FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Jun 2, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #976 of 3,173
I'm an iPhone and MacBook Pro user so I'm glad that you're making Q5 compatible to Apple products.

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #977 of 3,173
Bluetooth headphones/earphones render an amp moot unless the amp can transmit apt x or something. A better use would be hires Bluetooth transmission via apt x from phone to amp, then use regular jack from amp to headphones. At least you wouldn't have to stack. I think the idea of having all dac/amping done through wireless headphones/earphones is not the way of the audiophile.

Jun 13, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #980 of 3,173
Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #981 of 3,173
Fiio, it looks like you are dropping the treble and bass adjusting features of the e7k and e17/17k, and instead using a simple bass boost switch. Is this true? If so, are you also planning this for the upcoming q3? Will you be offering any dac/amps in the future that will have treble and bass adjusting features like the e17/17k? In my opinion, this feature is what has separated your dac/amps from the competition, and has been what keeps me coming back to them.

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #982 of 3,173
Fiio, it looks like you are dropping the treble and bass adjusting features of the e7k and e17/17k, and instead using a simple bass boost switch. Is this true? If so, are you also planning this for the upcoming q3? Will you be offering any dac/amps in the future that will have treble and bass adjusting features like the e17/17k? In my opinion, this feature is what has separated your dac/amps from the competition, and has been what keeps me coming back to them.
Bass adjusting features, the Q series products will be used to achieve all the way to a simple switch, including the upcoming Q1Mark Ⅱ. I am sorry E17K to bring you the use of trouble.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #984 of 3,173
I am wondering on any news as well. Any updates on changes or ideas/confirmartions. I'm wondering if you will add an es9028. It seems like it's easier to implememt the the 9028 without getting sabre glare as well as perhaps just noticeably better perhaps especially in tonality. I find my LG V10 a little shouty on the upper mids at times. Not sure if that's the 9018 or just choice in tonality.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #985 of 3,173
Today I used the latest Q5 engineering machine, the specific situation I will continue to share here.
IMG_9406.JPG

IMG_9408.JPG

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #988 of 3,173
1. Decoding with iPhone normal, computer USB DAC play DSD normal.
2. Line input is normal.
3. Coaxial input with X7 Ⅱ, normal use
4. Optical input, the first time access problems, reset once. Support to 96K, the use of X7 Ⅱ fiber output source
5. VOL Knob feel OK, it can be placed on the desktop with your fingers.
6. Bluetooth connection phone, open and close easy to remember, connect the phone need to wait for red and blue light flash. and pair.
7. Bluetooth connection iPhone, control music keys normal, can not answer calls, you can listen to WeChat.
8. Lamp light effect is good.
9. With K5 use, K5 must power-on to charge Q5, decoding normal.
QQ图片20170801171339.jpg

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #989 of 3,173
1. Decoding with iPhone normal, computer USB DAC play DSD normal.
2. Line input is normal.
3. Coaxial input with X7 Ⅱ, normal use
4. Optical input, the first time access problems, reset once. Support to 96K, the use of X7 Ⅱ fiber output source
5. VOL Knob feel OK, it can be placed on the desktop with your fingers.
6. Bluetooth connection phone, open and close easy to remember, connect the phone need to wait for red and blue light flash. and pair.
7. Bluetooth connection iPhone, control music keys normal, can not answer calls, you can listen to WeChat.
8. Lamp light effect is good.
9. With K5 use, K5 must power-on to charge Q5, decoding normal.

That is looking nice, Demond!

Quite enthused about FiiO's progress with Q5!

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #990 of 3,173
Love the black brushed metal with the different-colour lightbeam based on what the function is. The purple beam with the black is so pretty! Lol. I also like the subtle red accents fiio has been adding lately. They've been doing a great job lately in the design of their products lately imo. They've made products look their own while still being mature, stylish and well-made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back