FiiO R7 All-In-One Desktop Android HiFi Music Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #977 of 1,100
@WianFiiO
Is there any long term issue running the R7 without any screensaver? I prefer to disable it so I have all the information on the screen all the time, but won't do it if there is a risk involved.
Thank you :)

Dec 23, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #978 of 1,100
@WianFiiO
Is there any long term issue running the R7 without any screensaver? I prefer to disable it so I have all the information on the screen all the time, but won't do it if there is a risk involved.
Thank you :)
I started to get screen burn, when I used the digital clock as the screen saver, I installed a burn in wiper and ran that several times, which fixed the issue. Hopefully @FiiO cam improve the R7 with a better screensaver option to prevent this

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #979 of 1,100
Doesn't it have an lcd screen? Why would there be screen burn-in problems? That is odd.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #980 of 1,100
Hum...

I think it takes time for the R7 to show up.

Or maybe it does not show up on Ethernet connection ?

There I waited a little and got it...

Let's see how it goes if I leave it to that gtunes music:)

Thanks for your help guys :wink:
I have recently been listening to this effort from CSNY, and it's not as bad as I have heard it described. It definitely sounds a bit lo-fi for this group, and there are some "demo-esque" sounds and feelings throughout. Despite the fact that it sounds a ittle forced and tired at times, I like a lot of it. I count at least 7-8 strong tunes, IMO, with a few pretty average and some not so hot. But overall, it's an enjoyable listen. It does come across as tattered and a little bit of a hodge-podge, but overall, thumbs up.

I especially like "Queen of Them All," "Looking Forward," "Dream for Him," "Slowpoke," "Faith in Me," "Out of Control," "Slowpoke," and "Someday Soon."

Any opinions?

Dec 23, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #981 of 1,100
I have recently been listening to this effort from CSNY, and it's not as bad as I have heard it described. It definitely sounds a bit lo-fi for this group, and there are some "demo-esque" sounds and feelings throughout. Despite the fact that it sounds a ittle forced and tired at times, I like a lot of it. I count at least 7-8 strong tunes, IMO, with a few pretty average and some not so hot. But overall, it's an enjoyable listen. It does come across as tattered and a little bit of a hodge-podge, but overall, thumbs up.

I especially like "Queen of Them All," "Looking Forward," "Dream for Him," "Slowpoke," "Faith in Me," "Out of Control," "Slowpoke," and "Someday Soon."

Any opinions?
No idea. Don't care.
This is not a music review thread.

Dec 23, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #982 of 1,100

Any opinions?
How is that an answer to my post ?

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #983 of 1,100
Hi,

Can you people confirm the following things :

1°) About Fiio Cast
Can you confirm that it does not work with Ethernet only and Wi-Fi disabled ?
Me, I can only connect "once" with the alternative QR Code method.
But, if I go back from that page, then I can not connect to the R7 anymore...
Anydesk works flawlessly though...

2°) About Ethernet connection
Can you guys confirm that assigning the R7 a fixed IP address does not work ?
Me I entered 192.168.1.16 as a fixed IP address.
There's nothing the like appearing on the network.
And when I connect to the R7 with QR Code as mentioned before, I get something like 192.168.1.221 as an IP address !

3°) About Fiio Music
If that app retrieves tracks over Streamer, the files only show up alphabetically and there is no way to change that order of appearance ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Jan 1, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #984 of 1,100
Hi,

Can you people confirm the following things :

1°) About Fiio Cast
Can you confirm that it does not work with Ethernet only and Wi-Fi disabled ?
Me, I can only connect "once" with the alternative QR Code method.
But, if I go back from that page, then I can not connect to the R7 anymore...
Anydesk works flawlessly though...

2°) About Ethernet connection
Can you guys confirm that assigning the R7 a fixed IP address does not work ?
Me I entered 192.168.1.16 as a fixed IP address.
There's nothing the like appearing on the network.
And when I connect to the R7 with QR Code as mentioned before, I get something like 192.168.1.221 as an IP address !

3°) About Fiio Music
If that app retrieves tracks over Streamer, the files only show up alphabetically and there is no way to change that order of appearance ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Dear friend,
But, if I go back from that page, then I can not connect to the R7 anymore--Which page? The page with QR codec? If you are convenient, please show us a small video so we could understand your operation better. Thanks in advanced!

