FiiO R7 All-In-One Desktop Android HiFi Music Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #1,008 of 1,107
Hi,
Install Bubble UPnP on the Fiio R7 and enable it as a renderer as I said in the previous post.

Once done you can install Bubble UPnP on your phone.
Or any other app that can stream from Qobuz (Bubble UPnP, mConnect or UAPP) and select Bubble UPnP as a renderer.
You will be able to playback Qobuz to your fiio R7...

You can achieve the same result with UAPP enabled as a renderer :)

That way, the R7 is really a fantastic machine !
Forgive my ignorance, but why do all of this instead of just installing the Qubuz app on the R7 and use that?

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #1,010 of 1,107
Hi,

No ignorance there.
But if you do that you'll have to do it all from R7 display.
That is a way to remote control the R7 with your phone.
Regards
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense.
I do use the cast function a lot, if I'm on my phone while listening, works pretty good here.

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #1,013 of 1,107
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense.
I do use the cast function a lot, if I'm on my phone while listening, works pretty good here.
Hi,
Yes that is another option.
But for me, Fiio cast is not reliable over Ethernet.
And anydesk is also quite unreliable because you can not reconnect automatically...
So for me that is the most convenient way to do it
But we may have different expectations so casting is another option...

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #1,016 of 1,107
Hello there!

I'm looking for Subwoofer recommendations to connect to my R7 + SP3 setup! Currently, I'm running the SP3 + an Edifier T5 subwoofer, through RCA, with signal coming from the R7. But I feel like the Edifier T5 that I use isn't a suitable pair for the SP3. Thus, I'm looking for options. Previously I came across a photo of a R7 connectivity diagram (shared by someone from Fiio, on a forum) that is showing Swan's subwoofer. Unfortunately that subwoofer isn't available in the country I currently live in.

But yes, in short, I'm looking for subwoofers that would be a good match for the SP3. Thanks in advance!

Jan 8, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #1,018 of 1,107
What makes you feel like you're current subwoofer doesn't match your speakers ?
Well, I'm totally new to speakers. So I could be imagining things. And I apologise for the newbie terms that might confuse you.

I feel like the mid-lower bass is very muddy. It lacks the rumble I'm more familiar in Homepods (not the minis). It also lacks the snappiness/kicks. This occurred earlier to me, would even changing subs would get me closer to the HomePod's bass response? Especially for the price range, or size of the Edifier T5 to AudioEngine S8?

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #1,019 of 1,107
Hi,
You have to enable it as a renderer.
Go to settings
The local and cloud
Then UPnP and DLNA settings
There enable show on lan

I think this is how it's done
I have done it. Amazing, I didn't know!!!
This trick adds extra value to both R7 and R9. Now I can stream from my chair without the need to reach for the device or use the sluggish FiiO cast.

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #1,020 of 1,107
I have done it. Amazing, I didn't know!!!
This trick adds extra value to both R7 and R9. Now I can stream from my chair without the need to reach for the device or use the sluggish FiiO cast.
Hi,

Yes, that is exactly what I am thinking : that makes the R7 (and probably the R9) an amazing value.
The good thing in the R7 is that it uses real Android with Play Store so that Fiio allows us to install whatever apps we want/need.
If they keep their promise to upgrade to Android 12, it will be a fantastic "future proof" upgrade...

You ask me, the R7 (probably R9) with the now systemwide EQ enabled and ability to install all third-party software needed is the device that offers about the most features that we can desire.

My only regret on the R7 is the somewhat "thin" sound...
That's why I am waiting for your review of R9 : if the sound is more "full" it's going to be a winner/keeper for me !!!!

Regards from France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back