Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 9, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #2,191 of 15,897

The close all windows to free resources was an epic miss on the X7. Glad this one has it. Pretty dope. Love the sound. MA900 sound awesome with this DAP.  This is the first DAP I ever bought that i figured they coulda asked for more money. Seriously. I paid around $450. Am totally TOTALLY cool with that

You really make me want to buy one faster, man! 

It looks like you are having the time of your life with this device 
biggrin.gif

How is your favorite thing - the bass? 
gs1000.gif

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2,192 of 15,897
You really make me want to buy one faster, man! 

It looks like you are having the time of your life with this device :D

How is your favorite thing - the bass? :gs1000smile:

I'm pretty much on the same page, Keep trying to find a way to get it sooner than later. :p haha

Only issue is that I can probably save 100$ if I wait :/

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #2,193 of 15,897
I'm pretty much on the same page, Keep trying to find a way to get it sooner than later. :p haha

Only issue is that I can probably save 100$ if I wait :/

Waiting to get one is hard right now ! 
biggrin.gif

FiiO looks like they nailed DAPs really well with X5-3! Kinda like how their entire X5 lineup was amazing from start! 

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,194 of 15,897
Today I received my fiio x5 gen 3 and I find it sounds spectacular. Yes fiio x5 gen 2 was a detail dap. But it was not as full body as gen 3. I prefer gen 3 sound signature overall. Akm4490 was really something

Strictly from a sound perspective using X5ii coaxial out into a Schiit Modi Multibit, well amped sounds amazing. Not portable, obviously.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #2,196 of 15,897
Strictly from a sound perspective using X5ii coaxial out into a Schiit Modi Multibit, well amped sounds amazing. Not portable, obviously.

That's just using an X5II as a transport. Might as well have saved money and gotten an X3II to use as a transport. No difference except for the price. Saying how good someone else's DAC is is rather irrelevant.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,199 of 15,897

​Like me, you might be able to get it for £350 with the STAY10% code at advancedmp3players.co.uk and mine is expected in about a week.

I just pre-ordered mine with the code for £350 which I think is a great price compared to many other DAP's. I haven't had a DAP since 4th Gen iPod Nano! Recently been using my smartphone with a Dragonfly Red or Mojo. 

Its actually 7 years since I ordered from AMP3, a set of Shure SE535's. Never had an issue with them before.

I assume they are only selling the Black one from the photo.

Just ordered on impulse really, never had a Fiio before but the specs appeal to me. I hope its better than output from my S7 and no background hiss as I only use sensitive SE846's. Not expecting it to be as good as Mojo but hoping it will at least match a Dragonfly Red.

I will need to read all the thread now !!

Before I wade through the whole thread, couple of questions I'd like confirming from others with more knowledge:

1. It does have 2 microSD slots ?
  2. It plays DSD's (Native or DSD to PCM?)
  3. Will Spotify/Tidal be playable with offline content without Android upscaling?
  4. Will UAPP app work in bitperfect
  5. Anybody already mentioned no background hiss with SE846's ?
  6. Do inline controls of earphones work (play/pause etc.)

Thanks

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #2,203 of 15,897
That's just using an X5II as a transport. Might as well have saved money and gotten an X3II to use as a transport. No difference except for the price. Saying how good someone else's DAC is is rather irrelevant.

Yeah that's why I said said strictly based on sound. And you're right that application is using the FiiO as a transport which is what I use it for 75% of the time. I upgraded my X3ii to the X5ii because it has 2 microSD slots and because it sounds better than the X3ii when I use it as a portable on-the-go device the other 25% of the time. Terrific sounding and VERSATILE little sucker.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #2,204 of 15,897

1. It does have 2 microSD slots ?
    1. Yes.
  2. It plays DSD's (Native or DSD to PCM?)
    1. Yes, Native DSD.
  3. Will Spotify/Tidal be playable with offline content without Android upscaling?
    1. Yes it should be, though a patch is expected from Tidal (Spotify already released one).
  4. Will UAPP app work in bitperfect
    1. I don't believe this has been officially tested, but there shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work.
  5. Anybody already mentioned no background hiss with SE846's ?
    1. Some people have reported some hissing on the SE846's. As it has been mentioned before, I would recommend looking into something like the iFi IEMatch.
  6. Do inline controls of earphones work (play/pause etc.)
    1. Yes, TRRS standard. Will work in the same way as on an android phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back