2°) About Ethernet connection--All the internet connection fails to work in R7 or just the FiiO Cast problem?

If that app retrieves tracks over Streamer--If you mean the sereaching page, only alphabetically sorting is supported currently. What sorting order would you like to add?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 2, 2024 at 3:18 AM Post #985 of 1,100
Dear friend,
But, if I go back from that page, then I can not connect to the R7 anymore--Which page? The page with QR codec? If you are convenient, please show us a small video so we could understand your operation better. Thanks in advanced!

2°) About Ethernet connection--All the internet connection fails to work in R7 or just the FiiO Cast problem?

If that app retrieves tracks over Streamer--If you mean the sereaching page, only alphabetically sorting is supported currently. What sorting order would you like to add?

Best regards
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

And of course, I wish you and all participants in this thread a super happy new year 2024 (not sure it is something you celebrate in China as I heard you have your own New Year, which, as I understand it, is quite a huge reason to celebrate :xf_cool: ).

1°) It is simple, as soon as I exit the page that shows the connection to the R7, I can not connect to the R7 anymore. That includes going back to the previous page in Fiio Control app of exiting Fiio Control and launch it back. If needed, I'll make a small screen capture

2°) Everything works with internet except Fiio Cast :frowning2:

3°) Well, I think by track number would be tfine to begin with :) For an opera, a live album or a concept album, alphabetical listing simply does not work :)

Thanks a lot for your consideration. The support provided makes me believe it was a good thing to buy the R7 even though I will probably tradi it for a R9 when the R9 is available here in France :xf_cool:

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #986 of 1,100
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

And of course, I wish you and all participants in this thread a super happy new year 2024 (not sure it is something you celebrate in China as I heard you have your own New Year, which, as I understand it, is quite a huge reason to celebrate :xf_cool: ).

1°) It is simple, as soon as I exit the page that shows the connection to the R7, I can not connect to the R7 anymore. That includes going back to the previous page in Fiio Control app of exiting Fiio Control and launch it back. If needed, I'll make a small screen capture

2°) Everything works with internet except Fiio Cast :frowning2:

3°) Well, I think by track number would be tfine to begin with :) For an opera, a live album or a concept album, alphabetical listing simply does not work :)

Thanks a lot for your consideration. The support provided makes me believe it was a good thing to buy the R7 even though I will probably tradi it for a R9 when the R9 is available here in France :xf_cool:
Dear friend,

Yes, if you are convenient, please take a small video to us for check.
Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 4, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #988 of 1,100
@FiiO any assistance here please?
Hi,
Not from Fiio but I have the R7 and the RM3 remote control.
I also noticed that the RM3 does not reconnect to the R7 if it is rebooted.
So I thought I would need to go through the whole pairing process over and over again each timle I power off the R7.
But that is not the case.
If you just long press the "power" button on the RM3 for 3/4 seconds, it will automatically re-pair to the R7.
Of course not as straightforward as an automatic re-connection, but not a real problem to me...

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #989 of 1,100
Hi,
Not from Fiio but I have the R7 and the RM3 remote control.
I also noticed that the RM3 does not reconnect to the R7 if it is rebooted.
So I thought I would need to go through the whole pairing process over and over again each timle I power off the R7.
But that is not the case.
If you just long press the "power" button on the RM3 for 3/4 seconds, it will automatically re-pair to the R7.
Of course not as straightforward as an automatic re-connection, but not a real problem to me...
Lucky you!
The rm3 is utterly useless. It shows as previously paired but totally fails to connect. Removing and repairing fails totally.
I'm glad I got it from Ali express for 10 euro and didn't pay the 35 euro the distributor demands here in Europe.

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #990 of 1,100
Lucky you!
The rm3 is utterly useless. It shows as previously paired but totally fails to connect. Removing and repairing fails totally.
I'm glad I got it from Ali express for 10 euro and didn't pay the 35 euro the distributor demands here in Europe.
Hi,

Weird, here it reconnects instantly after powering off the R7 as soon as you long press the upper left button.

Maybe I'm lucky ?

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back