FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Oct 7, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #423 of 3,121
updated firmware, applied full screen protector. time to pass it to my SO.

the wheeeeel feels good. 
dt880smile.png

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #424 of 3,121
Will be keeping tab of this.. Bummed that USB digital out doesn't seem to ever be in X1 feature list..
So now.. Shanling M1 or Fiio X1II? size, usb out and touchscreen or physical button & more screen real estate?

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #426 of 3,121
  updated firmware, applied full screen protector. time to pass it to my SO.

the wheeeeel feels good. 
dt880smile.png

It seems like it'll feel as smooth as the ipod nano wheel.

To answer the question about the best feature, not owning one other than the bluetooth feature I'd say the 256 GB capacity is well worth it. I'd be very interested to see if anyone is able to get this working on a size larger than 256. Someone in another thread was able to get a 128 GB card working with the M3 http://www.head-fi.org/t/780622/fiio-m3-ultra-portable-8g-64g-2-0-320-240-tft-50mw-flac-ape-aiff-in-line-control-ogg-mp3-aac-wma-24-hours-hifi-earbuds/600#post_12098214 .

I don't mind helping you with what the speaker is saying, but which speaker?
If you want something in spanish, the guy from Zococity (shop in Valencia, Spain) made a video on youtube about the new Fiio X1.

That's the video I was referring to. I would just like a summary of the key points, not word for word if you don't mind.

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #429 of 3,121
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 8, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #430 of 3,121

It seems like it'll feel as smooth as the ipod nano wheel.

To answer the question about the best feature, not owning one other than the bluetooth feature I'd say the 256 GB capacity is well worth it. I'd be very interested to see if anyone is able to get this working on a size larger than 256. Someone in another thread was able to get a 128 GB card working with the M3 http://www.head-fi.org/t/780622/fiio-m3-ultra-portable-8g-64g-2-0-320-240-tft-50mw-flac-ape-aiff-in-line-control-ogg-mp3-aac-wma-24-hours-hifi-earbuds/600#post_12098214 .

That's the video I was referring to. I would just like a summary of the key points, not word for word if you don't mind.

Yes of course, sorry I misunderstood/misread what you said.

So here's what he says:
First fo all it's a beta unit.
 - screen : he feels that he can see better
 - new DAC : less distortions, better sound
 - wheel : not intuitive, lacks precision, slow. It's black on black so you can't see the wheel very well
 - bluetooth : distance 3-4 m (not as good as smartphones), sound not as good as with cable, works well from bluetooth to cable BUT there is a problem when you go from cable to bluetooth : the X1 says it's connected to bluetooth but he could not hear anything. 
 - software : not as refined as on the X1, it's slow, difficult and wearisome. 

Pros :
  1. bigger memory
  2. better scren
  3. smaller
  4. new sound card
  5. bluetooth

Cons:
  1. software : not as refined as original X1, slow, wearisome. Hopefully Fiio fixes this in next firmwares.
  2. wheel : can't see it well
  3. fingerprint marks
  4. sound quality via bluetooth is not great.

That's his review. Now I don't know what's the firmware on his beta unit.

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #431 of 3,121

So here's what he says:
 - wheel : not intuitive, lacks precision, slow. It's black on black so you can't see the wheel very well
 - bluetooth : distance 3-4 m (not as good as smartphones), sound not as good as with cable, works well from bluetooth to cable BUT there is a problem when you go from cable to bluetooth : the X1 says it's connected to bluetooth but he could not hear anything. 

Pros :
  1. bigger memory
  2. better scren
  3. smaller
  4. new sound card
  5. bluetooth

Cons:
  1. software : not as refined as original X1, slow, wearisome. Hopefully Fiio fixes this in next firmwares.
  3. fingerprint marks

Was it actually a beta unit...or did it just "feel" like a beta unit to him?

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #432 of 3,121
  Was it actually a beta unit...or did it just "feel" like a beta unit to him?

I don't know, the guy says "it's a beta unit, it's not 100% finished, it still have to be polished". That's all I know. Seeing the unboxing it looks like a pretty"finished" product to me. Now does he thinks it's a beta unit, was he told to say it's a beta unit, is it really a beta unit? I don't know.
Maybe he say it's a beta unit because the firmware on his product is 1.1 and he was told that they were working on the 1.2 firmware. (the video was published on Oct. 1st).

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #433 of 3,121

So here's what he says:

Pros :
  1. bigger memory
  2. better scren
  3. smaller
  4. new sound card
  5. bluetooth

Cons:
  3. fingerprint marks

I'm not worried about the software, there are bound to be some problems with a newly released product which will be fixed with time. When you mention the part about bluetooth (see bolded section in quote) is he referring to the process of pairing a wireless bluetooth headset after disconnecting a  wired headset (vice-versa)? Since I mentioned the bluetooth feature, I'd be interested in knowing how well the 2nd Gen X1 starts on and off in the car.

Also, does anyone know if the new X1 has the ability to search through a library of songs like its original did in the last firmware update (2.0)?

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #434 of 3,121
  Also, does anyone know if the new X1 has the ability to search through a library of songs like its original did in the last firmware update (2.0)?

Yes the search function is there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back