[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Aug 17, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #1,561 of 2,559
Can people who have already had access to the LHDC codec, tell us what the experience was like? can you see the difference in relation to adaptive aptx?

Oneplus 8pro, android 12 has LHDC, but I can't pair with utws5, I believe it's because of the LHDC version (v.3). Any news when the utws5 LHDC will be updated to version 4.0?

Aug 17, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #1,562 of 2,559
Anyone looking for a crazy synergizing earphone that matches extremely well with the UTWS5 like it was made for it. The FH5S will be on sale during Fiios back to school sale on Aliexpress for $190.
1660791021222.png

https://fiioaudio.aliexpress.com/store/1101556430?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000007.1.2cb81855LFXY3A

I got earphones that cost a whole bunch more but end up not sounding as good as this combo.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #1,563 of 2,559
@FiiO hello? Your china counterparts are insisting that I share the cost of import tax when they can declare and claim back the tax from customs when they ship it back to me? I have confirm there is no handling fee and it is purely import taxt.

Everyone, pls take note this is the kind of nonsense you will have to be deal with when you send back items to china for warranty claim. Very disappointing after sales service from Fiio. Takes half a month to provide paperwork to clear the item from custom and now insist that I share cost for the import tax when I already courier it back at my own cost.

Edit: Was asked to teach them how to claim back import tax when exporting as they do not know how. What a joke.
Would like to update in the end Fiio footed the import tax and couriered back a brand new UTWS5 set.

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #1,566 of 2,559
Has anyone tried these with campfire IEMs? Looking to buy one so wanted to make sure there is no hiss.
I've tried them with Dorado 2020 and Solaris 2020. No hissing here.

Aug 18, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #1,568 of 2,559
Can people who have already had access to the LHDC codec, tell us what the experience was like? can you see the difference in relation to adaptive aptx?

Oneplus 8pro, android 12 has LHDC, but I can't pair with utws5, I believe it's because of the LHDC version (v.3). Any news when the utws5 LHDC will be updated to version 4.0?
My feeling is that with codec LHDC the audio is more detailed and the bass is deeper compared to aptX adaptive. The bad thing is that by default after turning on UTWS5, aptX adaptive is always active, and I have to manually switch codec LHDC.

Aug 19, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #1,570 of 2,559
On low-level fragments (yes, symphonic music contains such places as well pauses, not tutti only) I hear noise which sometimes turns of to full silent. It is absolute stopper. Am I the only listening to classical music with UTWS5?
Dear friend,

Which headphone are you using? And which music you were playing? Does the issue happen when playing other music files?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 20, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #1,571 of 2,559
you can upgrade to LHCD codec supporting phone, i am planning to do myself and believe it will give much better clarity overall, much closer to the wire. As currently aptx not hd is a little too low for myself.
Hi marius
I also(quickly) tested aptx hd on an fiio m11, it sounded a bit better I agree, but remained too far of my expectations/ wire + dragonfly cobalt
But I listen to dense And intricated music (metal and » worse ») that may be a torture benchmark for iem

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #1,572 of 2,559
Hi marius
I also(quickly) tested aptx hd on an fiio m11, it sounded a bit better I agree, but remained too far of my expectations/ wire + dragonfly cobalt
But I listen to dense And intricated music (metal and » worse ») that may be a torture benchmark for iem
I should say that lhdc codec without ldac is closest to wire quality sound wise. Really really good, tested with poco phone on the shop. From my current aptx not hd is much more clearer, better soundstage, feel of depth, better bass control, more details. Dont know what better could i get. Also noticed that there is different lhdc codec versions and v3/v4 is the latest. Aptx or aptxhd is lower quality , i really hear the difference. So will buy phone with lhdc and it will work for me better than big dap with wire. Much more easy to use. Now days with lhdc supporting utws5 and proper phone i dont see any need for a dap exept high end that could give a little difference.

Aug 21, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #1,573 of 2,559
I should say that lhdc codec without ldac is closest to wire quality sound wise. Really really good, tested with poco phone on the shop. From my current aptx not hd is much more clearer, better soundstage, feel of depth, better bass control, more details. Dont know what better could i get. Also noticed that there is different lhdc codec versions and v3/v4 is the latest. Aptx or aptxhd is lower quality , i really hear the difference. So will buy phone with lhdc and it will work for me better than big dap with wire. Much more easy to use. Now days with lhdc supporting utws5 and proper phone i dont see any need for a dap exept high end that could give a little difference.
Yes I agree totally, and thought the same, but I made the choice of buying an (expensive and useless for most of my usage) iPhone for a stable Apple music app only
Maybe Later for me!

Aug 22, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #1,574 of 2,559
20220821_221508.jpg

UTWS5 + UM Mest Indigo absolute wireless audio eargasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back