FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 13, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #6,798 of 7,088
Dear friend,

Please send email to support@fiio.net about that. Thanks.

Best regards

Hello,

Thank you for the link.

I used the link and was given the instructions on ordering a new battery from Aliexpress which I followed.
However, it's been over a week and I haven't heard anything from you guys.
I have no idea on the status of the order or even if you got the payment.

I tried asking, twice, but I keep getting a strange reply back in Chinese.

Not sure what I should do.

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #6,799 of 7,088
Hello,

Thank you for the link.

I used the link and was given the instructions on ordering a new battery from Aliexpress which I followed.
However, it's been over a week and I haven't heard anything from you guys.
I have no idea on the status of the order or even if you got the payment.

I tried asking, twice, but I keep getting a strange reply back in Chinese.

Not sure what I should do.
Dear friend,

My colleague in charge of your email asked for leave in recent few days. She is back to work now and has arranged the shipment for your battery.
You could check the tracking number from Aliexpress now. Our email system got wrong yesterday so you may receive the email about our box being full if you just sent the email yesterday. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 14, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #6,800 of 7,088
Dear friend,

My colleague in charge of your email asked for leave in recent few days. She is back to work now and has arranged the shipment for your battery.
You could check the tracking number from Aliexpress now. Our email system got wrong yesterday so you may receive the email about our box being full if you just sent the email yesterday. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I finally got a E-mail from Aliexpress yesterday confirming the item had been shipped.
It came after my inquiry here.
Cheers.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #6,801 of 7,088
Well it's been almost a month since I paid for the replacement battery yet nothing has arrived.

Around 3 weeks ago I got an E-mail from a Chris Lee saying the first shipment was unsuccessful and that I have a new shipment and tracking number.
What's going on?
I just contacted Customer Service again.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #6,802 of 7,088
Well it's been almost a month since I paid for the replacement battery yet nothing has arrived.

Around 3 weeks ago I got an E-mail from a Chris Lee saying the first shipment was unsuccessful and that I have a new shipment and tracking number.
What's going on?
I just contacted Customer Service again.

That's disgraceful customer service!

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #6,803 of 7,088
A great match for the Fiio X5II is the sennheiser amperior. I did not try the HD25 but it would probably pair great too.

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #6,804 of 7,088
A great match for the Fiio X5II is the sennheiser amperior. I did not try the HD25 but it would probably pair great too.

Also Sennheiser IE800. I have used that combo for years :)

You're kinda reminding me that I am missing the good old X5mkii, kinda sad it is impossible to find any new unit in Romaniua now :)

Jul 18, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #6,806 of 7,088
Dear friend,

Best regards

Hello, I inquired about my missing battery and got the reply that it's been rejected at the Canada border for the second time.
I keep replying that rechargeable batteries MUST be listed as dangerous goods but I keep getting no reply that this information has even be acknowledged.
I even sent a link to our Canada Customs page describing how to Import/Export these batteries.

This is getting unbelievably frustrating and my next inquiry will be what exactly is the battery so I can use some other seller.
I have no faith in their 3rd attempt.

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #6,807 of 7,088
Well to my surprise third time was the charm.
The battery arrived weeks ago...cheers :)

However, right now I'm having trouble installing the DAC driver on my laptop running Windows 10. (it's always something:))
Will the latest DAC driver (4.13.0) work with the older 1.2 VTX firmware?
I can't remember how I did it before

I've tried restarting my Windows 10 with the driver protection off yet the X5ii isn't showing up after completion.
The Fiio control Panel says "no device found"

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #6,809 of 7,088

However, right now I'm having trouble installing the DAC driver on my laptop running Windows 10. (it's always something:))

I've tried restarting my Windows 10 with the driver protection off yet the X5ii isn't showing up after completion.

Yay! Maybe there is hope if I want to get a battery for my X3. A few posts back you mentioned a link to the Canada Customs procedure for importing batteries. Do you mind posting that?

IIRC the newest Fiio drivers should be signed and install without any issues. I don't remember having to do anything special to get them installed on my system. I also think the latest version of W10 "should" have USB2 audio support baked in and you shouldn't actually need drivers (I could never to get it working though - Win 10 should be purged from the earth IMO)

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #6,810 of 7,088

Have you disabled UAC entirely? I vaguely remember this being an important step. I've no driver signature thingy to install new drivers, maybe this could help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back