FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Oct 7, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #406 of 3,121
I received alr. Can I confirm only the screen side protector is applied? The wheel one is not? We have to remove the screen side one to apply the bigger one?

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #407 of 3,121
I received alr. Can I confirm only the screen side protector is applied? The wheel one is not? We have to remove the screen side one to apply the bigger one?

1. You can download FW1.2 from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x0fhctajqm0wt1/X1II-FW1.2.zip?dl=0

2. The picture below is the screen protector for X1II.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 7, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #409 of 3,121

Correct, the one that is already applied only covers the screen area, you will have to remove the one that is already applied in order to put on the protector that covers the entire black part of the face

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #411 of 3,121
Correct, the one that is already applied only covers the screen area, you will have to remove the one that is already applied in order to put on the protector that covers the entire black part of the face

Thanks Theo. Understood. Now it's time to apply my pasting skills

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #413 of 3,121

Do you think it's necessary to apply the big screen protector when there is one already on the screen? I know it might attract fingerprints but is it very prone to scratching?

Not quite sure what you're asking. Do you want to know if the device is prone to scratching, or the full face screen protector?

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #414 of 3,121
  Not quite sure what you're asking. Do you want to know if the device is prone to scratching, or the full face screen protector?

I meant the glass face of the device. If it has a screen protector on it already do you think the rest of it needs the full face screen protector? I know you've only had it for a few days..

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #415 of 3,121

I meant the glass face of the device. If it has a screen protector on it already do you think the rest of it needs the full face screen protector? I know you've only had it for a few days..

well, I'm very careful with my devices (haven't had a drop in about 4 years, touch wood).....but I ALWAYS put on a screen protector, even before I start using the device for the first time.

As far as the X1 is concerned, the glass isn't made of sapphire, so it CAN get scratched. My rule of thumb us, "when you do find if it's scratch prone, it's usually too late" lol.

The X1 I have at the moment is a review unit, so I make a point to take extra care of it. That's partly why I put on the full face protector, but mainly because I wanted to see if it negatively affects the touch scroll function (which, thankfully, it hasn't)

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #416 of 3,121
The only issue I have with the full face protector is that it doesn't seem to have a double film. By that I mean, usually when you get one of these screen protectors it has a thin protective film on each side. Then you peel away the first film and apply the protector to the device, then peel away the 2nd film which leaves the protector look all shiny and new.

So the full face protectors included with the new X1 don't seem to have that last part...which means that the protector ends up getting a few scratches once you've applied it to the device and pushed the air bubbles out

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #417 of 3,121
  well, I'm very careful with my devices (haven't had a drop in about 4 years, touch wood).....but I ALWAYS put on a screen protector, even before I start using the device for the first time.

As far as the X1 is concerned, the glass isn't made of sapphire, so it CAN get scratched. My rule of thumb us, "when you do find if it's scratch prone, it's usually too late" lol.

The X1 I have at the moment is a review unit, so I make a point to take extra care of it. That's partly why I put on the full face protector, but mainly because I wanted to see if it negatively affects the touch scroll function (which, thankfully, it hasn't)

I think it's probably a good idea to put the full face protector on for me then. Not that I'm careless with my devices but since they include it it's probably a good idea and it's good that it doesn't affect the touch wheel.

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #418 of 3,121
  The only issue I have with the full face protector is that it doesn't seem to have a double film. By that I mean, usually when you get one of these screen protectors it has a thin protective film on each side. Then you peel away the first film and apply the protector to the device, then peel away the 2nd film which leaves the protector look all shiny and new.

So the full face protectors included with the new X1 don't seem to have that last part...which means that the protector ends up getting a few scratches once you've applied it to the device and pushed the air bubbles out

Well it's going to get scratches anyways (the face protector). I just hate applying these things...I can never get them very straight or get all the air bubbles out.

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #419 of 3,121

Well it's going to get scratches anyways (the face protector). I just hate applying these things...I can never get them very straight or get all the air bubbles out.

Well, my method has worked for me every single time...so maybe give it a shot.

First, go to your bathroom and turn on the shower...make sure to close the door when you exit. The idea is to get it nice and steamy which will stop dust from floating around.

Next, take the screen protector and line it up on the device...make sure that it's straight and nicely in the middle, adequate gaps around buttons, etc. Then use a piece of tape at the top to temporarily hold the protector on the device (this is just so that you can lift the protector, and put t back down at exactly the same place....so the tape just acts as a hinge). Also put a piece of tape at the bottom (I don't mean the side that will make contact with the screen) which will act as a handle for when you're lowering the protector onto the screen. 

Then, go into your steamy bathroom. lift up the protector, and properly clean the screen with an alcohol pad. Next, remove the protective backing film on the protector, and slowly let the protector make contact with the screen starting from the top where the "hinge" tape is. Do this slowly so that you can check for bubbles as soon as they're formed. If you see a bubble, you can either slightly lift the protector again, or use something like a bank card to gently push it out.

This part of the process applies directly to the protectors for the new X1. When removing the tape and the label marked "2", be sure not to lift it straight up (as that might lift the protector again), but instead fold the tape or label completely back and then slowly tug on it until it is completely off. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #420 of 3,121
  Well, my method has worked for me every single time...so maybe give it a shot.

First, go to your bathroom and turn on the shower...make sure to close the door when you exit. The idea is to get it nice and steamy which will stop dust from floating around.

Next, take the screen protector and line it up on the device...make sure that it's straight and nicely in the middle, adequate gaps around buttons, etc. Then use a piece of tape at the top to temporarily hold the protector on the device (this is just so that you can lift the protector, and put t back down at exactly the same place....so the tape just acts as a hinge). Also put a piece of tape at the bottom (I don't mean the side that will make contact with the screen) which will act as a handle for when you're lowering the protector onto the screen. 

Then, go into your steamy bathroom. lift up the protector, and properly clean the screen with an alcohol pad. Next, remove the protective backing film on the protector, and slowly let the protector make contact with the screen starting from the top where the "hinge" tape is. Do this slowly so that you can check for bubbles as soon as they're formed. If you see a bubble, you can either slightly lift the protector again, or use something like a bank card to gently push it out.

This part of the process applies directly to the protectors for the new X1. When removing the tape and the label marked "2", be sure not to lift it straight up (as that might lift the protector again), but instead fold the tape or label completely back and then slowly tug on it until it is completely off. 

I will give that a try when I get mine. I'll take a warm shower before hand to get the bathroom steamy :) I'll save your instructions for reference. Thanks alot!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back