[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Jul 26, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #2,298 of 2,576
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 27, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #2,299 of 2,576
So after I return 2 utws 5 (2 pin) due to the battery drain issue, I decided to buy 1 with mmcx and bought an adapter. To my surprise, no such bug exist (batter drain, random connect), and I noticed the battery indicator when charging is turn off when full ( as per the manual said). So, what I learn from this is either Fiio quality control is not good, or the 2 pin patch is bugged, or there is fake UTWS5 out there

Jul 27, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #2,300 of 2,576
Does anyone try LDAC mode on Samsung S22/s22ultra (exynos chip) ?
Looking for tws adapter for letshuer s12 pro, trying to decide, does it worth to buy utws5 instead of az09 pro for samsung s22 ultra phone and ax210 laptop.
Have read the previous few pages, but still don't understand, can I expect at least 660 kbps or 990kbps 24/48 modes ?

Jul 27, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #2,301 of 2,576
Looking for tws adapter for letshuer s12 pro, trying to decide, does it worth to buy utws5 instead of az09 pro for samsung s22 ultra phone and ax210 laptop.
Have read the previous few pages, but still don't understand, can I expect at least 660 kbps or 990kbps 24/48 modes ?
990kbps has worked for me... But struggles in places like a Gym. I'm guessing coz so many ppl about with Bluetooth and phones. But obviously I've no idea why.

Jul 27, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #2,302 of 2,576
FiiO's experimental LDAC does not work on my Samsung S23 Ultra. I have tried various settings but got so disappointed that now I am using aptX with my UTWS5. No issues at all with my iFi GO Pod, I have rock-solid LDAC 990/909kbps.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #2,303 of 2,576
FiiO's experimental LDAC does not work on my Samsung S23 Ultra. I have tried various settings but got so disappointed that now I am using aptX with my UTWS5. No issues at all with my iFi GO Pod, I have rock-solid LDAC 990/909kbps.
Have you turned it on in the 3 different places?
Developer settings, the bluetooth connection and the fiio app?

Jul 27, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #2,304 of 2,576
Have you turned it on in the 3 different places?
Developer settings, the bluetooth connection and the fiio app?
Yes, I have. But I don't have good and consistent results. It might play for half an hour, or so, and then I am getting crackling noises and artifacts. The UTWS5 works great on LHDC for me, on my other phone, a POCO F2 Pro. That's how I've been using it before getting the S23U. With the Samsung, FiiO LDAC does not work for me.
aptX sounds great with YouTube, though.

Also, FiiO LDAC works well with my BTA 30 Pro.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #2,305 of 2,576
@FiiO

With your latest firmware 1.73, I cannot adjust the volume when I am pairing my UTWS5 with my BTA30 Pro.

I have a second pair of the UTWS5 which still runs firmware 1.5 and this one works fine. When paired with my BTA30 Pro, the volume can be adjusted from the ear-hook buttons.

Can you try this, yourself?
Can you offer a solution?

PS: The volume adjustment, as well as all the rest, functions as intended when paired with my smartphone. The issue is only with the BTA30 Pro.
Hi @FiiO

Has your engineer checked the above? Were you able to reproduce it? Any update?

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #2,307 of 2,576
Dear friend,

Please try to clean the charging pins of the UTWS5 and clear the pairing to check again first.
If the issue remains, please contact support@fiio.com with the receipt attached. Thanks in advance!

Best regards
This has since happened another two times. I contacted your support email and recieved a reply from someone who had no knowledge of the issue (despite the months of complaints here from numerous people).

It's time you started taking this matter seriously. The alternative is that this is actually a hardware problem (possibly with the poor charging pins used) which you can't fix.

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #2,308 of 2,576
This has since happened another two times. I contacted your support email and recieved a reply from someone who had no knowledge of the issue (despite the months of complaints here from numerous people).

It's time you started taking this matter seriously. The alternative is that this is actually a hardware problem (possibly with the poor charging pins used) which you can't fix.
Read my post sharing my experience above. My conclusion to the issue is probably physical defect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back