[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Apr 25, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #616 of 905
Does sound quality suffer at all when you use your iems with the UTWS3?
Since the utws3 becomes your DAC/amp the difference you hear has far more to do with your source, when wired, than your iems. I used then with the UM Mest and was very impressed. Coming from an ibasso dx220 I could tell that staging was not quite as expansive or 3 dimensional but it was a small difference. They are also a little more v shaped but for me that makes them more fun rather than being an issue.

For the audiophile world,I think these are a fantastic option. I would take these (coupled with my iems) over Sony's wm series any day. They are in line with Fiio's practice of offering high quality audio for a very fair price.

Apr 25, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #617 of 905
Since the utws3 becomes your DAC/amp the difference you hear has far more to do with your source, when wired, than your iems. I used then with the UM Mest and was very impressed. Coming from an ibasso dx220 I could tell that staging was not quite as expansive or 3 dimensional but it was a small difference. They are also a little more v shaped but for me that makes them more fun rather than being an issue.

For the audiophile world,I think these are a fantastic option. I would take these (coupled with my iems) over Sony's wm series any day. They are in line with Fiio's practice of offering high quality audio for a very fair price.
:beerchug:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 25, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #618 of 905
Right back at you, Willson! I am not a BT person at all, wired all the way. Absolutely blown away by the quality of sound from the UTWS3, and the fact that you have created a product so PERFECTLY suited to those of us who have multiple (or even one) sets of IEMs and have been forced to go wireless for their phones.

There is very little compromise in SQ here. Love them.

Apr 26, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #620 of 905
tried different cables and chargers, same issue, i cant charge the box nor the hooks past 50%, tried a master reset, no use.
I'm sure you've seen this and I think you've tried everything, but here's a vid from YouTube:

Apologies in advance if you have done everything it tells you to try - I know how annoying that can be.
Final message from them is to contact support, which I suspect is your next move.
Good luck

Apr 28, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #621 of 905
tried different cables and chargers, same issue, i cant charge the box nor the hooks past 50%, tried a master reset, no use.
Dear friend,

So can't the charging box be charged now? Or the hooks could not be charged by the charging box?

How does the indicator show while charging? You could also contact us via support@fiio.com with more information.

【Indicator light of the left and right ear hooks】
1. Left and right ear hooks are charging: White light pulses for about 15s before going off. (The indicator light will stay ON if the charging case is connecting to a USB. )

2. Left and right ear hooks are fully charged: White light goes out.

【Indicator light of the charging case】
1. Remaining power indication (indicates when opening the case every time.)
21%~100%: White light constantly on for 5s;
20%~0%: Red light constantly on for 5s.

2. Charging case status indication:
Charging: White light pulses;
Fully charged: White light constantly on.

3. Ear hooks (in the case) status indication:
Pairing: Red&white light flash alternately.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 28, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #623 of 905
Will firmware updates be made available to ios devices as well?

Until Qualcomm releases firmware SDK for iOS, I think it is very unlikely you will see anyway to update UTWS3 on iOS - also consider Qualcomm and Apple are not on good terms over the last few years, chance of that happening is slim to none.

Apr 28, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #624 of 905
A tip for iOS users - I managed to update my UTWS3 firmware the other day with my Sony TV running Android TV by sideloading the app using ES File Explorer and Sideload Launcher. It was a bit of a mission, but worth looking into - it was the only Android device that I had access to - everyone I know uses iOS devices!

Apr 29, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #625 of 905
**Update**
Just received my replacement from HiFiGo. Had an issue with the replacements and the Left Adapter wasn’t working. I reconnected the earpiece and thankfully that did the trick.

They’re pretty light. I don’t even feel the adapters on my ears. I’m not much for their EQ. I use a different app called Boom instead if need it. Otherwise it sounds pretty good with both EQs off.

Looking forward to use these bad boys for a while.

May 2, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #626 of 905
Want to make an end game tws system we can have with these. Ive tried the z1r......and i feel slightly underpowered. What high end iems that are easy to drive would be recomended? Something that is easy to drive and also slightly more forgiving would suit a tws end game. Also comfort is a big factor. Shell shouldnt be too big

Andromeda 2020 - some say theres slight hiss.....too sensitive

Sony m9? These are easier to drive than z1r but no reviews on this combo so far.

Moondrop dusk? The dusk seems to fit the bill for an awesome end game tws system. Price is good too

Monarch......i think not forgiving enough.

May 2, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #627 of 905
When can we expect them to be available please ?

May 3, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #628 of 905
I´ve been testing a few different options I have laying around the house during the weekend;

Westone UM Pro 30
DQSM DA2
Mee Audio Pinnacle P1
Magaosi K1
Pai Audio MR3
Vsonic VSD3

For me, sound is not the issue. They all sound fine, different copared to each other of course, but they all work very well soundwise with the UTWS3. Fit is a whole other matter.

I have big ears. That makes it a problem with smaller iems that have a "low connection" like the Westone UM Pro 30 has. The earhook needs to lower in front of the ear so the battery and button part kind of hangs out in the air flapping instead of laying close to the back of your ear. I had the same problem with the Pai MR3 which was challenging if not painful to have on as I had to twist them more up to get the hooks in place (my ears again).

The Pinnacle P1 was lovely however. Fits perfectly and they are rather hard to drive but the UTWS3 made it look easy.

Vsonic VSD3 and Magaosi K1 worked beatifully too with the hooks over my ear. Got to say that the Magaosi K1's really are gems. I love how easy they sound and transport the music.

The DQSM D2 are my favourits to wear with the UTWS3 at the moment though. Fit is excellent and excellent sound.

I have made an order for mmcx to 2 pin adapter so I can use my customs (VE Duke) and a few others 2 pin I have laying around including my lovely TFZ 5 Exclusives.

May 3, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #629 of 905
Can anyone from @FiiO comment on when these will be stocked in the UK. If already stocked in the UK, who has it? Tried some of the usual suspects, no luck. Still happily running an X5 III, tried my FA7 on the Shure TW1, and they just aren't as good as compared to being wired. I suspect this is something to do with the TW1's not having any volume control on them. Really keen to get hold of the UTWS3.

May 3, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #630 of 905
Want to make an end game tws system we can have with these. Ive tried the z1r......and i feel slightly underpowered. What high end iems that are easy to drive would be recomended? Something that is easy to drive and also slightly more forgiving would suit a tws end game. Also comfort is a big factor. Shell shouldnt be too big

Andromeda 2020 - some say theres slight hiss.....too sensitive

Sony m9? These are easier to drive than z1r but no reviews on this combo so far.

Moondrop dusk? The dusk seems to fit the bill for an awesome end game tws system. Price is good too

Monarch......i think not forgiving enough.
I've tried with UM Mest and InEar Prophile 8S. Overall, I prefer the Mest for music stored on the phone (but I think I prefer the Mest anyway). Prophiles, having got used to them again after defecting to the Mest as my daily driver, work brilliantly and sound great. There is a slight v-shaped tuning to the UTWS3 which the Mest supports beautifully. Prophile is a little more linear, so it depends what you're after.

Comfort and fit is equally good on both, with the Mest actually benefitting from not using the angled connectors on its own cable (for me).
Oh! Also tried with Tin HiFi T4 (it's T4, right? Not P4...?) They also sounded very good, though obviously not in the same class as the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back