[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 3, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #856 of 3,226
Fast update...

For portable on the go usage:
FIIO Q5S ANDRO.jpg
IPHONE X Bluetooth > Q5S Balanced 2.2mm Out > Campfire Andromeda

I prefer Bluetooth connection to wired as wires are SUPER ANNOYING.
Imagine carrying a Phone plus Q5S in a bundle with cables inbetween. To me that is just a big NO NO as when i travel i'm pretty
rough with my gears.
So with Q5S my Phone is TOTALLY free from wires and at the same time having the audio fidelity to drive my Campfire Andromeda and that beats having a separate DAP!

Will compare it to my other gears tomorrow, right now i'm really happy to own it as my Campfire Andromeda is finally portable again!

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #857 of 3,226
Interestingly Q5s is $349.99 on the US amazon now. It was $319 if I remember correctly.
It's in stock now and you can buy it directly.
Still there is no UK shipping. What is going on UK amazon?
Perhaps FiiO is just doing a staggered roll out of available stock to the various markets and possibly from a sales perspective past data has shown them the US and Asian markets are their key markets so they stock them first? I am speculating here, but clearly there would be some kind of concrete reason for the delay in stocking the UK Amazon store. I can't imagine that will last long, the UK and Europe is a very significant market and will not be ignored. Sorry for the delay and hopefully when you are able to order it is worth the wait.

I am certainly extremely pleased to this point and tonight I will be putting the AM3D module on and giving that combination a test spin. Cheers.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #858 of 3,226
Fast update...

For portable on the go usage:

IPHONE X Bluetooth > Q5S Balanced 2.2mm Out > Campfire Andromeda

I prefer Bluetooth connection to wired as wires are SUPER ANNOYING.
Imagine carrying a Phone plus Q5S in a bundle with cables inbetween. To me that is just a big NO NO as when i travel i'm pretty
rough with my gears.
So with Q5S my Phone is TOTALLY free from wires and at the same time having the audio fidelity to drive my Campfire Andromeda and that beats having a separate DAP!

Will compare it to my other gears tomorrow, right now i'm really happy to own it as my Campfire Andromeda is finally portable again!
Sweet, the Bluetooth is excellent I find. How are you finding the sound quality using Bluetooth?

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #861 of 3,226
Q5S should also include a module to replace the dacs in the future. It seems that ability has been proven.

Having more options is a good thing.
True, but aren't we already at the point with DACs such as the Q5s has that we can't really improve anything audible? We can improve on super sensitive measurement performance, but that doesn't mean we can hear these things.

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #862 of 3,226
Kinda strange... I imagine cables don't just "stop working" if you don't do anything physical to them. Maybe it was your connected gear that was faulty.
FiiO cables are far from TOTL because they don't cost an arm and a leg. They're just decent quality. I don't think you need more when it comes to cables.
Um and... your comma key might be broken.
Kinda , after spend over 140 usd for FIIO cables ,,,,,,,,kinda confident i`m ,,,,,they are TRASH.Do not force me to make pictures & post here everyone to see how exact looks like their RC MMCX after 3m use ........

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #865 of 3,226
Kinda , after spend over 140 usd for FIIO cables ,,,,,,,,kinda confident i`m ,,,,,they are TRASH.Do not force me to make pictures & post here everyone to see how exact looks like their RC MMCX after 3m use ........
Ahh... MMCX connectors, that's another story - they can be problematic. Sorry for your bad experience.
In case of the USB cables that I posted, they're perfectly fine.

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #866 of 3,226
What's the recommended substitute?
Depending what you need .
MMCX SE 3.5 - i did replaced with ADL iHP-35----pain relief that cable is , joy to use . Original cable inc in box 3.5 was disaster , left side MMXC disconnected any time . 2.5 was approximately stable if not detach itself .
Fiio L27 - stop working after 3m-----according to FIIO reply - cable problem / do not want to post quotes from their emai/ - replaced with Furutec MPS and custom WM cable .
3.5 -3.5 - stop working just few times used less than 2m . Connection with my JBL - replaced with Furutech 3.5

Fiio Q1 MKII - cable get loose after about 7m use .Replaced also

The only cable i have from FIIO and work good is L17 /14m now / , the rest are garbage .
Better spend on proper cables it is cheaper , rather FIIO

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #868 of 3,226
Ahh... MMCX connectors, that's another story - they can be problematic. Sorry for your bad experience.
In case of the USB cables that I posted, they're perfectly fine.
When put something for sale & ask for people's money , provide good enough product without problems for at least 2yrs . Don't care excuses . i did pay price they ask for . On top of their products , which suppose to comes with excellent cable , i did pay for extra over 200 usd . just for proper cables . Don't want to mention problems i have with Q1 mkII after 14m of use. FIIO have problem with their QC test product , BTW , USB cable incl Q1 MKII disconnected casual as well,,,In my package ,,,,dunno ,,i m cursed or not ,,,,,,,,i have 9 FIIO product 7 of them with problems .
Time waiting + price replacement + delivery = better spend on proper company rather some cheap one . not worth that gambling quality game

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #869 of 3,226
Do they have cases with belt clips for the Q5 or Q5s? Looking for an upgrade to my BTR3, but want to be able to clip it somewhere.

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #870 of 3,226
For those who've already gotten ahold of the Q5s, how does it sound? Really curious as to how it compares with the M11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back