FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jul 14, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #2,657 of 7,088

That's why Cachicamo posted the link above...that's a sweet price. I bought another one at 5AM this morning, a nice way to start the day. 

I just mentioned it because his link was all German and euros and stuff. Kind of bummed because I bought one on Sunday for $79. Need to see if they'll price match. I did buy 2 more. One for my phone and one for a tablet.

I almost bought another one as well this past weekend...good thing we waited. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #2,658 of 7,088
  Check this:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MWXUNL4?qid=1436870462&ref_=lp_7074164031_1_6&s=computers&sr=1-6

Be quick, the deal ends in about 10 hours. Mine is already on the way
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank You Cachicamo!

Just confirmed a price adjustment with Amazon (lowered the original price I paid $79.99 down to $59.99)! I bought two cards less than a month ago so I'll have an extra $40.00+ to spend tomorrow on "Prime Day"! I see a third card in my future. Thanks again and: May the force be with you.

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #2,659 of 7,088

Thank You Cachicamo!

Just confirmed a price adjustment with Amazon (lowered the original price I paid $79.99 down to $59.99)! I bought two cards less than a month ago so I'll have an extra $40.00+ to spend tomorrow on "Prime Day"! I see a third card in my future. Thanks again and: May the force be with you.

How did you get a price adjustment?

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #2,661 of 7,088
Good job! Keep talking the x5-2 up. It'll help me justify getting one eventually:D

re. cross-border: I guess it probably doesn't help that you guys have possibly the worst land crossing in NA either

If that what it takes, then I'll keep it up!!

Actually, what I was trying to express is that although I didn't really appreciate the full differences from the X5 to the X5ii initially after spending more listening time with the HO, on more variety of tracks, I'm coming to appreciate what the different amp implementations brings to the table more and more. Though the differences are still subtle they are more than I initially thought.

Re: the boarder. I have an aversion to waiting an hour in my car at the border crossing for a 'deal'. My time is worth more.

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #2,662 of 7,088

If amazon lowers a price within 30 days you can chat with their customer service and they'll do it for you.  Otherwise you could just return the item and re-order.  Easier for them to just adjust it for you.

Turns out the price drop adjustment only covers seven days after purchase.  I got mine three weeks ago, but they gave me the adjustment anyway. Yes!

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #2,663 of 7,088

Turns out the price drop adjustment only covers seven days after purchase.  I got mine three weeks ago, but they gave me the adjustment anyway. Yes!

Hi Art,

Amazon hates the words "Best Buy". With that said, I just mention that they accommodate 30 day price guarantees and, wallah, the telephone representative does it for me. Always better to charm them over the phone than attempt an email plea especially when the sale price is literally on a timer as was the case here.

Good to hear that they took care of you!

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #2,670 of 7,088
Just joined the club, i'm a new X5ii owner!

I'm more of a home stereo guy, but thought of technologies in portable nowadays could be good enough to have it as a source of my home hifi system. 
True enough, I'm happy with the results of both the lineout to my home hifi and the headphone out to my Grado 325i and Sennheiser HD650.

Noticed that there is a OTG function. Did anybody tried to hoot it up an OTG with 2TB HDD with that ? That will be awesome !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back