FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #4,006 of 7,088
Thanks for the prompt reply. My wife loves your Analogue theme so much that she doesn't agree to trade it for better scroll wheel functioning. She asks if you plan to make this update?

Thank your wife for the compliment from me! :D

I'll wait just a little bit as its a beta FW so I want to see what error reports come in. The X5 Classic beta FW update broke the screen timeout function.

:beerchug:

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #4,009 of 7,088
  Anyone updated and managed to come back to normal (non beta)?

I would post my custom UIs with the new beta, but on classic, it seems that it is impossible to go back to the non beta firmware. 

I just got my X5ii this week so I kept fw 1.1 on it for a couple days before trying the new beta fw and the wheel felt pretty good with fw 1.1 but it's quite a bit more accurate with 1.11 so I wont be going back.

Nov 1, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #4,012 of 7,088
  Anyone know if Fiio X5ii 3.55mm to rca coaxial cable adapters can be purchased on their own?
I think I need I replacement. I emailed  Fiio to inquire but no response yet.
thanks

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FiiO-3-5mm-to-coaxial-S-PDIF-adapter-converter-for-X3-2st-gen-X5-2st-gen/1473108_32420816769.html

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #4,013 of 7,088
I can't wait for them to put up a full firmware, non beta, so that it would be worth the time taken to re-do my mods to the theme!

Maybe I will even go all out and do a new UI with this ocasion!
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #4,015 of 7,088
Hello all, I have been dipping into this thread whenever possible.....trying to read up before I purchase......thought that was going to be at Christmas, but lo....should be here on Monday. I want to ask for a tutorial summary from the group if possible. If I get no reply or if I get a 'read the thread', I'll totally understand. But....if I were to get a reply, it would be concerning these items:

Basically, what should a new purchaser do first? 

1) For Wife Acceptance Factor - I purchased only one decent 128GB Sandisk micro sd card - will it work fine with only one card in it? 

2) I'm fuzzy on the formatting of that card - do it in the device or do it on the computer first - I have a MacBook Air and access to a PC. Most of the loading of music hopefully will be done with the card in my Air directly. 

3) What about Firmware - I have seen a lot of posts about Firmware updates (including the ones just previous to this post) and about custom themes and such. Is there someone willing to summarize these for a neophyte? 

4) Anything else one should know? I have seen some comments about protective cases and such...not sure what is the best things to look for in this area. 

I'm hoping to get my 64Audio CIEMs very soon, and I believe this FiiO X5ii will be an amazing DAP mated with these ear phones. 

Jason

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #4,016 of 7,088
Hello all, I have been dipping into this thread whenever possible.....trying to read up before I purchase......thought that was going to be at Christmas, but lo....should be here on Monday. I want to ask for a tutorial summary from the group if possible. If I get no reply or if I get a 'read the thread', I'll totally understand. But....if I were to get a reply, it would be concerning these items:

Basically, what should a new purchaser do first? 

1) For Wife Acceptance Factor - I purchased only one decent 128GB Sandisk micro sd card - will it work fine with only one card in it? 

2) I'm fuzzy on the formatting of that card - do it in the device or do it on the computer first - I have a MacBook Air and access to a PC. Most of the loading of music hopefully will be done with the card in my Air directly. 

3) What about Firmware - I have seen a lot of posts about Firmware updates (including the ones just previous to this post) and about custom themes and such. Is there someone willing to summarize these for a neophyte? 

4) Anything else one should know? I have seen some comments about protective cases and such...not sure what is the best things to look for in this area. 

I'm hoping to get my 64Audio CIEMs very soon, and I believe this FiiO X5ii will be an amazing DAP mated with these ear phones. 

Jason

1) Yes, just insert it in slot one so you can use it to update FW if needed.

2) Insert card to slot 1 and navigate to System Settings scroll to Format and select the card to format. Using the device format tool is best and highly recommended to avoid format issues. So, format with the X5ii first and for faster transfer speed remove the card and load music in your Air.

3) you can see the links to official FW as well as custom themes in that thread. I haven't linked the beta FW 1.11b yet. To get an idea of the themes look at the threads gallery view of the pictures. Or better yet, try them out..... There's only two theme packs at the moment.

4) Look for the Dignis case. Highly recommend.
http://www.amazon.com/Dignis-Leather-Case-X5-Generation/dp/B00ONK6WDM

Next time read the thread. :tongue_smile:

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #4,017 of 7,088
1) Yes, just insert it in slot one so you can use it to update FW if needed.

2) Insert card to slot 1 and navigate to System Settings scroll to Format and select the card to format. Using the device format tool is best and highly recommended to avoid format issues. So, format with the X5ii first and for faster transfer speed remove the card and load music in your Air.

3) you can see the links to official FW as well as custom themes in that thread. I haven't linked the beta FW 1.11b yet. To get an idea of the themes look at the threads gallery view of the pictures. Or better yet, try them out..... There's only two theme packs at the moment.

4) Look for the Dignis case. Highly recommend.
http://www.amazon.com/Dignis-Leather-Case-X5-Generation/dp/B00ONK6WDM

Next time read the thread.
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks Relic! That is extremely helpful! I'm slowly marching through it, but with travel, etc...excuses abound.... You have helped to get me on the right path quickly, and that is much appreciated. 

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #4,018 of 7,088
Thanks Relic! That is extremely helpful! I'm slowly marching through it, but with travel, etc...excuses abound.... You have helped to get me on the right path quickly, and that is much appreciated. 

No worries! You know I was just kidding with my last comment! Enjoy.

:beerchug:

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #4,019 of 7,088

No worries! You know I was just kidding with my last comment! Enjoy.

beerchug.gif

bigsmile_face.gif
This is such a great community! And....I just ordered that case 
wink_face.gif
 Thank you for the recommendation!

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #4,020 of 7,088

bigsmile_face.gif
This is such a great community! And....I just ordered that case 
wink_face.gif
 Thank you for the recommendation!

I have the Dignis case too. It's very well made and I would also recommend it highly. Mine came with a plastic case I don't care for too much but the X5ii is great! Sounds amazing and is built like a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back