Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 31, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #15,781 of 15,897
Is there any way to run the latest version of Apple Music?

I cannot upgrade apple music... When I open latest apple music, It crushed.

I don't think it's a matter of specification.
So sorry my friend, but a 5 year old machine running Android 5.1 - I doubt the latest Apple Music would run ok on it.

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #15,782 of 15,897
Is there any way to run the latest version of Apple Music?

I cannot upgrade apple music... When I open latest apple music, It crushed.

I don't think it's a matter of specification.
I just installed version 3.8.0 from APKPure. Should be supported as minimum Android version required is 5. Even so, FiiO M11 did have an issue running Apple Music despite this (something about the Samsung Exynos chipset it did not like).

As soon as I clicked "continue" the app crashes. Could be because I don't have latest Google Play Store updates on the device (perhaps these are needed for security reasons and/or billing).
May also be similar situation to M11's CPU, just being unsupported.

I'm also going to bet the Apple Music service would not get around Android OS resampling content to 48kHz, either.

Attachments

• C26EBD3B-C838-4D41-B938-6B7FAAB19A36.jpeg
    C26EBD3B-C838-4D41-B938-6B7FAAB19A36.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 13, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #15,784 of 15,897
Hi recently i picked up pre owned x5 gen3, i got a problem with volume knob. When i spin the whele volume is jumping up and down. Is that coment in this unit or is just mine? Any solution to fix it ?
Dear friend,

Please try a factory for your player to see whether the issue remains? If yes, it may be a hardware issue with your player.
If you are using the Android version FiiO Music app, you could adjust the volume in the now playing page by sliding up from the right edge for help still.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 14, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #15,785 of 15,897
Hello, I had my Fiio X5 III stored in a drawer without using it and I decided to put the latest version of the jkbuha kernel V3.4-TWRP to give it a second chance. The kernel installed fine, but when I did a wipe, it seemed to do a thorough wipe, and removed the OS.
I have downloaded the latest update from the Fiio website and tried to flash it with TWRP but it gives me an error.
If you can help me I would appreciate it, thank you.

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #15,786 of 15,897
Hello, I had my Fiio X5 III stored in a drawer without using it and I decided to put the latest version of the jkbuha kernel V3.4-TWRP to give it a second chance. The kernel installed fine, but when I did a wipe, it seemed to do a thorough wipe, and removed the OS.
I have downloaded the latest update from the Fiio website and tried to flash it with TWRP but it gives me an error.
If you can help me I would appreciate it, thank you.
Use firmware upgrade tool and flash stock rom, going through steps of kernel installation afterwards.

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #15,787 of 15,897
Hi recently i picked up pre owned x5 gen3, i got a problem with volume knob. When i spin the whele volume is jumping up and down. Is that coment in this unit or is just mine? Any solution to fix it ?
High % isopropyl alcohol, cotton balls/swabs, and compressed air can will help. (Assuming it is not solved by doing factory data reset or reinstall of stock firmware)

Feb 14, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #15,788 of 15,897
Use firmware upgrade tool and flash stock rom, going through steps of kernel installation afterwards.
Thanks for replying, I don't really know what to do. I have followed the instructions indicated by fiio on their website:
"Method 2. Manual update via update zip file
a. Copy the zip update package provided by FiiO into the root directory of a micro SD card in TF card slot 1 of the X5 (or root directory of the X5III/X7MKII's internal storage). In the case of putting into the micro SD card, it is recommended to format the card to FAT32 or NTFS.
Note: The micro SD card with exFAT format is NOT suitable for upgrading the X5III.
b. With the SD card in the X5III/X7MKII , turn on the X5III/X7MKII in Android mode and select "Technical support"->”Firmware Update” ->Local Upgrade - > external_sd1 (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage) and select the zip update package. "
Since I can't access it, since the Fiio doesn't have an OS, I do it from TWRP - installation and select the zip from the microsd. It starts the installation but gives an error.
Excuse my clumsiness.

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #15,789 of 15,897
Hi everyone.

I have not been on here for ages as I have not used the X5III for some time, anyway, I charged it up and everything was working fine until I found the new Fiio Music App.

I downloaded and installed Fiio Music App 3.0.9 and now my X5III does not work.

