[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Feb 25, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #902 of 905
You know the story of Goldie locks? One soup was too cold, one soup was too hot but then one was just right?

Well, I've been trying to find true wireless ear hook adapters to convert my wired Sennheisers to true wireless.

First I got the TRN BT20XS and they had an issue with distortion, it was bad. Not sure how they even made it to the market.

Then I tried the TRN BT30 and there's no distortion, YAY, but the bass was reduced so much that it was very noticeable. Ugh.

Final try, I just got wireless adapters from FiiO (a company that makes quality audio stuff and I have a bunch of their products already so I know they're quality).

The only problem is their new model hasn't come out yet and it was supposed to come out last year and we're still waiting. Their older product UTWS3 was $60 at one point but it was around Christmas so I didn't buy them. Then, they went back up to $80, but I thought that was quite expensive, and now they're over $90 but I decided to just bite the bullet and get them

I'm so glad I did. They're perfect. They have plenty of bass, no distortion, they get much louder than the other 2 and the buttons feel a lot better on them as well. Plus, the ear hooks have memory wire in them so you can mold them to the shape of your ears (the other 2 were just pre-formed ear hooks)

So long story long, I really like the FiiOs even though I had to pay more than I really wanted because they're not being made anymore.

Feb 25, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #904 of 905
I'm hoping they come out with a new version pretty soon... I could use a couple right now... may end up using the BTR instead...
They’re updating the UTWS5 around July although that is not set in stone.

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #905 of 905
I got the UTSW3 on eBay new for $40.

Then a week later got the UTSW5 used for $50. It looks like an Amazon return as it has an Amazon sticker on it. Works flawlessly.

Both of them sound really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back