[FiiO UTWS3] True Wireless Bluetooth Module/MMCX/0.78 2pin/QCC3020/TPA6140A2/ Bluetooth 5.0
Jul 15, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #751 of 904
The connectors are considerably clean since it is not used often and there was a period of around 1 month that I left it unused, the issue did happen after updating to v.0.2.53, before updating, it didn't have that behavior... So unsure if it's a software issue or hardware one...

It seems to work sometimes when I wiggle the module in the case, but sometimes it would not even work so in the end, it does not charge

Thank you
According to the phenomenon you mentioned, it is more likely to be a hardware issue with the charging connector. You could contact the seller to see whether he could help first. If not, please contact us again via support@fiio.com. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 23, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #752 of 904
So I haven't used or open my UTSW3 for close to two days now. And this morning I woke up to find my phone connected to the headphones, although the case has been in the same place, unopened and untouched.

And I set my headphones to turn off after 5 minutes of standby.

This a case / hardware issue?

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #753 of 904
So I haven't used or open my UTSW3 for close to two days now. And this morning I woke up to find my phone connected to the headphones, although the case has been in the same place, unopened and untouched.

And I set my headphones to turn off after 5 minutes of standby.

This a case / hardware issue?

If the case's battery run out, then the headset themselves won't know they are still in the case (*the charging from the case tells them they are in the case) but instead will think they have been taken out, so they will initial connection to the smartphone.

This is common for most, if not all TWS IEM that has a battery charging case.

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #754 of 904
If the case's battery run out, then the headset themselves won't know they are still in the case (*the charging from the case tells them they are in the case) but instead will think they have been taken out, so they will initial connection to the smartphone.

This is common for most, if not all TWS IEM that has a battery charging case.
The case is not dead. I fully charged it like 2 days ago or 3 days. And there wasn't a red light.

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #755 of 904
The case is not dead. I fully charged it like 2 days ago or 3 days. And there wasn't a red light.
Then perhaps the charging pins in the case isn't making a very secured connection to the headset. Could be caused by dirt, sweat or skin oil.

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #757 of 904
Did anyone see the UTWS5 measurements on the FCC ID website? Not sure if it is allowed to discuss here, but the new one seems to be a bit bigger with wireless charging capability, and a golden Fiio accent.

Honestly, I was hoping the new ones would be smaller...

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #758 of 904
Did anyone see the UTWS5 measurements on the FCC ID website? Not sure if it is allowed to discuss here, but the new one seems to be a bit bigger with wireless charging capability, and a golden Fiio accent.

Nope. What are the measurements (vs the old)?

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #759 of 904

That's dissapointing, it's already quite big...Wish they'd release two versions, one for us with smaller/normal sized IEMs.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #760 of 904
Nope. What are the measurements (vs the old)?
Link
That's dissapointing, it's already quite big...Wish they'd release to versions, one for us with smaller/normal sized IEMs.
Me too. If they ended releasing these exact measurements, I might look for some Frankenstein way to move the whole module to a different case. It won't be as good as the factory build though. What a shame...

Perhaps we can hope for a smaller version after the UTWS5, maybe UTWS5 Pro or something?

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #761 of 904
Link

Me too. If they ended releasing these exact measurements, I might look for some Frankenstein way to move the whole module to a different case. It won't be as good as the factory build though. What a shame...

Perhaps we can hope for a smaller version after the UTWS5, maybe UTWS5 Pro or something?

Looks like about 105-110mm long x 85ish wide (approx. 4" x 3 1/4"). Height not sure, probably between 40-55mm.

Wish they made the earpieces sit side by side parallel instead of angled, then they could probably have gotten down to 60-70mm width.

Still smaller height wise than cases like the beats ear hook TWS or the mpow copies. They're huuuge (tall).

Overall a smaller case would be cool, I'd be using them with MMCX earbuds or smaller housing size IEMs.

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #762 of 904
Looks like about 105-110mm long x 85ish wide (approx. 4" x 3 1/4"). Height not sure, probably between 40-55mm.

Wish they made the earpieces sit side by side parallel instead of angled, then they could probably have gotten down to 60-70mm width.

Still smaller height wise than cases like the beats ear hook TWS or the mpow copies. They're huuuge (tall).

Overall a smaller case would be cool, I'd be using them with MMCX earbuds or smaller housing size IEMs.
Perhaps someone can try taking apart the module and fit the base + battery onto a 3D print case (or smaller plastic case). Cutting or filing down the storage space of the base should make a slimmer overall dimension.

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #763 of 904

You got a link to any info? Been really busy waiting for this I need Audio passthrough mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back