FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Aug 22, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #1,007 of 3,173
Is it possible to use external power option (e.g. USB or 5V, 12V adapter)? Using at home with computer, any portable devices with battery have to be concerned when battery exhaust. It will be care-free if I don't have to concern on battery energy

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #1,008 of 3,173
Is it possible to use external power option (e.g. USB or 5V, 12V adapter)? Using at home with computer, any portable devices with battery have to be concerned when battery exhaust. It will be care-free if I don't have to concern on battery energy
If you connected Q5 to the computer, you can connect to another micro USB interface, on the side, for the USB 5V power supply in.
QQ图片20170823171055.jpg

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #1,010 of 3,173
@demond : From the picture, there are one micro USB at the side of Q5 and one micro USB at the bottom of an AMP module, aren't there?

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #1,013 of 3,173
The Q5 replaceable amp module is the same as x7mkⅡ. Model: AM3A

Making interchangeable amp modules that are compatible with all high-end FiiO DAPs and DACs instead of releasing separate analogue amplifiers is a good idea. It means we can update the AMP and DAP/DAC independently and have only one device at the same time. However we can go even further. The X and Q lineup could use the exact same DAC/AMP implementations. I'm not necessarily saying the DAC should also be turned into a module like the amplifier, because that would be pain in the arse to design, what I'm trying to say is that the Q line-up could be a modified X line-up. Remove the "smartphone" parts, throw in some DSPs, write some basic software and call it a day. Heck, you could even use the same chassis (with different cutouts of course). You would still need to design two players (X and Q variants) for each price segment (1, 3, 5, 7), but only one DAC/AMP.

I do realize FiiO already reuses previous designs, but I have no idea to what extent. Is the Q5 similar to the X5III? Is it more like the X7II? It's called Q5 (not Q7), but it has an amp module like the X7. The F9 was also released recently, so I'm kinda confused with all these names. Maybe the Q lineup will only have 3 members because they are cheaper, so Q1 = X3, Q3 = X5 and Q5 = Q7? Or are they completely different devices and are sonically incomparable?

...or you can just release the damned device, so I can buy one and shut the hell up. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #1,014 of 3,173
Would it be possible to e.q. the q5 in apps through your smartphone like for example hiby, onkyo music when it's connected through usb? If that isn't possible I would love if the q5 had more of a custom e.q. than just a bass boost switch. Also, digital filters would be excellent. I really hope it comes with an es9028 pro just like the x7 and the same reference sound. If it comes with the 9028pro regardless of e.q. I'm buying it.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #1,015 of 3,173
Would it be possible to e.q. the q5 in apps through your smartphone like for example hiby, onkyo music when it's connected through usb? If that isn't possible I would love if the q5 had more of a custom e.q. than just a bass boost switch. Also, digital filters would be excellent. I really hope it comes with an es9028 pro just like the x7 and the same reference sound. If it comes with the 9028pro regardless of e.q. I'm buying it.

Bass boost is analogue (done by the Q5's AMP). Digital processing (EQ, effects etc.) can be done on the smartphone.

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #1,017 of 3,173
Q series models and X series no reference relationship, even in the sound quality. Q series of 1-3-5, respectively, refers to the entry level, professional level, high-end three grades.That is the Q5 sound quality will be X series flagship product level.
At the same time, I would like to tell you that, in order to better Bluetooth sound quality, would like to further adjust to APTX-HD, then the product will continue to delay.
Very very sorry. And I plan to sell a batch of "experience machine", so as to get more feedback, the specific approach I am working on.

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #1,018 of 3,173
Q series models and X series no reference relationship, even in the sound quality. Q series of 1-3-5, respectively, refers to the entry level, professional level, high-end three grades.That is the Q5 sound quality will be X series flagship product level.
At the same time, I would like to tell you that, in order to better Bluetooth sound quality, would like to further adjust to APTX-HD, then the product will continue to delay.
Very very sorry. And I plan to sell a batch of "experience machine", so as to get more feedback, the specific approach I am working on.
I think APTX - HD is quite a good idea and I think it's worth the wait. Whatever improves the product further is worth it and I don't find it unfair or anything to keep going back to tweak and adjust the product. That's what can make a product so great is going back and taking your time to work on it as opposed to rushing it because people want a better deadline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back