatible:blush:

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #222 of 15,897
The X5iii looks like an improvement on everything I didn't like about the X7. I'm especially pleased to see duel SD slots again! Color me impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back