[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 5, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #916 of 3,226
Yes, the settings are stored inside the unit and always operate, they are only accessed via the FiiO app.
The mesh bag is meant for storage or transportation with the unit turned off. Of course it will heat more if you block heat dissipation. If you want protection during use it is better to use the leather case which has more open spaces.

Thanks for that reply. I assumed they would be stored on the device.

As for the case I have one on the way already. They seem to be sold out in most places but managed to find one eventually.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #917 of 3,226
hi everybody, which amp do you recommend for the Q5s to be on par with DX208?

Aug 5, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #919 of 3,226
I had the Q5 but sold it due to lack of aptX HD. Looks like Q5S will be the way to go now especially since I switched to a phone without a headphone jack. Wish it could transmit Bluetooth audio as well though.

Aug 5, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #920 of 3,226
I have been a fan of Fiio since their first headphone amp - a plastic thingy acting as an amp/bass boost with no volume control called the E3 - in fact my first introduction to an amp (around 2007/2008) and Fiio's most important first product if i'm not mistaken :thumbsup:. I have bought a few amps and dac plus 1 dap from Fiio since but unfortunately I can't afford the Q5s :disappointed:. Personnally I find its their most drool-worthy product right now :pray:.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #921 of 3,226
Honestly I feel like people on this post are so much further ahead in terms of how far are they in to this hobby, and I'm sitting here listening to my 99 noirs and tin t2s from my phone or a30/d30 stack

Hahaha
Be happy you can save tonnes of money =)

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #924 of 3,226
Seriously. Come Hell or High Water, wired components will ALWAYS sound the best! So take away my headphone jack, make any source device as thin as a credit card, fine, but I will ALWAYS prefer USB-C (or USB to whatever) OTG to route my audio. Unfiltered as possible in true 32 or 64bit to my ears.192 gHz or 320 gHz, fine.The facts are in, they've been in, for quite some time now, sq is truly best enjoyed unfiltered and direct. True separation, wide soundstage, quiet noise floor, airiness, blackest background and many more wired attributes can be unaltered for many reasons. There is absolute truth regarding why cerain DAP's do not allow the user to change settings for MQA and other high bit perfect sources. Heck, to argue that the artist wants his/her music to be played back as THEY INTENDED IT TO BE.
And that's my audiophile proven take on playback. Not SUPER ANNOYING, just factual. Plug source A in to playback device B. Maybe an additional amp aling the way too. That's it, your done. Is that really SUPER ANNOYING? I think not. Managing a quality bluetooth LDAC or at the very least an AptX connection, recharging batteries, syncing, sorting, syncing again and adjusting. That's SUPER ANNOYING. Not a simple balanced cable from point A to B. I really enjoy my audio to sound as close to that as the artist intended. Is that really asking for too much? I don't think so.
Full disclosure: I love my modern-day ****-mastered EDM and pop tracks. Yeah, maybe the big part is the storage consumption quandary. I feel like I'd be missing out on quality if I didn't go at very least 320kbps, but at that storage cost, it's hard. As much as Linus loves his blanket himself does, but it doesn't mean we can't also appreciate real music mastered back in the days when you had to listen for the faint sound of the strings in a hard rock song just to enjoy them.

Perhaps the bigger issue is the storage consumption. I feel like I'd be missing out on quality if I didn't go 320kbps but at that storage cost, it can be hard.
Playing FLAC files through balanced output of my Sony NW-ZX300 via bluetooth receiver is as good as wired, in my opinion, & has zero latency with DAP’s & iPad Air3.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #925 of 3,226
I have been a fan of Fiio since their first headphone amp - a plastic thingy acting as an amp/bass boost with no volume control called the E3 - in fact my first introduction to an amp (around 2007/2008) and Fiio's most important first product if i'm not mistaken :thumbsup:. I have bought a few amps and dac plus 1 dap from Fiio since but unfortunately I can't afford the Q5s :disappointed:. Personnally I find its their most drool-worthy product right now :pray:.
Well, then it's time for you to win one! Good luck! :fingers_crossed:

PS: my first portable "rig" was a FiiO E06 stacked with a Sansa Clip+ :) And at the time it sounded better than any phone.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #929 of 3,226
Should the USB connection not sound better then line in ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back