FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Nov 8, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #4,081 of 7,088
I just got a Dignis brown leather case for my X5ii.

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from it; I just wanted a case that protected a bit more than the default plastic bumper. While the bumper looks nice, I noticed that a few minute little dents in the aluminum have surfaced from "mishaps" that I don't even recall. It's like they just started appearing out of daily wear from minor bumps that I didn't notice. The dignis case seems to provide a much more protective fit where only the top of the device is uncovered.

I decided on the brown color over the black color as well, because I felt that I should liven things up more from the ever so common black. The aesthetic is quite pleasing to the eye in my opinion. Also, one of the main factors that the case provides is not protection but feel. The texture of the soft leather is quite an improvement from a cheap feeling plastic or a slippery aluminum.

Anyways, here's some pics:

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #4,082 of 7,088

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from it; I just wanted a case that protected a bit more than the default plastic bumper. While the bumper looks nice, I noticed that a few minute little dents in the aluminum have surfaced from "mishaps" that I don't even recall. It's like they just started appearing out of daily wear from minor bumps that I didn't notice. The dignis case seems to provide a much more protective fit where only the top of the device is uncovered.

I decided on the brown color over the black color as well, because I felt that I should liven things up more from the ever so common black. The aesthetic is quite pleasing to the eye in my opinion. Also, one of the main factors that the case provides is not protection but feel. The texture of the soft leather is quite an improvement from a cheap feeling plastic or a slippery aluminum.

It looks very nice!

If it would have been available in Romania, I would really had jumped on one of these 
biggrin.gif

That and if it would had been cheaper

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #4,084 of 7,088
128gb, that's 300+ lossless CDs, how much choice do you need? Or are you going on a round the world trip? :)

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #4,085 of 7,088
Hi

Sorry if this has been covered before but are there any plans to be able to use cards larger than 128gb?

Regards

Darren

Yes. The current largest micro SD card is 200gb and it's been reported to work with the X5ii. When larger cards are available I imagine they will work just as well. The 'support' for 128gb marketing is just what they've tested to work at FiiO, but like I said the current 200gb works and larger cards should work when they become available.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #4,086 of 7,088

Looks good! I'm still waiting for my Dignis case, it's stuck in customs.
mad.gif

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #4,087 of 7,088
Yes. The current largest micro SD card is 200gb and it's been reported to work with the X5ii. When larger cards are available I imagine they will work just as well. The 'support' for 128gb marketing is just what they've tested to work at FiiO, but like I said the current 200gb works and larger cards should work when they become available.

Thanks for the answer. Makes sense I suppose. Thought it might take a firmware update. Might try a 200gb. Might!

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #4,088 of 7,088

Looks good! I'm still waiting for my Dignis case, it's stuck in customs.
mad.gif

Got the exact same case and can recommend it. Much better than the Fiio leather case I got for my X3 Gen1

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #4,089 of 7,088
Got a bit of a strange one here.
Ive added 4 albums to my X5 2 but where I use artist or album only one song on each shows up. When I choose browse files all the song's are there.
I've never had this before and ive deleted, re added and updated media library a few times but still no good.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #4,090 of 7,088
Got new Fiio X2 2nd Gen. Used it for few days. But did not feel the clarity is much different or better to my Razer Blade 15. But the amp section of Fiio X5 did better job than my RB. Fiio was able to drive my HD650 almost 30% louder compared to RB with out issues.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #4,092 of 7,088
Nov 9, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #4,093 of 7,088
  Got the exact same case and can recommend it. Much better than the Fiio leather case I got for my X3 Gen1

I actually have a Dignis case I got for my X3ii so I know they are quality cases. I never had one but I heard the FiiO cases weren't so good. I think they should have stuck with the silicone cases..the plastic ones don't protect very well.

The Dignis case came today...finally! Very nice case! I got it in black...it just looks best to me. Funny thing is I thought the plastic case on the X5ii was just a bumper and didn't have a protective back so I've been handling it very carefully thinking I might ding the back of the X5ii but it had a back....Oh well I have a good case now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back