FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Nov 7, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #1,112 of 3,173
Not sure if we are talking about the same pic/diagram, but didn't it just show the dual DACs?
DAC:AK4490EN×2
Two USB ports, one for data and other for charging. Does that mean if I'm connecting to a PC then I would HAVE to use 2 usb cables if I'm planning on keeping it running for more than the battery-life allows?

If so, that would be quite an inconvenience...
There are two USB interfaces. You don't have to connect all to use it,
Q5 Working current is about 370mAh, When the USB interface is plugged into the computer can be charged at the same time. Computer USB interface power supply is not stable, some current smaller, while others can reach 1A.
Another USB interface as an optional use, you can plug a more stable power adapter, so you can charge more quickly, but also on the sound quality is helpful, free from computer power pollution.
Price?

Power output?

If it sounds anything like the x5iii thats not a good thing. For me anyways.
Price: 349.99USD
Power output: >150mW(PO/32Ω); >400mW(BAL./32Ω)
Battery: 3800mAh (DAC>10h)

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #1,114 of 3,173
dual usb port is really good design. If anybody mostly use it as desktop, you could get the benefit from this design. No need to buy iFi iDefender..

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #1,125 of 3,173
Glad I just found this thread a few days ago. Would've been a real shame if I had to wait 2 years for the release.

I hope there will be a higher power, single-ended amp module that I can buy for it. I have no use for a balanced output from a portable DAC/amp.

Looks really beautiful though; love the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back