[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 26, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #1,651 of 3,226
Yes stuff like that drives me crazy, but I'm getting better at living with little dings :wink: I swear mine had that out of the box. I like the looks of the new daps with front and back glass, but from a practical standpoint, the rubberized fake leather back is really nice.

Like zx300 and the flagship Sonys. And of course q5s.
I agree, other DAP manufacturers should consider doing it as well because with a glass back not only is it prone to scratching but it can easily slide around the table, not the case with fake leather though :)

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #1,654 of 3,226
Bummer, my bad, you did mention that. Have you been able to try another cable?
Yes I tried another OTG cable and no clicks and pops. But that back=charges. I am thinking of this DD-Cable as it is better not being right angled to get in the way of 4.4mm jack.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32961440975.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.48ef3c00iS2hx7&mp=1

U5746029dad394fcda0ed2d61eb268275u.jpg

There is a Shanling cable too. But don't know whether it prevents back-charging!

HTB1dnqwRVXXXXcFapXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #1,655 of 3,226
The programm is called fiio control center ?
Hi,
On my PC when I installed the FiiO drivers there is a little application that lives as a hidden icon on my task bar. That allows you to change a few configuration settings, one being the buffer.

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #1,656 of 3,226
Hi,
On my PC when I installed the FiiO drivers there is a little application that lives as a hidden icon on my task bar. That allows you to change a few configuration settings, one being the buffer.
Yea i forced it to 32bit 38400khz... Now i can see notes when listening and taste music...

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #1,657 of 3,226
Clicks and pops seems to be Galaxy S10 + specific. I have used the same cable with my outgoing Galaxy Tab S3. It sounds so good with Tidal HIFI. Very clean using UAPP. I wonder what should be the issue with Galaxy S10+???? )-:

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #1,658 of 3,226
Clicks and pops seems to be Galaxy S10 + specific. I have used the same cable with my outgoing Galaxy Tab S3. It sounds so good with Tidal HIFI. Very clean using UAPP. I wonder what should be the issue with Galaxy S10+???? )-:
I had clicks and pops whit my dm6 on alot of sources maybe its your iem ? Is it a very sensitive one ?

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #1,659 of 3,226
I had clicks and pops whit my dm6 on alot of sources maybe its your iem ? Is it a very sensitive one ?
It's Westone W80. I used same IEM for both set ups. Only Galaxy S10+ gave me issues.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #1,660 of 3,226
The aluminium casing on the Q5s is as soft as butter. Found another nick, and I trying to take great care. Given what the Q5s is made for I would have thought a stronger casing would have been helpful. I did not have the Q5, so not sure if this is a problem with the Q5. I have a feeling that the nicks might be coming from the DD case. It's very tight and I guess that if a bit of dust got in the case it could create the nicks, this would be the same kind of think that happened with a iPod I have years ago.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #1,661 of 3,226
Well, I have now tried with the Fiio Music App and I experienced the same behavior as what you have reported: the BT Control would display the BT status screen briefly and then got disconnected and the status screen would be gone. Multiple attempts resulted in the same behavior. This with my iPhone 8 plus. It looks like Fiio needs to update their app to fix this bug.

And mine is working perfectly through BT so it might not be a FiiO bug! iPhone 7+ with iOS 13 beta.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #1,662 of 3,226
The aluminium casing on the Q5s is as soft as butter. Found another nick, and I trying to take great care. Given what the Q5s is made for I would have thought a stronger casing would have been helpful. I did not have the Q5, so not sure if this is a problem with the Q5. I have a feeling that the nicks might be coming from the DD case. It's very tight and I guess that if a bit of dust got in the case it could create the nicks, this would be the same kind of think that happened with a iPod I have years ago.

Stronger may mean less able to dissipate the heat, more expensive to machine and more expensive to buy!. It's a pocketable device - not an ornament!

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #1,663 of 3,226
Stronger may mean less able to dissipate the heat, more expensive to machine and more expensive to buy!. It's a pocketable device - not an ornament!
I understand its use. What I am questioning is FiiO's use of the term intelligent design, would part of intelligent design be robustness of pocket use, but then as I type this I am aware that intelligent design does not means having intelligence of the practical use. Such as the intelligent design that creates a phone so slim it bends when in a pocket. Also, I might take issue with the idea of ornament v use. FiiO's video of the Q5s showed it lines and curves just like a car, so it was presented as an aesthetic designed item, it was meant to generate emotional realism. Psychologically it was offered as desirable. it had to be, as it was not possible to demonstrate its sound. So, in truth, initially, it was offered as ornamentation over use.

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #1,664 of 3,226
I did not get any answer but it may fall into spam folder and now it is deleted. Can you resend it again? Would be interesting what was the problem.
But I solved our problem with Q1mkII myself by returning it to local dealer for replacement. After a month I got replacement and found it does not play at all, all outputs were quiet. So I returned it again and then received 3rd piece. And it has big selfdischarging now after 1 year. We discussed it here but I stopped because I did not have energy to continue.

So I will ask you here again - is batery in Q1mkII and Q5s replaceable? If it is then can you send me battery replacement for my Q1mk2?

Those file are huge - not possible by email. I can upload somewhere. Where?

But your developers can do it themselves, they can convert DSD file to PCM/FLAC also for instance in Foobar2000 in Windows. Or get some album in DSD and the same in CD/FLAC and you will hear channels are reversed.
Dear friend,

Yes. We tested and we also sent the file we use for testing to you via email. Did you receive because we fail to get your reply from email. I will try to send again via PM.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 27, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #1,665 of 3,226
@FiiO
I had your email in spam. But I got it and tried.Of course the problem is there L track play in R channel and R track plays in L channel when output is Native DSD. It is correct when playing it in DSD to PCM mode. This behaviour is player independent and reversed channels are also in your FiioMucic app.

Some days ago I wrote you exact plan how to check it here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...pdif-line-input.902614/page-105#post-15141390

I will repeat it once more again:
Another possibility how to check is with Fiio Music android application. You can do it with ANY DSD track you have. No need to upload anything.

1. Play any DSD track on PC or elswhere.
2. Note positions what is on the left and on the right.
3. Play the same DSD track in FiioMusic - USB output Native settings
4. You hear channels are reversed
5. Switch USB output to DoP DSD over PCM.
6. Channels are still reversed.
7. Switch USB Output to D2P DSD to PCM conversion.
8. Channels are correct.

You can do this also with any other players which support DSD and switching DSD mode.
DSD bitstream is sent to wrong channels, PCM bitstream is sent correctly.

Other users also confirmed this really big bug. AND IT PLAYS CORRECTLY IN YOUR OWN Q1MKII. If you dont understand my test case then play the same files in both Q5s and Q1mkII.
It would be good to correct this stupid bug until info about it will spread over the net.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back