FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jul 1, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #2,192 of 7,088
I heard that they measure the DAP at max volume, because they follows AES17 standard.

That would be an explanation for the bad values, even an excuse in some way. Some players limit the gain to a point that makes clipping impossible (e.g. the Sansas). But still the channel imbalance is most likely not just there at maximum volume.

Neverthess, I have a hard time understanding the «AES17 standard» if it really prescribes measurings at maximum settings. You will get inappropriate and useless measuring results by doing so.

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #2,196 of 7,088
I received a newsletter email from Audiogarden, Enjoy!

Audiogarden.fr    offers -10% on the new 2nd Gen Fiio X3 and X5  
CODE : MOINS10FIIO      + free shippin (EU I think)

If I remember correctly, the X5ii was to be sold at the same price as the X5 originally, I think I had paid 350eur from Audiogarden with the pre-order back then.
They list the X5ii at 379eur, but with the promo code it goes down to 341eur.

edit: it seems to be a 24hour promo only

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #2,197 of 7,088
i have this leef card reader: http://www.amazon.com/Leef-microSD-microUSB-Connector-Android/dp/B00J2D7R20

it works flawlessly on my X5II with ZERO problems. i used a 128GB stick in it to give me a total of 384GB of total space in my new toy. all i had to do was format it like i always do, using gParted in linux (or just use the player) in fat32 format, then i loaded it up with music, then popped it into the player, and selected OTG from the menu choices of TF1, TF2, or OTG. "it just worked" the first time, and every other time since. no magic dust. im on firmware 1.0 and its from the first production batch. im a first day purchaser from miccastores. this is an amazing item btw, pick up a leef. it comes in handy with phones, tablets, and now my X5II!!! (i dont work for them btw, they just make a really useful product!)

i think the problem may lie with the device you are trying to use as a source. your phone/tablet may not allow OTG, or it could be the cable you are using, this tool i linked to works for sure 100%.

Sounds terrific so I checked the link and thought sure for $12 why not, but then realized I needed to purchase through the Canadian Amazon site. Gee, what a deal...only $43!!

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #2,198 of 7,088
So I got my X5 2 today and have loaded it up with songs.
Im really impressed and can hear new things in song's I've heard hundreds of times eg different guitar and piano parts.
The only thing that is a bit annoying is adding song's (not that this is a surprise).
I've put some smashing pumpkins on and all apart from one are under 'the smashing pumpkins' and another artist album comes up unknown.
Is there an easy fix or do I need to download some software?
Going to take my one year old son out for lots of walks tomorrow so I can give the x5 a bit of quality time :-D

great choice! if you have the Judas 0 bonus disc from the greatest hits album, listen to "Rock On". Jimmy's drums sound amazing! those hi-hat rolls are really cool, and james' whammying w/reverb and delay fills out the room.

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #2,200 of 7,088
Funny you should ask...

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Dual-layered-Hard-Carrying-Case/dp/B00KPYMOL4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435787570&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+case

I haven't used it, personally. So take my "recommendation" with a grain of salt. It sure looks like the perfect option for such a device. :D

Others here have used it, and I've heard them say good things.

Currently I'm using a camera bag, which I store inside my messenger bag.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039BPG1A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Jul 1, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #2,201 of 7,088
Hi,

After using my X5 II for a few days, I noticed something weird with charging, I am wondering if other users see the same behavior.

I have charged my x5 ii twice so far. The first time, when I unboxed it, the second time with a fully drained battery. When charging up my X5 II, is it normal for it to be powered off when charging cycle is complete? The power light turns red when charging, green when complete, but my X5 II is powered off and must be booted up at the end of the charge cycle.

Thanks,

Shannon

Jul 1, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #2,202 of 7,088
A strange thing I've noticed this morning is occasionally when the screen is black and there's a song playing I'll go to turn the volume up or down and it'll go forward or back a song instead.
Random.

Jul 1, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #2,203 of 7,088
A strange thing I've noticed this morning is occasionally when the screen is black and there's a song playing I'll go to turn the volume up or down and it'll go forward or back a song instead.
Random.

As designed.  If you hold the volume up or down when the screen is off it does that.  Just press the volume button multiple times if you need to significantly change the volume.

Jul 1, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #2,204 of 7,088
Random.

Long press of the volume buttons skip forward/back and a short press changes volume.

Edit: Oops, too slow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back