FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Mar 14, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #4,966 of 7,088
I am curious if there have been any news on X3-third gen or X5 third gen by now? 
biggrin.gif

X7 seems to be all the rage for everybody, but I still use an X5II due to better treble.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #4,968 of 7,088
  The scroll wheel on my X5 II is getting jumpy; it's harder to control and bounces around more.  Anyone else having this problem?

You can send it to Fiio, as I remember, they have great customer service and will fix it for you, if you cover the shipping fees. 

Or you can get it from where you bought and see if they want to change or send it to repairs, if you still have warranty. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #4,969 of 7,088
I purchased a X5ii last year. I wasn't unhappy with it, but I wasn't blown away with it. I always longed for a Sony ZX2, which I eventually bought from Amazon ( lightning deals...very good saving ! ) I love the ZX2 !
I purchased some Oppo PM3's four days ago & I tried with the X5ii ( after a good 3 days, with the ZX2. ) and I feel very different ( & happy ! ) with the X5ii. I now have 2 DAP's i'm happy with......and an excellent set of headphones !

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #4,970 of 7,088
I have a question for you guys who upgraded from X5 (Gen.1) to X5ii..

This is my current portable set-up:

X5 (Gen.1) line out -> Aune B1 -> HE-560, HE-400i, MEE P1, R2A or VE monk.

Am I going to notice a sizable jump in SQ if I change out X5i to X5ii?
or what if I take out the B1 and substitute Chord mojo into a stack (use existing X5 as a transport)?

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #4,971 of 7,088
I have a question for you guys who upgraded from X5 (Gen.1) to X5ii..

This is my current portable set-up:

X5 (Gen.1) line out -> Aune B1 -> HE-560, HE-400i, MEE P1, R2A or VE monk.

Am I going to notice a sizable jump in SQ if I change out X5i to X5ii?
or what if I take out the B1 and substitute Chord mojo into a stack (use existing X5 as a transport)?

Option A, no.

Option B, yes. Absolutely.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #4,972 of 7,088
I've been using the Fiio X5 2nd gen since October of 2015. I have been involved in Hi Rez audio for about 10 years for my home audio system.

Having just gotten a pair of Future Sonics G10 to use with my I phone 6.  I was so pleased with the improved sonic performance of the head set that I started to search for a device that could improve the sound even more.  That's when I stumbled on to head-fi.  After reading several of the reviews for DAP the Fiio X5 2nd gen seemed to offer the best value for the money.  So as they say "you pay your money and you take your chances " .  Got the player, loaded up some tunes, and never looked back. The Fiio X5 2nd Gen paired with the G10 IEM's gives me the perfect sonic traveling companion. I can get over 10 hours between charges and easily recharge with a small USB charger USB port in either the plane or rental car.  With two micro card slots the music capacity is really unlimited.

The sound is lovely, amplification clean clear and very dark in silence. 

I have read some comments on the UI being difficult but really I find is simple and intuitive.  One must read the manual and play with it some but we have to remember that you are running a computer.  I love drooping the tone arm on the record its so easy, but very hard to carry with you.

So far considering the build quality, performance, and value.  the Fiio 5X 2nd gen is worth serious consideration.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #4,973 of 7,088
  I've been using the Fiio X5 2nd gen since October of 2015. I have been involved in Hi Rez audio for about 10 years for my home audio system.

Having just gotten a pair of Future Sonics G10 to use with my I phone 6.  I was so pleased with the improved sonic performance of the head set that I started to search for a device that could improve the sound even more.  That's when I stumbled on to head-fi.  After reading several of the reviews for DAP the Fiio X5 2nd gen seemed to offer the best value for the money.  So as they say "you pay your money and you take your chances " .  Got the player, loaded up some tunes, and never looked back. The Fiio X5 2nd Gen paired with the G10 IEM's gives me the perfect sonic traveling companion. I can get over 10 hours between charges and easily recharge with a small USB charger USB port in either the plane or rental car.  With two micro card slots the music capacity is really unlimited.

The sound is lovely, amplification clean clear and very dark in silence. 

I have read some comments on the UI being difficult but really I find is simple and intuitive.  One must read the manual and play with it some but we have to remember that you are running a computer.  I love drooping the tone arm on the record its so easy, but very hard to carry with you.

So far considering the build quality, performance, and value.  the Fiio 5X 2nd gen is worth serious consideration.

Now, the last thing you need to is read more, because the hole in your pockets is only going to grow 
very_evil_smiley.gif
. There is an X7 already, and it's sound an operations are amazing really.

Eelcome to head-fi, and I have fun here!

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #4,974 of 7,088
I also have the wheel freezing up. I'm already working with fiio to ship it back but this looks like a pain from the US to China. If the player would work fully without the wheel I would not get it fixed.
The only thing you really need it for is the settings. It would be nice if they could fix this with the firmware are if anyone knows if you can control the settings without the wheel let me know.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #4,975 of 7,088
I also have the wheel freezing up. I'm already working with fiio to ship it back but this looks like a pain from the US to China. If the player would work fully without the wheel I would not get it fixed.
The only thing you really need it for is the settings. It would be nice if they could fix this with the firmware are if anyone knows if you can control the settings without the wheel let me know.

Make sure you follow all shipping instructions given by support@fiio, especially regarding whom the recipient should be and how to declare the package. :xf_eek:

If you bought the X5 2nd from a local seller / e-tailer, you may also ask them or their FiiO distributor if they could take the player back to us on your behalf. That may be cheaper and easier for you, although taking considerably longer.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 17, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #4,976 of 7,088

Are you running the latest firmware? Updating to latest firmware solved my scroll wheel issues.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #4,977 of 7,088

Now, the last thing you need to is read more, because the hole in your pockets is only going to grow 
very_evil_smiley.gif
. There is an X7 already, and it's sound an operations are amazing really.

Eelcome to head-fi, and I have fun here!

Thanks for the welcome.  I know only too well just how much trouble reading can get you into.  Look I'm here!   Wallet smaller by the day
beyersmile.png
  Have you had opportunity to use the X7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back