[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 3, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #886 of 3,226
I am excited about its LDAC codec capability. Having 32/96 quality LDAC stream makes a big difference. I already have Sony WM1A, which connects through LDAC and upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (No headphone out) supports it too. It is nice to have a device, which connects wireless, when you don't want clutter of cables specially you are on the go to play lossless FLAC music up to the quality of 32/96. I do not care much about DSD as I can not discern much difference of sound quality specially on the move! (-:
In fact LDAC Bluetooth was one of the main reasons, I choose it as my mobile DAC/AMP combo though I already have excellent IFI IDSD BL.

True true !
For portable rig I don't even use high res files, mostly streaming from Tidal/Spotify.

As portable rig should be for lite and simple casual listening (Mostly EDM and POP), living in Singapore an immensely populated country, I can never have the peace to have any serious listening on the go.
So the next best solution would be an IEM with good sound isolation and a dac/amp that streams acceptable bit-rate songs.

While i'm at home listening to Vocals / Jazz / Acoustic i can use my headphones for that.

I have seen people carrying big AMPS/DACS and stuff around just for portable usage. I mean come on.. why
trouble yourself and look like a nerd hahaha.

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #887 of 3,226
Is this the module that has the THX on it everyone has been waiting for? If I win, I won't purchase that Monolith Portable with the THX on it.
No, the THX module is the AM3D, but the AM3E is no slouch.

Aug 4, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #888 of 3,226
Trying to decide between the Q5S v/s waiting for the M11 Pro. Suggestions?
The question is if you prefer a DAP or a DAC/AMP. There are pros and cons to both but I find the DAC/AMP solution more felxible and future-proof. The price of the M11 Pro will also be double...

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #889 of 3,226
Scammers are quick on the UK's amazon: https://amzn.to/2YKY2tG
'Hww storefront Just launched No feedback yet'
I wonder how those people actually profit from their fraud, because amazon should refund the buyer?

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #890 of 3,226
Currawong posted in the other thread about his take on Q5S. I guess when it comes to sound quality of DACs and amps, all manufacturers are achieving kind of best sound quality currently. Discernible changes are mostly due to coloration of sound by design, if at all. Most of the times it boils down to addition of extra features make these devices popular and attractive. We probably see this with Q5S. It has few more features up the sleeve against Q5. Improved Bluetooth codec support is the major one and AM3D module may give slight edge. However so far what I have read shows AM3E is right up there with more connectivity options.
Source please?

Aug 4, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #891 of 3,226
Scammers are quick on the UK's amazon: https://amzn.to/2YKY2tG
'Hww storefront Just launched No feedback yet'
I wonder how those people actually profit from their fraud, because amazon should refund the buyer?
It might be worth giving advanced mp3 players a ring, they are showing not in stock but my guess is that they will have stock next week. As they are official FiiO stockist, and are tagged by Fiio. I would expect FiiO to have let me know when they can expect stock.

Aug 4, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #892 of 3,226
Aug 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #893 of 3,226
The q5s still deloads my phones accu. Even when i disable it in the settings

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #897 of 3,226
The question is if you prefer a DAP or a DAC/AMP. There are pros and cons to both but I find the DAC/AMP solution more felxible and future-proof. The price of the M11 Pro will also be double...
I dont see any particular advantage of a amp/dac unless you are doing an office job with PC on all the time, my mojo did not see much action where my daps are in use even at home, maybe it is just me

Aug 4, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #898 of 3,226
I dont see any particular advantage of a amp/dac unless you are doing an office job with PC on all the time, my mojo did not see much action where my daps are in use even at home, maybe it is just me
With a DAC/AMP that supports Bluetooth the advantage is that you can use it portable without stacking and the BT quality is excellent. And using a phone with the DAC/AMP gives you more flexibility in terms of apps used for playing music, although recent DAPs are catching up in terms of software, when I had my X5III the software experience was bad, with lots of issues, so I gave up using DAPs. Also, when I had my DAP I still needed to carry 2 devices (phone and DAP) so no difference in terms of convenience.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #900 of 3,226
With a DAC/AMP that supports Bluetooth the advantage is that you can use it portable without stacking and the BT quality is excellent. And using a phone with the DAC/AMP gives you more flexibility in terms of apps used for playing music, although recent DAPs are catching up in terms of software, when I had my X5III the software experience was bad, with lots of issues, so I gave up using DAPs. Also, when I had my DAP I still needed to carry 2 devices (phone and DAP) so no difference in terms of convenience.
All the things that m11 can do i guess, BT, streaming etc and the phone is being problematic with battery life and storage as well if you are ios guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back