FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Oct 6, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #395 of 3,121
  YEA!  Thanks for that.

Methinks they need to get a bit better at proofing their specs on the main page, as  AIFF is missing in action when you scroll down to specs.

http://www.fiio.net/en/products/18

Anyone have listening and impressions of the new x1 2nd gen?

Go back a couple pages.  Brooko has posted his initial thoughts.  

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #397 of 3,121
  FR between the 2 different firmware versions

Looks identical.  Which leads me to ask, what sound difference are you hearing between the two fw's?  FiiO has never changed the sound between fw on other devices (that they've said).  I've also never noticed a change in sound between fw's.

Thanks

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #398 of 3,121
  Looks identical.  Which leads me to ask, what sound difference are you hearing between the two fw's?  FiiO has never changed the sound between fw on other devices (that they've said).  I've also never noticed a change in sound between fw's.

Thanks

look closer. at and below 16Hz it is indeed identical, but after 16Hz the rest of the frequency range received a slight dB increase.

I really wasn't too impressed with the sound on fw1.0. the highs especially sounded rather harsh a sibilant. but with the new firmware it sounds more balanced. 

It should be noted that that graph only shows the FR. I'm not able to measure other parameters such as harmonic distortions, etc. 

Fiio has improved the sound quality on other devices through a firmware update (the original X3 and the X7) 

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #399 of 3,121

Yeah. But no rapid scrolling which is a shame when you have a large collection. I just don't understand.  

I'm you on the scrolling wheel issue.

I would appreciate it if someone who speaks spanish wouldn't mind translating, or summarizing what the speaker is saying.

Personally, I just want to know how well this iteration compares with its original X1. I've owned the original for about a year now and have enjoyed it so far. I'm very interested in the newer one, mainly because of its bluetooth ability. I don't like having to use my adapter to pair it with my headphones each time so this feature will be very convenient.

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #400 of 3,121
FR between the 2 different firmware versions

Look at your scale. If the y axis is dB and the change is that small, it's inaudible.

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #401 of 3,121
Look at your scale. If the y axis is dB and the change is that small, it's inaudible.

couldn't agree more. but as I said, I can't measure any of the other aspects...so I'm not sure what changed to tame the harshness I heard before. But whatever it is, I'm glad they changed it. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #403 of 3,121
  I'm you on the scrolling wheel issue.

I would appreciate it if someone who speaks spanish wouldn't mind translating, or summarizing what the speaker is saying.

Personally, I just want to know how well this iteration compares with its original X1. I've owned the original for about a year now and have enjoyed it so far. I'm very interested in the newer one, mainly because of its bluetooth ability. I don't like having to use my adapter to pair it with my headphones each time so this feature will be very convenient.

I don't mind helping you with what the speaker is saying, but which speaker?
If you want something in spanish, the guy from Zococity (shop in Valencia, Spain) made a video on youtube about the new Fiio X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back