[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Apr 23, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #586 of 905
Hi guys, I've read almost every page in this thread. Thanks for posting your reviews and images.

I was wondering, how would Fiio's true wireless with a good pair of IEM's (say Moondrop Starfield) compare to the traditional true wireless earbuds like Jabra 85t or anything else?

Would the UTWS3 sound better?

Apr 23, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #587 of 905
Hi guys, I've read almost every page in this thread. Thanks for posting your reviews and images.

I was wondering, how would Fiio's true wireless with a good pair of IEM's (say Moondrop Starfield) compare to the traditional true wireless earbuds like Jabra 85t or anything else?

Would the UTWS3 sound better?
UTWS3 is way better because with it you can use your beloved iem and experience the familiar sound signature and fit wirelessly.

Apr 23, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #588 of 905
UTWS3 is way better because with it you can use your beloved iem and experience the familiar sound signature and fit wirelessly.
Thanks! Moondrop Starfield is my first IEM. I have been using Jabra 65t's on the go, and DT990 at home.

What would you recommend as a step above Starfield to combine with UTWS3 ?

I don't have any particular taste, I'm not really a true audiophile but the DT990 sounds really good for me although the treble was a headache in the beginning lol.

Would I have to spend more than $200 to get something noticeably better than Starfield?

Apr 23, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #589 of 905
Thanks! Moondrop Starfield is my first IEM. I have been using Jabra 65t's on the go, and DT990 at home.

What would you recommend as a step above Starfield to combine with UTWS3 ?

I don't have any particular taste, I'm not really a true audiophile but the DT990 sounds really good for me although the treble was a headache in the beginning lol.

Would I have to spend more than $200 to get something noticeably better than Starfield?
Not , necessarily for example the FiiO FH3 is better than the Starfield.

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #591 of 905
I see! With the UTW3, is it secure enough for exercising, what if I was hanging upside down on a pull up bar, would it be secure enough to not fall off?

Do I need to make sure that the IEM is IP rated for sweat as well?
I have tested while running but they are lightweight , slim and discreet with great fit behind the ear.
So I guess that the iem is going to determine the usability while exercising.
If you get a tight and snug fit with the iem then you are good to go!

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #592 of 905
I just pulled mine out of storage, for some reason, the led on the box is always white and the earpieces always say 50% no matter how much i charge them.

Maybe its because the charger im using is not a normal 5v but one of those Gan multi voltage ones.

Apr 23, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #593 of 905
I have tested while running but they are lightweight , slim and discreet with great fit behind the ear.
So I guess that the iem is going to determine the usability while exercising.
If you get a tight and snug fit with the iem then you are good to go!
Which iem do you use for running? Is it the same one you use for any other purpose?

Thanks again :)

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #597 of 905
I just pulled mine out of storage, for some reason, the led on the box is always white and the earpieces always say 50% no matter how much i charge them.

Maybe its because the charger im using is not a normal 5v but one of those Gan multi voltage ones.
I got curious after your post and I pulled mine out of the shelf.
They seem to charge good with a 2A adapter.

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #600 of 905
Hi everyone,

Just got my UTWS3 - very VERY pleased with the sound quality.
I got the 2 pin version because all my IEMs are 2 pin. However, most of my IEMs need a two pin PLUG because the connections are recessed into the body of the earpiece. This is not compatible with the UTWS3.

Has anyone found a small converter to go from the "flat surface" style of the UTWS3 to a recessed, plug type connector?
Alternatively, to still help me in my search, what is the accepted terminology for a plug type, compared to anything else? As an example, both the UM Macbeth and InEar Prophile 8 uses a recessed connection.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back