[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Dec 22, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #542 of 2,563
@FiiO Emailed support yesterday. I tried doing a factory reset (hold 12s) and my UTWS5 microphones are still unavailable for recording. If anyone else wants to quickly check, download this Android app and verify if your Bluetooth microphone shows as "ready to record" (mine does not!) On a MacOS computer, you can also check if the UTWS5 shows as a valid input device (vs. output only).

I wonder if this is why some early reviews were complaining about the microphone/call quality as sounding distant. Maybe it's because it was using the microphones from a phone in their pocket!

Dec 22, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #543 of 2,563
@FiiO Emailed support yesterday. I tried doing a factory reset (hold 12s) and my UTWS5 microphones are still unavailable for recording. If anyone else wants to quickly check, download this Android app and verify if your Bluetooth microphone shows as "ready to record" (mine does not!) On a MacOS computer, you can also check if the UTWS5 shows as a valid input device (vs. output only).

I wonder if this is why some early reviews were complaining about the microphone/call quality as sounding distant. Maybe it's because it was using the microphones from a phone in their pocket!
My UTWS5 def use the audio from their microphones not the phone. I often leave my phone in the car and walk around while working and the calls work just fine.

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #546 of 2,563

Just use a credit card, it's really easy to get your money back if you ever get scammed. At least with VISA, I've yet to test how Mastercard handles scammers.

I ordered straight away.

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #547 of 2,563
I know but he has only been in business from October, call me old and cautious.

Remember the one on the Chinese store comes with an option of a L Shape USB C adapter and the previous one posted comes in USB-C version also.

I wonder if any of them let you actually select the Codec via the button like the Creative BT 5.0 one.

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #548 of 2,563
Dec 22, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #550 of 2,563
Too bad the seller doesn't ship to USA. Is there anybody from Europe can group buy this thing? I will definitely sign up.

Dec 22, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #551 of 2,563
Too bad the seller doesn't ship to USA. Is there anybody from Europe can group buy this thing? I will definitely sign up.

I could do it under the right circumstances, but i'll wait before I get my own unit delivered just too see if the seller is trustworthy.

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #552 of 2,563
Hmmm why the link does not open to product page but to aliexpress home page instead😵

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #553 of 2,563

Bluetooth Adapter USB Bluetooth 5.2 Transmitter QCC3040 Chip Free Drive Suitable for Game Console Computer​

You cannot even search his store using the exact name of the item as above as it finds something else.

Try this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.2.3d766830Jnqm3r

In main AliExpress homepage this works in search: Transmitter QCC3040

EDIT:
I ordered it via my Vista Debit Card so will be safe.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #554 of 2,563
PSX_20211223_095138.jpg

PSX_20211223_095252.jpg

Both work over the case, but the Type C version fits particularly well.

Dec 22, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #555 of 2,563

My UTWS5 def use the audio from their microphones not the phone. I often leave my phone in the car and walk around while working and the calls work just fine.

Update on my microphones. They work now!? I have no idea what changed. I paired to them this afternoon on the exact same devices I used for testing yesterday and suddenly they show as a valid output AND input device and I confirmed I can now record using them. Tried successfully on both my MacBook and Pixel 6. I changed absolutely nothing intentionally. So strange. Good news, I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back