Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Nov 14, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #15,766 of 15,897
I have a Fiio X5III, fw v1.2.5 and I can no longer open the Fiio Market app, but I don't know how to fix the problem because the error page is in Chinese. Is there a fix for this problem?
Sorry about that. We have reported to the engineer but this problem may not be solved.
You could download the Apk file to the computer first.

Then copy the apk file of the qualified app to the player, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 15, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #15,767 of 15,897
Sorry about that. We have reported to the engineer but this problem may not be solved.
You could download the Apk file to the computer first.

Then copy the apk file of the qualified app to the player, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.

Best regards
Thanks, where can I download the apk for the Fiio Market App?

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #15,770 of 15,897
I can't find it there, does it have a different name than Fiio Market app?
The app itself is broken. FiiO is trying to suggest you just download the apk of the app you want from apkpure (or elsewhere). You do not need FiiO market app.

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #15,772 of 15,897
Dear friend,

If the issue still remains, it may be a hardware issue with the decoder.
If you are using the Android version FiiO Music app, you could adjust the volume in the now playing page by sliding up from the right edge for help still.
And if you would like to repair the X5III, you could try to contact the seller or support@fiio.com for help.

Best regards
thx reply
Doesn't it solve the hardware issue with the decoder? It was broken by an update sometime ago

Nov 26, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #15,773 of 15,897
Hey @FiiO I can no longer enter Pure Music Mode - does nothing - any suggestions?? Have I accidentally removed the pure music player?? How can I fix this??

Thanks in Advance.

Edit - Sorted. Had a brain snap. I Just reinstalled the firmware.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #15,774 of 15,897
I saw comments that PowerAmp won't properly output full hi-res music, especially with the 2.5mm balanced jack? Is this still true?

Because I've already uninstalled the original player/Pure Music Mode since I saw other comments that it makes the whole device lag... oops

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #15,775 of 15,897
I saw comments that PowerAmp won't properly output full hi-res music, especially with the 2.5mm balanced jack? Is this still true?

Because I've already uninstalled the original player/Pure Music Mode since I saw other comments that it makes the whole device lag... oops
Replied in the custom kernel thread, but that issue was fixed in PowerAmp, all device outputs are now on par with one another.

I’ll hazard a guess and say that in order of severity, lag comes 1st from Google Play Store & Services, then probably FiiO Music, miscellaneous bloat apps, external storage format, unnecessary file tags and excessive embedded album art sizes.

Dec 12, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #15,776 of 15,897
Hello, I would like to update my Fioo X5lll to the Kernelmods 3.41 system. Till today the update was not successful. I‘am very new in the flash topic. May be one of you can give me a step by step guide for the Kernelmods update. Thanks in advance for your help,

Dec 12, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #15,777 of 15,897
Hello, I would like to update my Fioo X5lll to the Kernelmods 3.41 system. Till today the update was not successful. I‘am very new in the flash topic. May be one of you can give me a step by step guide for the Kernelmods update. Thanks in advance for your help,
Hi mate! Thanks for the interest in custom kernel. You can find a step-by-step here.
There's also an X5iii custom kernel topic here. But feel free to ask any trouble shooting questions in either topic :)

Dec 25, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #15,778 of 15,897
Has anyone had channel imbalance issues with the Fiio X5iii before? My right channel is louder than left on all apps, and it's different on 3.5mm and 2.5mm outputs.

On the 3.5mm output, roughly -0.05 on PowerAmp's channel balance "fixes" it, while on 2.5mm, it's around -0.30.

Dec 25, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #15,779 of 15,897
Has anyone had channel imbalance issues with the Fiio X5iii before? My right channel is louder than left on all apps, and it's different on 3.5mm and 2.5mm outputs.

On the 3.5mm output, roughly -0.05 on PowerAmp's channel balance "fixes" it, while on 2.5mm, it's around -0.30.
Not that I've noticed. But if .05 and .30 represent .05 and .3 decibels, I'm doubt I'd notice it. I definitely wouldn't notice a .05 db difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back