The app will not load and it will not uninstall so I can downgrade.

I reinstalled 1.2.5 Firmware and still the music app will not load and despite what Fiio has said in the past you cannot uninstall updates and go back to older working versions as the option is greyed out.

Thanks Fiio you have killed my DAP.

Update:

I had to reinstall the 1.2.5 firmware 'twice', and reinstall music 3.0.9 'twice', then rescan when the app finally loaded.

I now have Music App 3.0.9 working with Firmware 1.2.5, but I have no idea how stable it is, it is now the default music app in both Pure and Android Mode and as I said earlier, there is no way to remove it in order to go back to an earlier version of the music app.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #15,790 of 15,897
Thanks for replying, I don't really know what to do. I have followed the instructions indicated by fiio on their website:
"Method 2. Manual update via update zip file
a. Copy the zip update package provided by FiiO into the root directory of a micro SD card in TF card slot 1 of the X5 (or root directory of the X5III/X7MKII's internal storage). In the case of putting into the micro SD card, it is recommended to format the card to FAT32 or NTFS.
Note: The micro SD card with exFAT format is NOT suitable for upgrading the X5III.
b. With the SD card in the X5III/X7MKII , turn on the X5III/X7MKII in Android mode and select "Technical support"->”Firmware Update” ->Local Upgrade - > external_sd1 (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage) and select the zip update package. "
Since I can't access it, since the Fiio doesn't have an OS, I do it from TWRP - installation and select the zip from the microsd. It starts the installation but gives an error.
Excuse my clumsiness.
Flashing firmware zips from TWRP is to be avoided, known to be buggy doing it that way.

See instructions from my signature -> https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...s-android-dual-card-slot.828402/post-14769688

Small note- exfat in general IS THE PREFERRED FORMAT for your SD cards when using custom kernel by jkbuha/prispewnic

Feb 14, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #15,791 of 15,897
Hi everyone.

I have not been on here for ages as I have not used the X5III for some time, anyway, I charged it up and everything was working fine until I found the new Fiio Music App.

I downloaded and installed Fiio Music App 3.0.9 and now my X5III does not work.

The app will not load and it will not uninstall so I can downgrade.

I reinstalled 1.2.5 Firmware and still the music app will not load and despite what Fiio has said in the past you cannot uninstall updates and go back to older working versions as the option is greyed out.

Thanks Fiio you have killed my DAP.

Update:

I had to reinstall the 1.2.5 firmware 'twice', and reinstall music 3.0.9 'twice', then rescan when the app finally loaded.

I now have Music App 3.0.9 working with Firmware 1.2.5, but I have no idea how stable it is, it is now the default music app in both Pure and Android Mode and as I said earlier, there is no way to remove it in order to go back to an earlier version of the music app.
If you use custom kernel, TWRP, root, etc removing FiiO music is a trivial task. Removing FiiO music and Pure Music Mode is one option in the custom kernel installer. (Pure Music mode is a facade anyways, it is still running Android and no sonic or performance benefits come from using it)

Feb 15, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #15,792 of 15,897
Mar 16, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #15,793 of 15,897
Hi, I just wanted to ask current X5 owners whether the player is stable if just playing music with the fiio music app (with latest firmware and music app version)? I have a chance to buy one sealed at a decent price so wanted to ask before going for it. My use case will be listening to my collection (mostly through folder browsing), and probably won't be using streaming apps on it.

Mar 16, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #15,794 of 15,897
Mine is perfectly stable with the latest fiio music app (3.0.9). I run the jkbuha custom kernel though (link here).

BTW, I discovered that efter installeing 3.0.9, the app's data and cache must be cleared, or the app would just hang (I've seen other report this, and some even did full firmware reinstalls, but I think only the data/cache needs to be cleared, and thus your library must be rescanned).

Mar 16, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #15,795 of 15,897
Mine is perfectly stable with the latest fiio music app (3.0.9). I run the jkbuha custom kernel though (link here).

BTW, I discovered that efter installeing 3.0.9, the app's data and cache must be cleared, or the app would just hang (I've seen other report this, and some even did full firmware reinstalls, but I think only the data/cache needs to be cleared, and thus your library must be rescanned).
Glad to hear that! Thanks for the link as well, gonna give it a read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back