FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Aug 20, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #2,391 of 3,173
No.
Q5 can receive music from ipod touch (if it has bluetooth) through bluetooth, and
your headphone has to connect with cable on Q5 to listen music.
I was hoping to have function as you seek right now, but Q5 cannot do that unfortunately.

Aug 20, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #2,392 of 3,173
Does it send music from my ipod touch to the q5 via cable then to my BT headphones. In totally confused on what this does now.
It does not send a signal, it receives a BT signal.

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #2,398 of 3,173
I just got this an hour ago and already don't want it anymore.
That is a shame, it is a brilliant device. I get that you are disappointed, but nowhere did FiiO or any review I have ever read remotely suggest that it did transmission. In fact, FiiO clearly stated in this thread that it didn't do Bluetooth transmission. Hopefully if you require that functionality you can return it and get something else. Given that the Q5 doesn't have storage, why would you want it as a Bluetooth transmitter anyway? Wouldn't you simply go from say your source to the headphone in question and skip a middle device?

If your source is say a laptop or desktop that lacks Bluetooth there are several USB dongle options out there that add great Bluetooth capability, but you probably already know that. Cheers.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #2,399 of 3,173
If you have Bluetooth headphones, you don't need something like the Q5. Bluetooth headphones have all that functionality built in to them.

Yeah I know, but it would be nice to just be able to pull the q5 out of my pocket and know if the thing ran out of power without having to go through the extra effort of getting off my bike and use both my hands to shade the thing. I don’t even feel like this is nitpicking. I think they should consider that people will be using this outdoors considering it’s a portable amp.

The problem is, the difference between the amount of light indoors and out is staggeringly greater than we imagine. Our eyes and brain compensate so smoothly we don't notice this. If I look at my desk and out the window now, the difference in brightness doesn't seem to be so great, but if I take a photo of my desk, the window will be entirely whited out. If I take a picture of the window, the desk will be very dark.

If FiiO put a mega-bright LED on the Q5, it might be visible outdoors, but inside, in the evening, it would light up the room (like the camera light on a phone) and someone else would be annoyed!

Aug 20, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #2,400 of 3,173
That is a shame, it is a brilliant device. I get that you are disappointed, but nowhere did FiiO or any review I have ever read remotely suggest that it did transmission. In fact, FiiO clearly stated in this thread that it didn't do Bluetooth transmission. Hopefully if you require that functionality you can return it and get something else. Given that the Q5 doesn't have storage, why would you want it as a Bluetooth transmitter anyway? Wouldn't you simply go from say your source to the headphone in question and skip a middle device?

If your source is say a laptop or desktop that lacks Bluetooth there are several USB dongle options out there that add great Bluetooth capability, but you probably already know that. Cheers.
You are correct. I blame no one but my laziness on not checking. It still is a great device which I should have mentioned. I thought it did both directions and had balanced, I thought to myself this is great all I need in one device. I may keep it or return for a R6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back