FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jan 15, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #4,651 of 7,088
  OMG!!!

I just downloaded Relics themes and they are BEYOND great!
These are so professional looking, Relic, I hope Fiio is paying you.
Do they even know of your workÉ (does anyone know how to get my question mark backÉ)

You've brought a lot of class to this great sounding player
(I own a McIntosh Amp & Preamp :))

Thank you!

btw Is the first one Steam PunkÉ

On windows, near clock, right bottom corner, there is an EN or what languace you use button. Press that and try to select US keyboard, or what keyboard you use. You could had accidentally selected another languace. 

About custom UIs, there are a lot that are great, and from what I understood, Fiio is really happy that people took the time to develop them.

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #4,652 of 7,088

OMG!!!

I just downloaded Relics themes and they are BEYOND great!
These are so professional looking, Relic, I hope Fiio is paying you.
Do they even know of your workÉ (does anyone know how to get my question mark backÉ)

You've brought a lot of class to this great sounding player
(I own a McIntosh Amp & Preamp :))

Thank you!

btw Is the first one Steam PunkÉ

On windows, near clock, right bottom corner, there is an EN or what languace you use button. Press that and try to select US keyboard, or what keyboard you use. You could had accidentally selected another languace. 

About custom UIs, there are a lot that are great, and from what I understood, Fiio is really happy that people took the time to develop them.

Cheers!
I just corrected it right before your reply.
Holding down the upper case button then pressing the ctrl did it.
How did we live before the internet?

Is there any other site with themes posted?
Edit~OK I just read some more of the other thread and Asian Invasion's work is great too...very elegant.
I love this place. :)

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #4,653 of 7,088
Thanks Koukol! Yes, AsianInvasion's themes are great too!

:beerchug:

The original X5 has much more themes to choose from and I actually feel a little sad the X5ii wasn't developed as much. It's great having five themes on one device.

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #4,654 of 7,088
Slight issue, just got my X5ii and want to update fw.
So I used a old 8GB card which is formatted in fat32 however it says not compatible.
So I formatted it through the X5ii and but now Windows 10 cant mount the sdcard!

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #4,655 of 7,088
Slight issue, just got my X5ii and want to update fw.
So I used a old 8GB card which is formatted in fat32 however it says not compatible.
So I formatted it through the X5ii and but now Windows 10 cant mount the sdcard!

I'm not exactly sure this will help but another user in the X3ii thread (I believe) ran in to a similar issue and the fix was to enable USB legacy in Windows 10, or something like that. I don't have Windows 10 so I can't be of any more help.

Edit: Found the post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote/6870#post_12238153

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #4,656 of 7,088
I'm not exactly sure this will help but another user in the X3ii thread (I believe) ran in to a similar issue and the fix was to enable USB legacy in Windows 10, or something like that. I don't have Windows 10 so I can't be of any more help.

Edit: Found the post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote/6870#post_12238153

Thanks. 
Issue was the card and reader.
Used USB adapter and had to low level format the card.
:)

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #4,658 of 7,088
One more question, if you switch on Sleep mode after 10 mins is it normal for the player to power off even when playing a track?

Seems like you are getting Idle Standby (deep sleep) confused with Sleep.

- Idle Standby: Enter 'deep sleep' mode when there is no activity after the set time.

- Sleep: Turn off the player no matter if music is playing or not after the set time.

Jan 16, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #4,662 of 7,088
  Does anyone know how to install the DAC Driver for Windows 10?
It keeps failing on me.

Exactly like windows 8. 

Before simply installing, click shift + click on restart restart -> advanced -> boot options -> disable secured something, it is key f7  or just 7 if I remember well -> then plug X5II and start installer, with X5II set on DAC mode. 

Jan 16, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #4,664 of 7,088
My X5 ii been shipped today.
Should have it by Monday.

Will first update to beta fw to test search feature so I wont have to put my files in Alphabetical folders.

I assume X5 ii supports exfat for music files?

I was using exfat with no issues on a 64Gb card (Sandisk Evo level 10) until I loaded the 192/24 Star Wars trilogy soundtrack. Stuttered all the way.

I've learned my lessons so back to formatting cards through the Fiio unit directly. Everything works stutter free now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back