[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Nov 16, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #272 of 2,559
Do you know if the seller got a store on Aliexpress? Taobao seems to be more aimed at Chinese speakers, I can't seem to access that link without first creating an account.

No idea.

How does pairing work on those, @ClieOS ? I tried the very similar BT-W3 and they always pair to my bookshelf speakers even if my TWS are right next to the dongle. Very frustrating!

Pairing is super easy. The adapter goes into pairing mode if it isn't already paired and will pair to any BT devices nearby that is on pairing mode. Once I 'forgot' my UTWS5 from my smartphone, they just automatically paired to the adapter almost immediately.

Nov 16, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #273 of 2,559
IMG_20211117_085336.jpg

UTWS5 with a2dc to mmcx adaptor on ATH-WP900!

Nov 17, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #275 of 2,559
IMG_20211117_085336.jpg
UTWS5 with a2dc to mmcx adaptor on ATH-WP900!
Nice! What are your impressions? How do they sound compared to wired?

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #276 of 2,559
Curious about battery life! Ha ha!

(and whether they fit in the case...)

drftr
Nice! What are your impressions? How do they sound compared to wired?
I should hav checked after an hour of use! Putting them into the case would be a real challenge!

I had to push up the volume more than usual but didnt had to max it out! wired wise, this headphones have a bit of sibilance but pairing with UTWS5 seems to tone that down, could be because I was on the go versus my usual at my desk listening

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #277 of 2,559
Well... I've just ordered it, as well, I couldn't resist anymore!

£ 124.22, it will arrive around December, 13
I know I should wait for it to appear on Amazon UK but I am not sure when this will be... Also, the shop offers 15-days free return. I hope I will not have to return it...

@FiiO , which of your IEMs would you suggest as best match with the UTWS5? I am asking for alternatives just in case it won't be able to drive my TRI I3 properly

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #278 of 2,559
Well... I've just ordered it, as well, I couldn't resist anymore!

£ 124.22, it will arrive around December, 13
I know I should wait for it to appear on Amazon UK but I am not sure when this will be... Also, the shop offers 15-days free return. I hope I will not have to return it...

@FiiO , which of your IEMs would you suggest as best match with the UTWS5? I am asking for alternatives just in case it won't be able to drive my TRI I3 properly
Due to individual preferences, you could read the professional reviews and comparisons, as well as try out by yourself. But it seems that the reviewers in China choose to try UTWS5 with the FD7 most.

'There is no difference in the tuning style when using FiiO UTWS5 to push FD7 directly compared to the flagship player, it does not bring some negative sound coloration to the headphones, it sounds very natural. Although FiiO UTWS5 + FiiO FD7 such a configuration in the sound quality will be slightly inferior, but the low-frequency volume and dive are more satisfactory, and can also have a good sense of atmosphere; mid range performance is very spacious, listening to some female voices can feel the sweet warmth of the mid range, the sound is still relatively catchy; this combination configuration of high-frequency performance will be slightly conservative, the actual listening experience can also give I feel a soft and spacious feeling, and does not seem very dark, although the high-frequency performance will be weaker, but also will not become the shortcomings of this product. Overall, the performance of the three frequencies, the sound field, the details and the sense of junction of this configuration are all relatively satisfactory, and combined with the price of the FiiO UTWS5, I seem to have nothing to criticize.

---From ZOL

Listening to the FD7 with UTWS5, the feeling is quite good, loudness, levels, dynamics are maintained at a relatively high level

---From 大person

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)'

Just for your reference.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 18, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #279 of 2,559
Due to individual preferences, you could read the professional reviews and comparisons, as well as try out by yourself. But it seems that the reviewers in China choose to try UTWS5 with the FD7 most.

'There is no difference in the tuning style when using FiiO UTWS5 to push FD7 directly compared to the flagship player, it does not bring some negative sound coloration to the headphones, it sounds very natural. Although FiiO UTWS5 + FiiO FD7 such a configuration in the sound quality will be slightly inferior, but the low-frequency volume and dive are more satisfactory, and can also have a good sense of atmosphere; mid range performance is very spacious, listening to some female voices can feel the sweet warmth of the mid range, the sound is still relatively catchy; this combination configuration of high-frequency performance will be slightly conservative, the actual listening experience can also give I feel a soft and spacious feeling, and does not seem very dark, although the high-frequency performance will be weaker, but also will not become the shortcomings of this product. Overall, the performance of the three frequencies, the sound field, the details and the sense of junction of this configuration are all relatively satisfactory, and combined with the price of the FiiO UTWS5, I seem to have nothing to criticize.

---From ZOL

Listening to the FD7 with UTWS5, the feeling is quite good, loudness, levels, dynamics are maintained at a relatively high level

---From 大person

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)'

Just for your reference.

Best regards
Thank you for your input :)

The FD7 is out of my budget for this specific purchase. What about your FiiO FH5? I mean, is the UTWS5 powerful enough to drive it?

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #280 of 2,559
Thank you for your input :)

The FD7 is out of my budget for this specific purchase. What about your FiiO FH5? I mean, is the UTWS5 powerful enough to drive it?
Absolutely. The UTWS5 can damn bear blow my FH5 set.

I started with the Shure adapters which I’m still using mostly because I need the transparency mode (@FiiO please! 🤤) but the UTWS5 get much much louder than the Shure adapters. The Shure top out at around the max of where you’d wanna listen depending on source, and the UTWS5 get muchhhh louder than that. Like I can’t turn it up without blowing either my ears or the headphones.

Very powerful amp in there for the FH5

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #282 of 2,559
Hello guys, has anyone had the opportunity to compare with the iBasso CF01, which I am currently using (with a lot of satisfaction) ?
I'll personally consider CF01 to be one of the least performing BT adapter in the market and certainly the worst value wise (well, maybe better than Sure or Foster, but those are more of a brand name stuff).

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #283 of 2,559
I'll personally consider CF01 to be one of the least performing BT adapter in the market and certainly the worst value wise (well, maybe better than Sure or Foster, but those are more of a brand name stuff).
I haven't tried others. It is well built and convenient for me. So I take it utws5 should perform significantly better?

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #284 of 2,559
I haven't tried others. It is well built and convenient for me. So I take it utws5 should perform significantly better?
Try it, and you'll find out how much you have missed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back