FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jun 27, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #2,089 of 7,088
  Yeah, I started with that cable. Tried a couple others when it wouldn't work.
I went ahead and sent micca support an email about an exchange. Will see what they say.

I had the same problem with my X3 and it was a bad cable. Had hell finding one that was a data cable. Make sure you have USB setting on Storage when trying cables. That will be the easiest way to test it. DAC needs dac drivers.

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #2,091 of 7,088
  Proud owner of a brand new Fiio x5 2nd gen.

2 days later

Proud owner of a dropped Fiio x5 2nd gen with a small dent on a corner....

I caught the charging cable last night and pulled mine off the table onto the floor with a loud crash.  Fortunately I had the silicon case on and it protected the player.  FiiO really should make sure to keep the silicon cases as an option because they do provide some impact protection.  Yes, it smelled when I took it out of the box, but the smell is gradually fading and is not bothersome.

I sympathize with how you feel.  I was listening to my brand new original X5 in a reclining chair and fell asleep.  It slipped down inside the chair and got caught in the reclining mechanism.  When I tried to extract it, it scratched up the back plate.  It worked just fine but didn't make me happy.  From then on I kept the silicon case on any time I wasn't stacking it with an amp.  Plus, the case hid the flaw...

I do feel your pain.  If it's still working, then that's a really good thing!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #2,092 of 7,088

Sounds like quite the drop!

I suggest calling on the powers that be at Fiio and see if they can make a customer happy and thereby gain a lifelong Fiio devotee
wink_face.gif

Whoa!  Didn't see that! 
eek.gif

Definitely see if FiiO can help!  I'm sure they know accidents can happen.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #2,095 of 7,088
I had the same problem with my X3 and it was a bad cable. Had hell finding one that was a data cable. Make sure you have USB setting on Storage when trying cables. That will be the easiest way to test it. DAC needs dac drivers.

I tried five different cables. All tested fine transferring files from cell phones and cameras.

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #2,100 of 7,088

Users who are viewing this thread

Back