FiiO R7 All-In-One Desktop Android HiFi Music Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #376 of 1,107
Good news that UK stock is arriving now. Haven't had my dispatch notice from OTIC yet, but like yourself hopefully will be early next week for delivery.
I picked mine in a France boutique this afternoon

Apr 6, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #380 of 1,107
Gutted to hear about your job situation, do you have anything else lined up? Don't worry, one day the R7 will be yours 👍
Hope you will be able to get the R9 later
Hi,

Yes, it has arrived in France yesterday.

But unfortunately, one of my employers just fired me... I'll have to pass for the time being :frowning2:

Regards.
I am sorry to hear that. We all had setbacks before, best wishes for your next job.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #381 of 1,107
Awesome news dude, glad to hear more countries are receiving their stock. Have you set it up yet?
Yes, I have set it up withy Google account ...I like the sound (Amazon music hd), use it with headphones...but I will have to compare it with my older amp later.
Android experience is mostly ok but some android specific features (cast display,smartlock with localisation, wavelet -cannot select any headphone but might be user error) do not work.
I like the design, it's also lighter than I thought.

I have connected a mouse and a monitor to it via usb-c to hdmi..

I might get the fiio remote later or something compatible..maybe there's an android app that can be used as a remote.

Since it s not to big...I will look for a headphone stand that can integrate with the R7

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #382 of 1,107
I have connected a mouse and a monitor to it via usb-c to hdmi..

Hi, Is it possible for user who connect mouse and USB-C monitor beforehand can use the R7 without using the inbuilt screen ? Like think if there is no screen at all in the R7…..Possible ?

I gather that Setup the unit for the first time require to use default screen - but after that - Just Regular Music Playback, No video watching or anything.

Hope I’m able to explain my query properly.

Apr 7, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #385 of 1,107
Love the devices...

OBxwCD9.jpg

Apr 7, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #386 of 1,107
You have to write the name of the headphone manufacturer then minimize the keyboard. A selection of the headphones appears.
Damn, it worked lol, yeah...I did not even think of minimizing the keyboard.
Many thanks :)

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #387 of 1,107
Hi, Is it possible for user who connect mouse and USB-C monitor beforehand can use the R7 without using the inbuilt screen ? Like think if there is no screen at all in the R7…..Possible ?
I can only give you my 2 thoughs (I might be wrong) for a wired connection via usb-c
Fact :
You can either mirror,/duplicate the built -in screen monitor or have 2 separates screen by forcing Android Desktop Mode in developper options
The screen of the Fiio R7 is LED not oled , so you cannot turn it off (by putting a black image) without turning off the external monitor.
But yeah you can use the external monitor without using the built in one.
Output quality is ok (it can play Amazon prime video but in low low quality probably because of Widevine/ DRM issues or low resolution display of internal screen) but it can play YouTube or Local file video in 1080p and even 4k...
Damn, it worked lol, yeah...I did not even think of minimizing the keyboard.
Many thanks :)

Love the devices...

OBxwCD9.jpg
Damn the keyboard and remote are tempting...I LL come back to post my setup when it s finalized or more advanced

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #388 of 1,107
I'm thinking this might be good to replace my bedside setup. Currently I have a Mac Mini (2018) with a Lotoo Paw S1 and a USB powered alarm clock.

For music playback this will work and it looks like video playback is also fine, but to replace my alarm clock I'd need to leave it on 24/7. Does anyone know if it is ok to leave it on all the time?

Also, I'm thinking about getting a LPS for it. So are LPS's ok to be left on? I've seen earlier in this Thread that Fiio said the turn off the PL50 when not in use, but as I want to use the clock I need to leave it on, so if I get the PL50 can I just leave it on?

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #389 of 1,107
I'm thinking this might be good to replace my bedside setup. Currently I have a Mac Mini (2018) with a Lotoo Paw S1 and a USB powered alarm clock.

For music playback this will work and it looks like video playback is also fine, but to replace my alarm clock I'd need to leave it on 24/7. Does anyone know if it is ok to leave it on all the time?

Also, I'm thinking about getting a LPS for it. So are LPS's ok to be left on? I've seen earlier in this Thread that Fiio said the turn off the PL50 when not in use, but as I want to use the clock I need to leave it on, so if I get the PL50 can I just leave it on?
Hi, I don't think you will get much value with connecting the external Pl50 power supply .
Also I found Fioo R7 consumes 0.7W ! On AC even with power switch button at the back OFF and 1.8W when on and idle..(screen on or off)..
For the PL50 you can always buy it later anyway...you can also plug your usb alarm clock to the fiio R7

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #390 of 1,107

Special for beside situation!
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back