[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Oct 21, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #107 of 2,575
Sorry for the silly questions, but…

Is there going to be a 2 pin version? Most of my IEMs have 0.78 2 pin connections.

If one uses converters (2 pin to MMCX, or MMCX to 2pin) how does that affect the fit and comfort of these TWS adapters?

Why not build TWS adapters where the “stem” (the part where the IEM attaches) is interchangeable so that it can easily be switched between MMCX and 2 pin?
If you use MMCX adapter, you can rotate the buds and might have a better fit. (I used Powerbeats Pro before that I could not get a proper angle and fit.)

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #108 of 2,575
I have received UTWS5 today. I am pairing it with iPhone and Shure Aonic 4. It will replace my old good BTR5 (1st gen).

This thing has got plenty of power to drive Aonic 4. I am setting the iPhone volume to 75% and the Fiio app to 26 out of 32.

It seems the bass is a little bit more than BTR5. I will let it run in and hopefully the sound quality will be even better.

I found the Fiio control app does not have EQ adjustment for UTWS5 like the UTWS3 or BTR5. I don't know if Fiio is going to put it back with an app or firmware update. At least a bass boost or treble boost adjustment would be great.
Here is the picture with Aonic 4. These are small buds that fit in the case very well.

Attachments

• 2F6E3F6C-5BC2-4043-AB18-E6CF1149F1C8.jpeg
    2F6E3F6C-5BC2-4043-AB18-E6CF1149F1C8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #109 of 2,575
Sorry M11 Plus LTD can not support aptX Adaptive, you can enjoy aptX HD with M11 Plus LTD :L3000:
1634181319040.png
Hi! Can I just confirm that this is true? Will the UTWS5 work perfectly with aptX-HD enabled on my M11 Plus?

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #110 of 2,575
how does this compare to the lc-bt2, i went with that over the utws3 due to LDAC and seemingly less noise. just wondering if this is overkill for an upgrade over this from the lc-bt2 when i only have an fh3 and mele as my daily drivers, im a ways away from higher end IEMs

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #112 of 2,575
I've read somewhere that aptX-HD is not compatible with aptX-Adaptive...

Somewhere is wrong. If you connect a device with aptx HD support with another device with aptx Adaptive, they will connect to each other with aptx HD.

Compatibility
*Backwards compatible with aptX & aptX HD in stereo headsets

* Source

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #113 of 2,575
Somewhere is wrong. If you connect a device with aptx HD support with another device with aptx Adaptive, they will connect to each other with aptx HD.

* Source
That's great to know! Really looking forward to using it with my M11 Plus.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #115 of 2,575
Hi guys, does anyone have a comparison with BTR5? I have it and I'm waiting for the UTWS5, wonder what to expect.

I have both BTR5 and UTWS5.

UTWS5 has a much more stable bluetooth connection. There is a little bit more bass and treble. It has got enough power to drive my Shure Aonic 4. If you have a higher end IEMs, you will need to check if it could drive them well.

UTWS5 shuts down automatically when you put them back into the case, and then reconnect to the phone quickly when you take them out. It is very convenient.

BTR5 has a wider sound stage especially using balanced output. It is also a lot louder. It has EQ control (Fiio said UTWS5 will have EQ in a future update)

There are some songs that BTR5 sounds better to me. But most of the time they are very close.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #116 of 2,575

UTWS5 has a much more stable bluetooth connection. There is a little bit more bass and treble. It has got enough power to drive my Shure Aonic 4. If you have a higher end IEMs, you will need to check if it could drive them well.

UTWS5 shuts down automatically when you put them back into the case, and then reconnect to the phone quickly when you take them out. It is very convenient.

BTR5 has a wider sound stage especially using balanced output. It is also a lot louder. It has EQ control (Fiio said UTWS5 will have EQ in a future update)

There are some songs that BTR5 sounds better to me. But most of the time they are very close.
Thank you very much.

I'll pair it with Shure's SE846, I don't expect any problem with the combination, I really really like BTR5 but looking for the conveniences you mentioned.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #118 of 2,575

What is the process like for quickly switching between devices (different phones, laptops, etc.)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back