FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 19, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #1,623 of 7,088
  it take more time to Europe. just wait couple days. 

James, please can you speak up for a direct link to the equalizer from the «now playing» screen in the next firmware update!? Also valid for the X3 II.

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,624 of 7,088
My review (Head-Fi) now posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap/reviews/13400

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #1,625 of 7,088

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #1,627 of 7,088
I've been loving the Fiio evolution of players. Had the original X3 and thought the button layout was atrocious so had to scrap that one...got the X1 after that and the X3II after that and each one gets progressively better.  Definitely am interested in hearing the X5II now...so I guess I'll buy one.  LOL.  Miccastore it is.

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,628 of 7,088
Hello guys, I'm planing to get the X5ii as soon as is available in the US! For now I just bought a 128GB micro SD card and I wonder if the default format "exFAT" is the best format for X5ii? so I can start loading music to it, Thanks!

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,629 of 7,088
FAT32 is best. That is what the device will format it as.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,630 of 7,088
  Hello guys, I'm planing to get the X5ii as soon as is available in the US! For now I just bought a 128GB micro SD card and I wonder if the default format "exFAT" is the best format for X5ii? so I can start loading music to it, Thanks!

FAT32 is best. That is what the device will format it as.

Agree on Fat32. Also advise you wait until the X5ii arrives and format it using the device itself to ensure you don't have compatibility issues with the card... unless youhave another Fiio product lying around you can format with now in preparation for delivery.

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,632 of 7,088
When my X3II came in I just took the SD card from my phone. It was formatted in exFAT. The X3 was able to play the FLAC files on there, but when I tried to flash the firmware, it said wrong format. So I had the X3 format it in FAT32. Everything worked right after that.

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,633 of 7,088
I hope that I will be able to get to listen (and maybe to buy) one after 2 weeks. I first need to sell my X5. Any Romanians lurking interested?
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #1,634 of 7,088
Alright FiiO fans, the tour has been fun, but it is over for me now with the X5ii shipping out today to the next participant. The link to my review is below, comparing the iPhone 6, X5, DX90, X5ii, and AK100ii as well as various HP pairings. There is even a naked beauty contest between the contestants for your viewing pleasure so be warned when you open the review in public.
wink_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap/reviews/13401

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,635 of 7,088
Alright FiiO fans, the tour has been fun, but it is over for me now with the X5ii shipping out today to the next participant. The link to my review is below, comparing the iPhone 6, X5, DX90, X5ii, and AK100ii as well as various HP pairings. There is even a [COLOR=B22222]naked beauty contest[/COLOR] between the contestants for your viewing pleasure so be warned when you open the review in public. :wink_face:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap/reviews/13401

Nice review, Barra! I honestly haven't read other X5ii reviews. Partly because I didn't want to bias myself before writing my own review and then because I knew it was a great DAP and didn't want others' glowing reviews to fuel my gadget lust :wink_face:

Sounds like we have a lot of the same thoughts on the X5, X5ii, and DX90 Barra. While I find the X5's warmer, more intimate sound sig synergizes well with a lot of my music (mostly electronic and metal), I could see others preferring the X5ii's more neutral sound signature.

I do have DX90 in my possession and when listening to the last firmware, I preferred the X5 and X5ii. The latest DX90 firmware made it a bit less v-shaped and I'm listening to it more. However, the DX90's touchscreen UI and poor battery life leave a lot to be desired IMHO. Either X5 really pull ahead in these areas!

As far as blindly controlling the X5ii, it's basically the same as the other scroll wheel Fiio DAPs - just change the Lock Screen option. I think I pointed out in my review that I found the Lock Screen 3 option (all buttons enabled) fairly useless with the original X5 because the large X-buttons would get accidentally pressed often in my pockets. The X5ii solves this with recessed buttons - big thumbs-up!

Cheers :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back