[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Dec 23, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #91 of 905
Which adaptor make. ? My headset are the two pin but thinking of the future as I might get the none two pin version and then get an adaptor so that would be the best of both worlds. I think fiio should of done this to make one set comparable With both versions instead of making two versions.

Still no sign of these in the U.K. to

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #92 of 905
I think the control scheme is a bit weird, pause should be a single tap on either unit? Double tapping to pause seems a bit off?

1x press = Pause
Double press left = Previous Track
Double press right = Next Track
Hold left = Decrease Volume
Hold Right = Increase Volume

That's my ideal setup at least.

Looks like you can customize controls tho? If that's the case then I got no complaints :)

I hope you include both 0.-78 mm and MMCX earhook, that would prob be easier logistically as well.

I'm a tiny bit disappointed with the single use battery life, hopefully the new amp is worth the battery sacrifice.

Also please can you start to get your new prodcuts to Amazon.de store? I can't find any of your recent producs there :/.

Ditto, if we can assign 4 controls that'd be even better. 1,2,3 tap and a hold (1.5-2seconds?). A power on/off at 5 seconds would be cool too.

I also hate Qualcomm and their shady policies, most smartphones with a fairly new snapdragon chip supports TWS/TWS+, but since Qualcomm prob charges an extra fee to enable it most OEM's dont.

Is there a list with phones that supports TWS/TWS+? I know my Pixel 4a don't :/

Ditto. My Pixel 3 XL has the 845 chip which supports TWS+ but Google hasn't implemented it in the firmware. I only heard crickets when I asked about it on their support site.

I wonder if it will be possible to retrofit Qi wireless charging. Does anyone have any good recommendations on type-C Qi receivers that might fit? This is the only feature missing for me! I prefer the design and app functionality of this over the alternative that includes a Qi wireless charging case.

Agreed. Really only seems to be missing QI charging.

Just got the UTWS3 in. The case is an absolute honker in size. Still fits in my jean pocket but its a big case. My most sensitive iems are picking up barely any noise. This is a fantastic improvement over the UTWS1! Good job to FiiO!
B0973D5D-90C1-4262-BD17-3F4568BC0206.jpeg

Great news. I'd like something that works well with sensitive all BA IEMs.

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #93 of 905
I used a non recessed 2 pin iem to show a "worst case" fit situation.
Apart from the case, would the UTWS3 itself work with recessed 2-pin sockets? The UTWS1 gave me a hard time with my IMR iems, the earpieces even cane out sometimes, the angle of the male/female connectors was extreme and made the whole thing super uncomfortable. If the mini-cable here is softer that could alleviate things.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #96 of 905
Whoa suddenly I'm not able to find any UTWS3 on Aliexpress anymore? All sold out or am I going crazy? I just tried to order from HiFiGo and they said they would ship with DHL but they are sending with "Yun Express" instead? What is that about?

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #100 of 905
Is this thing actually smaller than UTWS1? At the beginning I thought so, but after seeing some pictures of people wearing it on the Fiio page it looks bulkier than I expected. But those pictures were all taken from stange angles, so it’s hard to guess its size properly. Corgifall, could you maybe take a picture of somebody wearing it from the side?

Dec 23, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #101 of 905
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 23, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #102 of 905
Is this thing actually smaller than UTWS1? At the beginning I thought so, but after seeing some pictures of people wearing it on the Fiio page it looks bulkier than I expected. But those pictures were all taken from stange angles, so it’s hard to guess its size properly. Corgifall, could you maybe take a picture of somebody wearing it from the side?
I can’t get any pictures at the moment of it attached to someone’s head but I’ll provide pics of it next to the utws1 for reference. It’s a little bigger but feels much better build quality wise. Also cause of the easily adjustable ear hook it’s extremely comfortable. At the end of the day it will still look like you have a hearing aid or something latched to your head hahaha

A4E3FADA-559B-41A8-B6BE-F5BA0E3BEDD8.jpeg8CA4BF5F-310E-440F-8075-113F0E800BD7.jpegDC0B2C15-920B-4595-9B14-958CF2BBFB85.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #103 of 905
If it helps, I use the OE mmcx to 2 pin adapter and they fit the case just fine. I'll attach a pic of them inside the case. I used a non recessed 2 pin iem to show a "worst case" fit situation.
do you have another photo of this? I wonder how it looks when wearing with the mmcx to 2 pin adapter,

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #105 of 905
is the two pin version not out ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back