[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Dec 18, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #64 of 905
Looks like my local retailer will be carrying these and their shipment is on the way. Trying to get dates atm. Just ordered a pair of WG T-One's to upgrade from my KZ ZS10 Pro's... Slowly working my way up.

Dec 18, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #65 of 905
Yes,you are right,
1,There are three key definition styles in the APP for you to choose- as the photo shows below.

2,UTWS3 is available in two versions, 0.78 mm and MMCX, and as you know, it is difficult to have two of these interfaces on one machine

3,Also, I use UTWS3 a lot and the 5.5 hours of battery life for a single session is more than enough for me, after all I have to take them off during meals or meetings and put them in the charging case to recharge.
A Qualcomm 845+ phone with TWS+ support can last up to 7 hours, so that's even less of a problem!

4,The products need to be shipped to the Amazon warehouse before they start selling, expect to be available for purchase at the end of this month.

1: Great! I love that you can customize the control scheme for your own needs.

2. Oh, I thought one of the promotional picture indicated that you could swap out earhooks like on the TRN BTS20 Pro

3. Yes 5,5h is more then enough for a single session, however battery degradation is something no one can escape, 5.5 hours doesn't leave a lot of room. I think we all have had devices that's lost 20%+ over time.

4. Great! I'll buy them as soon as I see them on Amazon :D

Most platforms above Qualcomm 845 support TWS+.

That's not my experience sadly :/ I've had Samsungs and Google Pixel recently, none supported it and Samsung is one of the biggest players :frowning2:

You're correct that basically all newer Qualcomm SoC supports TWS+, but the OEM has to enable it as well, prob with a licence fee. Just like how many OEMs have chosen not to enable APTX Adaptive on their phones despite the SoC supporting it.

But I don't blame you, It's Qualcomm.

However this problem will be solved when we get Bluetooth LE audio :D

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #67 of 905
where to buy?
Looks like several are available for order on Aliexpress now... There is also a page now on Fiio's official website here if you want more information, but I think everything on there has already been posted in this thread already: https://www.fiio.com/utws3

Waiting to hear back from my local retailer so I can just pick up in store and throw my iem's on. Hopefully their shipment arrives early this week. :ksc75smile:

Dec 19, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #70 of 905
Don't get ahead of our selves. If there is an UTWS5, it is probably months if not year away.

Dec 20, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #71 of 905
Sweet. Put an order through on Aliexpress and bought the OE 2 pin to MMCX adapter to adapt to my AAW CIEMs. Keen. Should turn up in early Jan which is fine by me because of Christmas.

Dec 21, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #74 of 905
Placed an order with Hifigo, hopefully a good Christmas/New Year present. Planning to pair it with my UERR, please be good!

Dec 21, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #75 of 905
I wonder if it will be possible to retrofit Qi wireless charging. Does anyone have any good recommendations on type-C Qi receivers that might fit? This is the only feature missing for me! I prefer the design and app functionality of this over the alternative that includes a Qi wireless charging case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back