FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Aug 5, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #5,551 of 7,088
  I want that Silicon Case
frown.gif

angry_face.gif

Me too!

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #5,555 of 7,088
Hi shootertwist,

X5II supports fast search by the first letter of the song name. you can enable this function by long pressing the menu button while in a song list page.

Holy crap this is what I was looking for you just saved me from scrolling. Is there any more tips like this?

Aug 5, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #5,558 of 7,088
Yes, we can add any version we want including going back.

As well as any of the custom themes that have been created. I need to update the thread as there are some new themes found in the last few pages.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771221/fiio-x5-ii-custom-themes-thread#post_11680988

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #5,562 of 7,088
I realize that the firmware is done, but these are the things I'd love to see if a version 2.2 is released for the X5ii:

1. Change the song title's text from red to white (on Now Playing)
  2. Option to increase the font size
  3. Add an option to browse by Album Artist (rather than Song Artist)
  4. Add an option to ignore "The" in artist names, when sorting
  5. Show the Artists when I browse by Genre, and add a "Play All Songs"
  6. Long press on the center button means "Play All" if I'm current highlighting an Artist, Album or Genre
  7. Long press on the center button unlocks the display, if it's locked   (it's already there!)

Otherwise, the X5ii is perfect. I can live with the 2-3 second delay when bringing up large lists. Nice job, Fiio.

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #5,563 of 7,088
  Why is the song's title red on the "Now Playing" screen? It's very hard to read. And it makes me think there's something wrong with my file (that's usually what red indicates). 

I realize that the firmware is done, but these are the things I'd love to see if a version 2.2 is released for the X5ii:

1. Change the song title's text from red to white (on Now Playing)
  2. Option to increase the font size
  3. Add an option to browse by Album Artist (rather than Song Artist)
  4. Add an option to ignore "The" in artist names, when sorting
  5. Show the Artists when I browse by Genre, and add a "Play All Songs"
  6. Long press on the center button means "Play All" if I'm current highlighting an Artist, Album or Genre
  7. Long press on the center button unlocks the display, if it's locked

Otherwise, the X5ii is perfect. I can live with the 2-3 second delay when bringing up large lists. Nice job, Fiio.

The color for title right now is okay-ish, though it can be changed, check out custom UIs! 

Font size I think was changed by some people, check out custom UIs!

Album artist and song artist is an old debate, you can change the tags using mp3tag, otherwise, it's a bit unclear (to me?) why these two are different in the first place 
biggrin.gif

That "the" is part of the tag files, a fast check with mp3tag would solve the problem fast.+ many bands have that "the" on purpose XD. I would never want the tag checker to ignore "the" in the band name. Especially as some bands are "the offspring" while some are just band's name like Nirvana. (I think most of us know the music we listen to so well...). You can also browse by file name, and then it should not be a problem, folder names can be anything you want, fast and easy. 

Long press of center button is fast seek, this was asked by us a while ago, it's better than anything else.

That thing with unlocking display, maybe would be cool 
biggrin.gif
. Never felt like wanting another option to unlock display since owning the first X5.  

Seriously though, check out custom UIs, done by our great community! 

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #5,564 of 7,088

• Change the song title's text from red to white (on Now Playing)
  • Option to increase the font size
  • Add an option to browse by Album Artist (rather than Song Artist)
  • Add an option to ignore "The" in artist names, when sorting
  • Show the Artists when I browse by Genre, and add a "Play All Songs"
  • Long press on the center button means "Play All" if I'm current highlighting an Artist, Album or Genre
  • Long press on the center button unlocks the display, if it's locked

w

Also additional Custom EQ's that you can change from "Custom" to whatever you want, like HD650. In other words personalized EQ's for each of your headphones. Or is this already possible and I'm just behind the times?

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #5,565 of 7,088

Album artist and song artist is an old debate, you can change the tags using mp3tag, otherwise, it's a bit unclear (to me?) why these two are different in the first place 
biggrin.gif

That "the" is part of the tag files, a fast check with mp3tag would solve the problem fast.+ many bands have that "the" on purpose XD. I would never want the tag checker to ignore "the" in the band name. Especially as some bands are "the offspring" while some are just band's name like Nirvana. (I think most of us know the music we listen to so well...). You can also browse by file name, and then it should not be a problem, folder names can be anything you want, fast and easy. 

Thanks George, I'll definitely check out the custom UIs - I have the thread bookmarked. 

The main situation where Song Artist and Album Artist are different is for Compilation albums (i.e. "Various Artists"). For example, I have the entire collection of Rhino's "Soul Hits of the 70's - Didn't it Blow Your Mind?". Great collection, but it has as many "song artists" there as I have "album artists" in the rest of my collection. So I want those hidden. Right now, I'm working around this buy putting all my Compilations on SD2, and not pulling that metadata into the X5ii. It's not too bad. 

My  issue with "The" is really minor. I have my folders set up by Genre, wouldn't want to change that. 

Long press of center button is fast seek, this was asked by us a while ago, it's better than anything else.

Okay, this is funny...if the unit is locked, it already does exactly what I asked for....I should have checked first! Everywhere else, it brings up the volume control, which I like.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back