[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 26, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #1,636 of 3,226
Last time I tried it It did not work. Have you got to enable anything specific in the settings?
I selected usb on the device then plugged in and let music play from uapp

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #1,637 of 3,226
I selected usb on the device then plugged in and let music play from uapp
Thank you. Any specific changes to be done in the UAPP settings and drivers for better quality audio? I am gonna try Tidal HIFI with UAPP and Q5S.

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #1,639 of 3,226
Are there already new firmwares or bluetooth chip firmwares for the q5s. I got the one from the first batch

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #1,641 of 3,226
Q5S connected to my S10+ gives clicks and pops! UAPP or Neutron. Even when player is not running it clicks and pops! )-:

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #1,642 of 3,226
Q5S connected to my S10+ gives clicks and pops! UAPP or Neutron. Even when player is not running it clicks and pops! )-:
Look at buffer settings. I know that on my PC with JRiver Media Center and the Q5s I had a great deal of clicks and pops, but they were completely eliminated by playing around with the FiiO Control Center buffer settings, and the buffer settings in JRiver.

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #1,643 of 3,226
Look at buffer settings. I know that on my PC with JRiver Media Center and the Q5s I had a great deal of clicks and pops, but they were completely eliminated by playing around with the FiiO Control Center buffer settings, and the buffer settings in JRiver.
Thanks But even without a player app connected it pops. I guess it is the cable? FIIO CL06 cable!

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #1,644 of 3,226
Fiio control center ? Buffer lenght ? WHERE

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #1,645 of 3,226
Fiio control center ? Buffer lenght ? WHERE
On my PC, that is why I mentioned it. I am not sure if there are buffer settings with the other apps, but I thought it worth mentioning. When I have researched this rather common problem, clicks and pops with DACs my research revealed that buffer issues are the most common culprit and in my case they absolutely were the problem. That is the only reason I mentioned it at all, hoping that it might be the issue for the OP.

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #1,646 of 3,226
Thanks But even without a player app connected it pops. I guess it is the cable? FIIO CL06 cable!
Bummer, my bad, you did mention that. Have you been able to try another cable?

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #1,647 of 3,226
On my PC, that is why I mentioned it. I am not sure if there are buffer settings with the other apps, but I thought it worth mentioning. When I have researched this rather common problem, clicks and pops with DACs my research revealed that buffer issues are the most common culprit and in my case they absolutely were the problem. That is the only reason I mentioned it at all, hoping that it might be the issue for the OP.
The programm is called fiio control center ?

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #1,648 of 3,226
I've got a small nick in the same place- right above the beveled shiny corner part. Aluminum is relatively soft so it can easily happen. Doesn't bug me much as you have to have have the right angle just right to even notice it.
Yes it very difficult to see and I think it may have been made from missing putting the line in cable. The aluminium is very soft. Still I would not want to send more time looking at the nick, I did get the Q5s to play music. :)

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #1,649 of 3,226
20190826_195119.jpg

What if i put it all the way up or the buffer rates will that be saved even for my phone

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,650 of 3,226
Yes it very difficult to see and I think it may have been made from missing putting the line in cable. The aluminium is very soft. Still I would not want to send more time looking at the nick, I did get the Q5s to play music. :)

Yes stuff like that drives me crazy, but I'm getting better at living with little dings :wink: I swear mine had that out of the box. I like the looks of the new daps with front and back glass, but from a practical standpoint, the rubberized fake leather back is really nice.

Like zx300 and the flagship Sonys. And of course q5s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back