FiiO releases Android-based Lossless Portable Music Player M11 Pro!
Oct 2, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #31 of 96
I couldn't agree more on AliExpress being a horrible, horrible customer experience. I jumped through every hoop they asked. I like the intent that they want to prevent fraud, but just to make the purchase on a Platinum American Express they wanted pictures of the card (did that), they wanted pictures of my identification (did that , license and US Passport), they wanted a copy of my bank statement (WTH?) and I did that - sending just the first page....they kept asking for a picture of the card even though I uploaded it as 'further documentation' while the red HTML button to submit pictures of the card didn't work on their webpage in Chrome or IE...a lot of wasted time across days, then they simply closed my order and went out of stock...Awful experience.

I eventually pre-ordered on US Amazon for expected delivery October 16th. Sigh.

I understand the M11 Pro doesn't come with even the soft plastic protective case..wonder if the original M11 case fits and is available without an act of God.

Anyone know where you can actually buy an m11 pro, preferably in the USA?

Fiio said it would release this week, but I’ve spend hours trying to find one without success. The tool on fiio’s website (linked from the press release) to find agents is more or less useless. Aliexpress shows it, but gets stuck in the order process picking a color (there is only one option - why ask??). You can’t select it, in their app or website. Such a horrible customer experience. Lastly, the link in the press release for more information is bad; it results in a 404.

I’ve never worked so hard to give someone money.

re Bluetooth, the specs say 5.0 on the pro.

A

Oct 2, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #32 of 96
Fiio responded to me (I think via a support request) with the link to amazon. It’s sold directly by Fiio and fulfilled by Amazon. I swear I searched there first. I suspect because it wasn’t in stock it wasn’t showing me that option, or at least it wasn’t prioritized in the sort. I ordered it, and it has shipped expected to arrive tomorrow.

I ordered a case for the M11. It looks like the two have the same dimensions.

Oct 2, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #33 of 96
Oh, btw, it appears the pro may not have BT 5.0 after all. Fiio asked me to provide them links to where I saw 5.0 listed. I gave them several and they’ve since gone quiet. I suspect they planned to have 5.0 but a late production change has it using an older BT controller and they missed updating some of their marketing.

Oct 2, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #34 of 96
Please post the link to the listing on Amazon (US)? You say that you ordered and it's arriving tomorrow...? The only listing I saw on Amazon for the M11 Pro was the one Fiio pointed me to on FB Messenger in a response. It showed 'expected October 12-14th' when I ordered on 10/1...it now shows 'unavailable' even though yesterday it confirmed I'd receive it on October 16th.

upload_2019-10-2_13-30-8.png

Fiio responded to me (I think via a support request) with the link to amazon. It’s sold directly by Fiio and fulfilled by Amazon. I swear I searched there first. I suspect because it wasn’t in stock it wasn’t showing me that option, or at least it wasn’t prioritized in the sort. I ordered it, and it has shipped expected to arrive tomorrow.

I ordered a case for the M11. It looks like the two have the same dimensions.

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #37 of 96
Agreed....presumably they 'pre'-sold all of their first shipment. Mine still shows Expected Delivery October 16th..let us know if you really get yours tomorrow. Puzzling.

(BTW The $388.89 is because I used ~$300US in American Express points to cushion the financial blow

upload_2019-10-2_14-9-45.png

Oct 3, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #39 of 96
Very cool, congrats. Pretty disappointing here to have ordered the same item from the same Amazon seller via Amazon Prime and to wait 15 days for mine. Can you confirm their is no plastic case or protection provided? I think you said you ordered a case for yours? Have not seen that available on Amazon.

Oct 3, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #40 of 96
I likely just ordered it from Amazon sooner than you did, that’s all. Or it was available from my local distribution center, and not yours (I’m on the east coast).

Confirmed: no protection. I bought an overpriced fake leather one. The plastic case that comes with the M11 would appear to fit.

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #41 of 96
Interesting. Am on the East Coast US as well and ordered 10/1 after AliExpress wasted 6 days going back and forth demanding extreme documentation for the purchase.
Enjoy it...I have my HiBy R6 Pro and R5 for my upcoming 20 hour drive from PA to FL in a week....hopefully the M11 Pro will arrive when I return. Now back to loading FLAC files and DSDs onto both and creating playlists in Tidal for MASTER files where available.

Be interested to know what Micro SD Card you have selected? I have Samsung 512GB cards in the HiBy units so far.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #44 of 96
Just Received my FIIO M11 Pro October 5. When I connect the player to the computer and attempt to transfer files from Windows Media Player, the drive reads the location as Linux and with only 32 Mb of storage, but the internal memory has about 59 Gb. I then attempted to install the MTP driver but I receive a message box warning that the action was blocked by the Administrator for security reasons. ?

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #45 of 96
Just Received my FIIO M11 Pro October 5. When I connect the player to the computer and attempt to transfer files from Windows Media Player, the drive reads the location as Linux and with only 32 Mb of storage, but the internal memory has about 59 Gb. I then attempted to install the MTP driver but I receive a message box warning that the action was blocked by the Administrator for security reasons. ?

Are you using a Mac or a Windows machine?

If you’re trying to use the Fiio’s internal storage, use android file transfer. If you’re trying to use a microsd card, it’s arguably easier to connect the card to the computer directly and transfer the files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back